Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! Been lurking here for a while and wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me?
Does anyone know if these medications are ok to take when trying to conceive? And has anybody experienced much weight loss without being very overweight to start with?
I have a BMI in the upper end of healthy but have about 10lbs I’d like to lose but just can’t seem to shift. I wondered if I would be able to purchase from anywhere because of this? And would any of the medications be better than the others?
Thank you 😊
You’re supposed to stop taking them 2 months before you become pregnant so if you’re TTC it follows that you shouldn’t take it at all since you could potentially become pregnant at any time.

Reactions: 6
Hi all! Been lurking here for a while and wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me?
Does anyone know if these medications are ok to take when trying to conceive? And has anybody experienced much weight loss without being very overweight to start with?
I have a BMI in the upper end of healthy but have about 10lbs I’d like to lose but just can’t seem to shift. I wondered if I would be able to purchase from anywhere because of this? And would any of the medications be better than the others?
Thank you 😊
You have to stop 2 months before a pregnancy so no you can’t while TTC and these drugs are not for losing a few lbs. If your a health BMI you won’t get prescribed it.

Reactions: 7
These weight loss drugs really are a last resort tbh. I also get asked by people with a healthy BMI about losing weight and honestly it will take far longer than you expect, it’s not a quick solution and you would do better to count calories if you are trying to lose 10lbs. I am trying to lose another 60lbs+ which is a long slog and no small feat, which is why I need some assistance to do it, as in reality it could take me 6-12 months or more to lose it and it’s a long term situation. It’s taken me 5 weeks to even begin to build up ozempic into my system and I’ve lost 11lb but I am much larger than you so it will initially fall off faster so when you see overweight people posting big losses it’s just how it naturally works as we are already larger, with more water weight - most average weight people wouldn’t drop 11lbs in 5 weeks as they don’t have the fat/water to lose. It also costs my body more to move around than yours so I will be burning more at my BMR and a calorie deficit will work more easily until I reach a lower weight and losses will become harder and harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you 😊
I got Ozempic from www.myjuniper.co.uk and lost approx 17llb. I was already in the healthy range but wanted to lose my tummy and drop a dress size (12 to a 10). You obvs need to completely fabricate your starting weight. They didn’t ask me for photos, but I think they have others. I have no idea whether that’s random or not.

Reactions: 9
Hi anyone on Rybelsus… I went from month 1 on 3mg, and I’m now on month 2 on 7mg… how long do i stay on this? I’m really not sure
I think if you don't loose a certain % of your weight over a certain time you're supposed to up it but I can't recall what it's supposed to be!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you 😊
if your not obese and thinking of ttc I'd avoid Ozempic.

@LaraRv I asked something similar recently. The consensus is that these drugs even in tablet form are unsafe to use in pregnancy and therefore when TTC. The advice is to stop 2m before as others have said.

I’ve searched forums and there are a fair number of people who got pregnant whilst taking Ozempic for example and just stopped their use immediately and went on to have a healthy baby. There are also other stories about birth defects.

Ultimately as they usually don’t test non-essential drugs on pregnant women, there is no consistent evidence and they have to play on the side of caution. I’ve decided to just try calorie counting as if there were to be anything wrong with my baby I could never forgive myself.

I personally am too old to wait until I lost weight over several months before TTC but if you have more fertile months/years that could be an option?

clickbait good luck. Personally I found there must have been a surge in fertility as I ended my baby making days and that surge is now 13 eating me out of house and home.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
clickbait good luck. Personally I found there must have been a surge in fertility as I ended my baby making days and that surge is now 13 eating me out of house and home.
I’m honestly blessed to have a 8.5 month old so another child is a bonus, but I would love a second. I’ve been keeping all his clothes in ziplock bags in plastic boxes in the loft and we’ll run out of space soon (plus it’s costing me a fortune in bags and boxes!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
fingers xd! Its all good food till the teen years! (which is hilarious and nail biting in equal measure)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Got back last week from a cruise, I put on one single pound, I usually come back from a holiday with atleast half a stone on! I have now lost 1stone in 9 weeks on Saxenda and am beyond thrilled. Still only on 1.2 plus 5 clicks on the pen so not even at full dose.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I got Ozempic from www.myjuniper.co.uk and lost approx 17llb. I was already in the healthy range but wanted to lose my tummy and drop a dress size (12 to a 10). You obvs need to completely fabricate your starting weight. They didn’t ask me for photos, but I think they have others. I have no idea whether that’s random or not.
They started asking for photos and videos now (my friend ordered on monday). She asked why, and they told her demand is very high because people who doesn't need it are buying it because it is "online" leaving diabetic patients and those with weight issues with none.
---
Got back last week from a cruise, I put on one single pound, I usually come back from a holiday with atleast half a stone on! I have now lost 1stone in 9 weeks on Saxenda and am beyond thrilled. Still only on 1.2 plus 5 clicks on the pen so not even at full dose.
I am on 1.2 as well. Week 6 and 11lbs off. I feel alot hungrier the last 2 days, i am thinking of holding on to the 1.2 as long as i can (money issues) but if i keep getting hungry i will increase by a few clicks like you.

Reactions: 3
I got it this week via zavamed ireland. Requested a prescription from them.. sent to my pharmacy yesterday.. got a call from the pharmacy to say it was in stock and could pick it up today.. €250
thanks for this, since webdr stopped I was looking again, thank you!

Reactions: 2
My second order of rybelsus has just arrived from daily chemist two weeks after I ordered it! My husband has been told they don't know when they can fulfill his order for 14mg!

• Sad
I’m similar to you, wanted to lose around 20lb and to get back into my size 10 clothes. Also got from My Juniper and they did ask for photos - approved straight away when they saw them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I ordered ozempic from pharmacy planet on Monday came yesterday going to take it tomorrow so if I feel rough I’m not in work starting on the 0.25 I’m going to order the next one after 2 weeks if I like it ! Read through the thread thanks for the tips everyone looking forward to getting started ! I lost 6 stone calorie deficit and exercise over 18 months another 3.5 stone to go so hoping with this it should be a little quicker !
---
I also had to upload pics

Reactions: 6
As the drugs are available on the private market it is up to the seller (in most cases online pharmacies) to implement restrictions based on their own guidelines.

You would imagine their guidelines are based on published information about the target audience for the drug/those who should not be taking it hence putting in place questions on suitability.

If people choose to lie in order to access the drug the small print will cover the seller re: culpability in the case of injury/death (as it would for anyone taking it), so it’s unlikely they will impose stricter measures on access unless something happened that highlighted the laxity of their controls for example if someone with an ED died as a result of abusing them.

You could argue people who are genuinely obese and overweight and taking on medical grounds should take precedence over those who are a healthy weight but losing more for ‘vanity’ reasons, but the motivation for the businesses is money and they don’t seem to care where it comes from. Plus demand drives the price up so it’s a win-win for them.

Reactions: 8
I ordered ozempic from pharmacy planet on Monday came yesterday going to take it tomorrow so if I feel rough I’m not in work starting on the 0.25 I’m going to order the next one after 2 weeks if I like it ! Read through the thread thanks for the tips everyone looking forward to getting started ! I lost 6 stone calorie deficit and exercise over 18 months another 3.5 stone to go so hoping with this it should be a little quicker !
---
I also had to upload pics
I wonder could you use pics for somebody else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.