Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. Its a life changer.
Where did you manage to get it from?! I have GP appointment next week & im hoping to get it prescribed, I have high Blood Pressure & sleep apnea , I’m about 2.5stone overweight! I cannot get it off. Driving me mad. 3 years ago I lost 3 stone through slimming world, I’ve done same this time and nothing 😩

Reactions: 1
I noticed that tonight too. I have one dose left and am now looking to change to something else as I think the prices are extortionate
Am going to try and make my box last till I go on holiday in Aug and then maybe look at mysimba when I get back. As me and my husband are on rybelsus it was only ever going to be a temporary help to us rather than a long term option. Mysimba looks to have as good results as rybelsus but on average takes a few weeks longer to loose the same amount of weight.

Reactions: 2
Quick Meds have now joined the profiteering gang so that’s them off the list for the foreseeable. Ozempic was £174 now £274 for all doses, definitely a no from me.
I have 6 weeks worth of doses left and I’m going to stretch them each by 3 days and then I may end up on the raw semaglutide or just try and go it alone. There is a limit for me and these prices are getting silly.
Oh wow, that’s disgusting. I hope they get no orders @ that silly price!!

Reactions: 3
Agreed 😘😃

Although when I donated my eggs (for no financial gain) and came in at 24 BMI (25 was the upper limit), the nurse looked at me and said “We’ll, you just squeezed in there…might want to watch what you eat.” and I was like 😲😲 Bearing in mind I was offering my body for an unnecessary, invasive, treatment for no benefit whatsoever. I was a size 12-14 at the time. Twats….everywhere 😵💫🙄

I was SO tempted to retort “ Pretty sure the infertile couple receiving my eggs won’t give a shiny tit about my BMI being 24 or 25 you salty witch, but whatever.”

(to be fair they might give more of a tit about my potty mouth and bad attitude, but there ain’t no blood test for that witch 🤪🖕)

sorry I’ve gone off topic. Fat-shaming boils my piss. Along with people in ‘caring’ professions who choose to be arseholes.
Reminds me of the time when I went for a 16 week check when pregnant with my first baby. Saw a locus GP who was MASSIVE. I mean very obese. She weighed me and I was 9 stone 2lbs, I’m 5’5” and I was tiny. She sucked in her breath and said “you don’t want to be putting much more on!”. Talk about damaging. Id gone through a lot to lose nearly 3 stone a couple of years before for my wedding. so was super touchy about my weight as it was and I’d only put on 2lbs!
---
Reminds me of the time when I went for a 16 week check when pregnant with my first baby. Saw a locus GP who was MASSIVE. I mean very obese. She weighed me and I was 9 stone 2lbs, I’m 5’5” and I was tiny. She sucked in her breath and said “you don’t want to be putting much more on!”. Talk about damaging. Id gone through a lot to lose nearly 3 stone a couple of years before for my wedding. so was super touchy about my weight as it was and I’d only put on 2lbs!
Locum not locus!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.