Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they're all asking for pics tbh, the irish service asked me for full length pics date stamped today and a feet on the weighing scales pic dated from today too

Reactions: 5
Does anyone on ozempic feel faint a lot? It’s every single time I get up from either sitting or lying down, I see stars and it goes a bit black. Now I do have something else going on which it could possibly be related to, but I’m wondering if it could be the ozempic? I take metformin also. It’s been going in for quite a while now, maybe 6-8 weeks? Been on ozempic 12 I think x

Reactions: 2
Does anyone on ozempic feel faint a lot? It’s every single time I get up from either sitting or lying down, I see stars and it goes a bit black. Now I do have something else going on which it could possibly be related to, but I’m wondering if it could be the ozempic? I take metformin also. It’s been going in for quite a while now, maybe 6-8 weeks? Been on ozempic 12 I think x
I haven't, but that sounds dreadful! I wonder how your blood sugar is? If you can get in to see a GP it might be worth checking with them - especially if you're on the Metformin too. I hope it gets better soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I got it this week via zavamed ireland. Requested a prescription from them.. sent to my pharmacy yesterday.. got a call from the pharmacy to say it was in stock and could pick it up today.. €250
Btw again, many thanks for this, I got approved at 21:15 tonight!! happy days!! Just have to check it now with the pharmacy in the morning!
After the utter shite I went through with my own GP, telling me to give up carbs, dairy and animal products, after I opened up to her about struggling for the last 20+ years, only able to lose weight at sub 1000 cals... I felt so defeated and resigned to being the fat friend, who every says looks amazing, is ssooooooo funny, but who in reality feels trapped and sad, it's amazing to even get the script for this, fingers crossed it even kick starts something.

Could it be blood pressure related?

Reactions: 7
Btw again, many thanks for this, I got approved at 21:15 tonight!! happy days!! Just have to check it now with the pharmacy in the morning!
After the utter shite I went through with my own GP, telling me to give up carbs, dairy and animal products, after I opened up to her about struggling for the last 20+ years, only able to lose weight at sub 1000 cals... I felt so defeated and resigned to being the fat friend, who every says looks amazing, is ssooooooo funny, but who in reality feels trapped and sad, it's amazing to even get the script for this, fingers crossed it even kick starts something.

Could it be blood pressure related?
Possibly, wondering if it’s lowering it, I’m usually normal to low, but I’ve not had this before where it’s every single time I stand up. I might have only been sat down 5 mins so not like I’ve been lying down for ages or anything ☹
I do have an ongoing infection so maybe it could be that. I’ll mention it at my next appointment x
---
I haven't, but that sounds dreadful! I wonder how your blood sugar is? If you can get in to see a GP it might be worth checking with them - especially if you're on the Metformin too. I hope it gets better soon!
Actually I’ve got a monitor somewhere, I’ll get some stick things tomorrow! I’m not diabetic but was put on metformin when I was diagnosed with pcos. Maybe the two together is too much. Thank you x

I sometimes feel a little lightheaded for a short time but never full on fainting sensations.

Has anyone else had changes to their period on ozempic? Mines usually pretty heavy but this month and last month it’s barely there at all. Getting a bit concerned as hoping to TTC early next year, hoping it’s just the ozempic and not perimenopause or something 😩

Reactions: 1
My sax pens have turned up a day late, I have put them straight in the fridge but will they still be ok to use?
also, this last week with it being so warm has anyone else been feeling light headed? X

I definitely feel it affects me in the sun - my ahem stomach issues in Ibiza were horrible. I’m feeling so woozy today as well - I tried injecting an inch above my navel, and woooooh boy. I nearly fell over mid teenager tell-off, (which was quite effective actually).

3.5lb off this week, I’m so relieved after weeks of practically nothing!

Reactions: 5
I definitely feel it affects me in the sun - my ahem stomach issues in Ibiza were horrible. I’m feeling so woozy today as well - I tried injecting an inch above my navel, and woooooh boy. I nearly fell over mid teenager tell-off, (which was quite effective actually).

3.5lb off this week, I’m so relieved after weeks of practically nothing!
Try your thigh rather than above your navel, it’s supposed to cause less side effects. I’m struggling in the heat too. It’s 41 here today and I feel like I’m on the waltzers every time I stand up!!
---
My sax pens have turned up a day late, I have put them straight in the fridge but will they still be ok to use?
also, this last week with it being so warm has anyone else been feeling light headed? X
Yes they’ll be fine x

• Heart
They take edited pictures. I've seen people editing themselves bigger and be approved on another forum.

Reactions: 1
Try your thigh rather than above your navel, it’s supposed to cause less side effects. I’m struggling in the heat too. It’s 41 here today and I feel like I’m on the waltzers every time I stand up!!
---

Yes they’ll be fine x
Ive tried everywhere! At the moment I’m struggling to feel any effect from it, so mad as it sounds, I actually don’t mind - at least I know it’s working!

Ive tried everywhere! At the moment I’m struggling to feel any effect from it, so mad as it sounds, I actually don’t mind - at least I know it’s working!
No I completely get that. I find the side effects reassuring sometimes because then I know it’s definitely doing something 😁

Reactions: 4
Just been approved for wegovy in the states and….it’s out of stock. So bloody hard to get a hold of. My dr didn’t think I was overweight as I’m 5’9 but I weigh 210 pound and used to weigh 165. I had c diff in 2020 and almost died from it, got told it was a tummy bug for two weeks before I ended up in hospital with colitis caused by it. Apparently young people don’t get c diff as it’s an old persons condition. Anyway this ballsed up my weight. I went down to 150 and then slowly my weight just kept increasing even though I barely eat.
Moved to the US and as people tend to be bigger in the south (sorry anyone from the US but it’s massively noticeable where I live in Georgia) they think I’m “healthy”. It’s insane

• Sad
Has anyone (with lots to lose 5+ stone) used mysimba? Can't get Oz in Ireland and Sax is becoming equally unavailable 🙄 wonder will this set me on road (non-issue dieting and exercising I just don't get anywhere) until Wegovy is available in 2024

I’ve just placed an order for 5 Sax pens on Boots, hopefully shouldn’t be a problem as I’m an existing customer. I did want to move over to Oz but the shortages are just making it impossible ☹

Just been approved for wegovy in the states and….it’s out of stock. So bloody hard to get a hold of. My dr didn’t think I was overweight as I’m 5’9 but I weigh 210 pound and used to weigh 165. I had c diff in 2020 and almost died from it, got told it was a tummy bug for two weeks before I ended up in hospital with colitis caused by it. Apparently young people don’t get c diff as it’s an old persons condition. Anyway this ballsed up my weight. I went down to 150 and then slowly my weight just kept increasing even though I barely eat.
Moved to the US and as people tend to be bigger in the south (sorry anyone from the US but it’s massively noticeable where I live in Georgia) they think I’m “healthy”. It’s insane
In all the states I’ve been to (not many, 8 or 9 that I can remember off the top of my head) portion sizes are vast in most places compared to UK. Also there are so many diners and restaurant options that are relatively cheap, eating out is easy. I know lots of people get take home boxes but I think over there it must be harder to maintain a healthy weight.

I have fond memories of my friends and I having hangovers cured by wonderful $1.99 all you can eat breakfasts in the 90s ☺

I was in the US Sax Fb group for a while and many people’s target weights were 20 lbs or so higher than my starting weight. And I had nearly 70 lbs to shift to get bang in the middle of a healthy BMI.

Hi everyone / how are you all dealing with the supply issues. I was on ozempic from an online pharmacy - they ran out of stock so I switched to rybelsus tabs instead as recommended by someone on here - these are now out of stock and I’m eeking them out as much as possible but is there any advice when they’re coming back? Don’t want to keep having breaks and then starting again at lower dose ideally?

I got it this week via zavamed ireland. Requested a prescription from them.. sent to my pharmacy yesterday.. got a call from the pharmacy to say it was in stock and could pick it up today.. €250
I got mine last week with zavamed too but they only sent in a script for one box to the pharmacy. I hope it’s easy to get a repeat from them. I am on my last box of my first 16 weeks and I’m down 25lb but webmd aren’t doing prescriptions for it anymore even if you’re already a user. I feel like a drug addict going from doctor to doctor but it’s really working for me and I don’t want to have to stop
---
I think they're all asking for pics tbh, the irish service asked me for full length pics date stamped today and a feet on the weighing scales pic dated from today too
I sent in my pics and was approved minutes later!! No doubting I need it!! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.