Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

user5609

Maybe it only works due to an underlying condition like PCOS. Have you ever been to your doctor and asked them to look into why you cannot lose weight?
Sadly I do not have a medical excuse and the only reason for my constant failure at weight loss is due to my inability to control my appetite. I’ve tried everything over the years, every fad diet, slimming tea, weight watchers, slimming world, purging etc etc. I finally feel like I’ve found something that works for me and I hope you can understand why it’s hurtful to hear someone say I shouldn’t be using it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

HarJR289

Chatty Member
First day on Saxenda, not much has happened. Injected in to my thigh then got a rash just below & assumed I was going to be the first death reported (ever the optimist!) no symptoms and no loss of appetite or diminished food chatter. When should I expect it to start working? I’m worried I’ll be the 1/3 it doesn’t work for!

• Haha
I’ve lost a stone so far and I still have 3 stone to go, I haven’t noticed any more wrinkles appearing and I’m in my 40s. Maybe try taking multi vitamins every day.

I’m quite enjoying the food not tasting as good or the same, that’s helping me not over eat. Normally I’d have tucked into a few of my children’s Easter eggs but the taste of chocolate just isn’t the same now, I love this feeling.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
How have you found this new approach?
It’s a lot better. I don’t know if I’ll stick to it, but I hope so. I’m certainly not worrying about the number on the scales anymore. I have to add because I feel like I’m always doing saxenda down on this thread, that it can be a good tool for weight loss even if it wasn’t for me in the long run. I went on it initially because I was getting intense hunger pangs which made me want to binge eat, and even though I’ve been off it since the middle of February, they haven’t returned and neither have the food cravings and I was only on it for 2-3 months. So I’m just trying to eat sensibly and healthily and listen to my body instead of eating out boredom. However, now it’s been a couple of months, I realise just how shit I felt on it. My mood is ten times better now, the exhaustion has gone and my joints don’t ache all the time. I felt like a 90 year old!

Should probably also add that I’d lost a lot of weight before lockdown which was solely down to dieting but put a stone and a half back on during, which just won’t shift. Hopefully I’ll get there in the end, but I think it will be slower because I’m nearly 50 now, but I hope never to step on the scales again. When I weigh myself, how I feel hinges solely on what the number is. Even if my clothes are looser or my stomach looks flatter or I’ve been eating very little, if the number has gone up or stayed the same, I just feel shit. So I’m not doing it to myself anymore.

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
They do say the early doeses are loading doses and can be slow to loose. The big thing for me was a consistent loss. So 5lbs in two weeks (congrats) might feel slow but 8 - 10 lbs in a month is great and over a period of 4 months real progress. After a life time of slimming clubs and acing week 1 but not been consistent or even a member by week 10 this has been a game changer.

Johnson1901

VIP Member
End of week three and I’ve lost 5lb in total now. Im over the moon with that. I’ve deffo lost inches as my clothes feel great 👍🏻 but most of all, I love that there’s no food noise. It’s honestly bliss ❤

• Haha

conrea37

VIP Member
My appetite has changed since I took the injection Thursday night. I still get hungry but I am happier with less food. I poured a “Normal” bowl of cereal for me (so quite sizeable) but I’ve left a good chunk because I’m full! I’m having a little bit of nausea but nothing serious. I did weigh myself today and I’ve lost some weight, possibly just water but I’ll take it.

I had a little sweet treat after dinner and stopped when I realised I was content. This is huge for me, I usually binge in the evenings when my adhd meds wear off.

I even turned down a maccies breakfast yesterday 😵

Reactions: 7

maggisojuicy

VIP Member
So, I had my first dose of Ozempic on weds (0.25mg). I honestly thought that would be too little to make any difference. Man I was wrong! I couldn’t eat at all on Wednesday evening or Thursday all day. Today I’ve managed half a slice of toast for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch. This is sooo unlike me, I normally have 2 slices of toast and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast with coffee and a smoothie then I’m hungry an hour later 😂 looking forward to weigh day next week!

• Heart

Glittery1

VIP Member
Guys I received my ozempic order on Friday but got struck down by the stomach bug that’s been doing the rounds. I still feel ropey this morning.

Gutted as I’ve been dying to start! Going to wait until I’m 100% better before taking my first dose.

So glad I didn’t take it as soon as I’d received it or I’d have been blaming the sickness on it! Lol

kaykay24

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my journey on here after reading here for a few weeks before bulding up the courage to order my firat pen. Im currently 3 and a half weeks on Saxenda. Don't have as much weight to lose as some but at my biggest I've been since after my children.

Started on a Wednesday (5.4.23) and started with only 5 clicks as was going away for a family holiday and didn't want to feel awful after reading about others side effects. That was enough to suppress my appetite. Only side effect I had was a bit of ingestion the second day. Lost 1.6kg that first week (13.4.23).

Start of my second week (13.4.23) I week up to the first proper does of 0.6, no side effects apart from feeling tired but I'm generally a tired person as is. Lost a further kg 0.7kg in a week and a half (23.4.23). Had decided to stick with the 0.6 as it was still suppressing my appetite.

Tuesday this week I increased my dose to 1.2 as was feeling hungry again and had binged the previous day on a load of crap. Dose knocked me, felt like I was coming down with flu. Aching, headache, couldn't get warm nausea. Decided the next day to go back down to 0.6 + 5 clicks and change injection site. Side effects gone and appetite suppressed. Weighed and had lost a further 0.3kg. Last weigh in was Thursday morning (27.4.23) and dropped a further 0.8kg.

So thats a total of 3.4kg/(half a stone!!) gone in 3 weeks! Slow and steady. Just ordered my second pen today. Mainly only eating one meal a day and plenty of fluids. Hoping to lose at least another half a stone before I go away in 4 weeks :)

chlosib

Chatty Member
Good luck! I’ve literally hit 100kilos and is the heaviest I have ever been. My feet and ankles hurt soooooooo much and I’m carrying it all round my waist and butt. Need to get rid and get healthy.
I’m the same - I think I’ve hit like 104kg at my max and I’m shocked because I never expect to get there. Like in my head I know how its happened realistically but then I’m also like “how did I let this happen?”

• Heart

oksobasically

Agree with the above- and just to say I wouldnt assume it’s a miscalculation on your part at all, wear and tear/general regular use over time on a scale can make them lose a degree of accuracy so it’s highly possible that this would explain the discrepancy (I’d guess an old school style may be more likely to lax more easily than a digital scale?)

I like a good, clean tracker but if I was you I’d add a comment in the 11lb down weight saying new scales, buy a new scale and just crack on from there vs trying to fiddle with lots of historical data since it’s probably going to have happened over time.
I personally use Renpho scales because allll of the data goes to my phone on an app to track all sorts of metrics (weight, bmi,body fat etc) as I like the data but wouldn’t want to calculate it every time. I think it syncs to MFP too, it’s a 180kg max weight but I think there are similar ones with different max weights too.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m 5 stone down since last July with Saxenda. I’ve stalled scales wise for the past month but still lost ‘inches’ (probably not actual inches but my clothes are still getting looser). I’m down to a 12/14 from a 22. I’ve never calorie counted while I’ve been using it, I just eat what I fancy when I’m hungry because I never manage enough for it to have a difference what I’m eating.

• Heart

maggisojuicy

VIP Member
Weight day…haven’t lost a pound 😂 not letting it get me down though! My appetite has reduced massively so will keep going and hopefully I will see results soon 🤞

• Heart

Bubbles Tizzy

I have just picked up my very first Saxenda. Injected myself so shall now see how it goes. I am very overweight need to lose about 6 stone so am really hoping this helps.

I have cut down on food already and went for a long walk this morning. I decided to take the injections after work and see how it goes, am hoping if I get side effects it will be at home & when I am sleeping not when at the office.

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
Not sure if anyone here follows igfamousbydana on Instagram, but she’s a trained dietician in the US who has just recently finished taking semaglutide a few weeks ago. She took it as she’s getting married, but also to see what the side effects were etc. She’s been really up front and honest about it all. She hasn’t gained any weight back either (think it’s been about 5 weeks since she last had it).

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Went out for a curry earlier and didn’t order a starter, just ate half my curry, bit of rice and naan & didn’t feel one bit hungry or dissatisfied, it’s the strangest feeling! Felt a bit left out when everyone was having starters and I had nothing but that’s about it. I’ve only been on 0.6 Saxenda for 6 days, what happens when i up the dose in one day? Wondering if I can continue on 0.6 for longer to be more cost efficient.

Hiya, can anyone give their verdict on 0.25 of Ozempic? It seems a very low dose.
It didn’t start working for me until 1.0 mg. That is fairly typical, especially after switching from Saxenda. Also fairly typical is to start losing right away. It’s not the same for everyone.

Between Saxenda and Ozempic I’m currently down 33 lbs.

jemmyj

So ordered yesterday from health express and my tablets rybelsus have just arrived excited to get started

I spent hours reading through these threads and watching tiktoks last week and have gone for it. Placed an order with Juniper and it's arriving today

I lost a lot of weight on Keto a few years ago but menopause has smacked in the face along with lockdown and a fully remote working life. I am disgusted with myself and I'm nearly back to my original weight. I wake up every day with good intentions and it all goes to shit every single day. I am hoping the so called food noise is going to stop as I seem to have zero willpower

Just had a text to say it's being delivered today - here's hoping!