Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

atomic

Just out of interest, does the risk of Thyroid Cancer from the injections not worry everyone taking them? After reading the side effect warnings it's pretty scary!
I looked into it and it was a side effect that had only been seen in rats. And I recall this was because rats already have a higher level of some sort of hormone that makes that more likely. I don’t remember the exact ins and outs, but I figured my weight was putting me at more health risks than a very rare potential risk from a treatment that could help me fix them all.

Totally each to their own though and I can understand why it’s frightening to read!

Reactions: 7

caremum

VIP Member
I'm so happy, doctor is going to prescribed ozempic, just having a full blood work up first, but he's happy to go ahead based on bmi and height/weight, so any advice welcome, how long it took, I've 3 stone to shift!
You are where I was this time last year!! I was so excited to start. And I'm down 3 1/2 stone now.

Learn how to use the pen. I lost several doses faffing around with it and its so expensive I was very cross with myself.

Believe in the process. Listen to your boday. Prepare for some changes. I cannot tolerate alchol at all these days and my raging coke zero habbit is broken.

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
newbie here x

I keep seeing comments all over social media blaming ozempic for the drastic weight loss of celebs/influencers recently. Does it really work that quick and effectively? Or are people just cluelessly commenting
I ordered it last week so will take delivery tomorrow (so I have no actual experience!) but it’s interesting because from what other posters have been saying on here I had envisaged that you don’t really expect much in the way of weight loss in the first month and that it takes a while to ‘kick in’ as such. I was thinking that weight loss starts for real once you hit the higher dose after 4-6 weeks or more.

However, my friend is about a week ahead of me, took her first weekly dose last Thursday and says that her appetite has almost immediately reduced so that’s made me a bit more optimistic. I said to her do you think it’s in part a placebo effect and she was like “Nah, I’m a greedy bitch…ain‘t no placebo effect if I’m eating less, that’s all drugs.” 🫣🤣

I’ll let you know my own experience once I’ve started!

• Haha
Day 1 of 0.25 Ozempic. Felt really weird all day. Am ok now I’m home though. Headache a bit. No nausea as yet. Hope this feeling doesn’t last all week though. Not sure I want this tbh. But equally I don’t wanna be 100 kg so 🤷‍♀️

ETA: have been mindful of food. Had half a sandwich and some watermelon for lunch. A decaf latte for breakfast. Wow. Who even am I? Normally I’d be snacking immediately I get home.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m going to stop the Saxenda. I’ve been on it since mid February and my mood is at it worst, I’m constantly constipated and I’ve only lost around 5lbs total. Last time I spoke to the Dr they said I might qualify for Wegovy when it comes to the NHS so I may try that but unfortunately Saxenda hasn’t been successful for me.
You’ve all been such a supportive bunch and I wish you well on your weight loss journey!

• Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Update - post laxative loss have finally hit a stone so yeah I’ll keep taking it for a bit but maaaan I felt ill yesterday

• Heart

Asshats

Hi all; I’m new on this thread; I didn’t know it was here. I’m on ozempic and have done the 0.25/0.5/1mg transition. I’m on my second week of 1mg and have only Lost three pounds in 10 weeks. I’m eating way less and have been since the first week I took it, I’m full a lot earlier, not snacking and no longer having evening wine. I literally have 4 stones to lose approx and it just won’t go. I tried this as I’ve tried everything else and I’m so fucking sad it’s not working. And desperate.

• Sad

caremum

VIP Member
10 months in 45 lbs down. 10.5 stone. Always thought this was goal but I'm still technically over weight. I took some weeks off and reduced dosage to get over Christmas and lack of availability clucking to .8. Burps, nausea and a zero tolerance to alcohol kicked in. Out for dinner last Sunday and just couldn't. There was no joy in having lovely food handed up to me. Maybe that's what made me obese too much joy in food.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
No that doesn’t sound daft at all, thank you for replying!
I messaged Asda Online Doctor and they said that it is not known to affect mood so I should keep on taking it… I’m not convinced so I’m going to take everyone’s advice here and put on my big girl’s pants and speak to my GP.

Thank you everyone for being so kind here ❤
Wow, that is shocking advice from Asda. Here’s all the possible side effects and suicide and depression is definitely listed.

Sorry to be a downer, but I do actually think this is important. I’m glad it’s worked for some people and I do think it will be a great tool for a lot of people going forward but I think the private providers need to be a lot more responsible about this.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
When you reach your goal weight what’s your plan? I heard if you stop, the weight comes back
My plan is to carry on with my new habits ( lots of water, no snacking, small healthy meals) but I think that’s probably easier for someone like me who only had a stone to lose because I suppose my food ‘issues’ weren’t that disordered in the first place? (I don’t mean that to sound like I’m a patronising twat to anyone seriously overweight 🫤)

I’m also going to carry on weighing myself every day as, personally that helps me to be honest with myself and not ignore it when the weight is creeping back. I know it’s considered disordered for some, but it works for me!

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
How is everyone doing? I only had my first jab yesterday and I’m genuinely surprised that I can 100% see a difference in my appetite already.

I’ve been absolutely shattered today- like pregnancy tired (if you know you know!), and I’m slightly nauseous (nothing intolerable).

I’m having a banana and some water for dinner and am kind of forcing it down to be honest as I know I need to eat. Who even am I??!

I’d read a lot online about it taking up to 4-6 weeks to see any effect on weight loss but if this continues I’m gonna lose the stone I need to in the first month. I‘m not sure if that’s good or bad to be honest.

Frankysaysrelax

VIP Member
How did you all decide which method to start with? I’ve been reading this thread from afar and just don’t know whether to take the plunge or not. I’m scared of side effects impacting work/family life but could really do with kickstarting my weight loss.

It’s the horror stories I’ve heard over the years about not being able to get to the toilet on time that do it! X
You won’t have to worry about that. I haven’t had a shit in days 😂

• Haha
I’m between 16-18 lbs down, it fluctuates…since starting Ozempic in August. The weight didn’t move for the first 3 months other than a pound or two. I think that was due to being on highest dose of Saxenda previously then starting with lowest dose of Ozempic. If anyone is making the same switch check if your pharmacy is happy to let you start Ozempic at 0.5 or even 1.0. My pharmacy wouldn’t agree.

xxoo1993

Well happy to report I had some wine last night and I enjoyed it and don’t feel bad today. I’m guessing this is cos my dose is wearing off a bit ? Had my first 0.25 jab on Monday. Friday night wine is a big tradition for me and my husband so was interested to see how I coped with that. I was able to be very restrained though and I love that. I have booked Tuesday off work for after my next dose just cos I can and will have a nap if needed. Last Tuesday I felt pretty ropey but that was because I woke up at 3:30am and didn’t really sleep after that. Not due to Ozempic though, that was due to work stress. And peri menopause etc.
I didn’t realise that one of the side effects was going off alcohol! Does this happen to everyone? I used to be a bad binge drinker always going for dinner with my friends and getting on the wine then ending up out out. Since ive been on this ive been for dinner 3 times and to a party once and had no desire to drink much each time and been home by like10/11 (at night not in the morning which it usually would be ha)
Can’t say I’m complaining! Ozempic has completely changed my toxic relationships with food and alcohol!

• Heart

Sticky One

VIP Member
I done my first week on saxenda and lost 4lb - my next weigh day is Monday - I usually never lose weight on my 2nd week and that’s usually what sends me into ‘what is the point’ mode 😫 I can notice I’m not as hungry and Im serving myself much smaller portions 💃🏻

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
Sorry to hear this, I must admit I thought I would have lost a bit more than I have, it's very up and down I have lost about 4lb since I started it in the middle of pen 2

Sorry I meant 1.2 not 1.6 I get a bit mixed up with the doses 😬🥴 I only had 1.2 today and I felt much better, nausea has gone, and it is still suppressing my appetite, I do think some people stay on the lower doses for longer than the recommended time, give it a try, think you just have to find a balance. When I go up I might just go up a couple of clicks and see how I get on 💕
---

Well done that is a brilliant result, did you struggle at first with feeling sick and if so how long did it last ?
I probably have struggled a little with fatigue and nausea but tbh its been worth it. I never imagined been back to a size I'm happy with. Age had hit big time and I had piled on 3 stone. I cringed when I had to be out socially meeting people. Not that anyone gave a sh*t about my weight size Im sure but I just wasn't comfortable in my own skin. I was probably also doing super damage to my own health as the fat was all in my middle and I had relatively good arms/legs. I was also a slow looser but 10 months in Im a different woman now. Really only posting this for the people dissappointed with low numbers. Low numbers over a number of weeks add up. Its been a costly investment in myself too but probably countered a little in how my diet and consumption has changed.

• Heart

Johnson1901

VIP Member
I’ve had my favourite sweets in the cupboard since the weekend and I’ve not touched them. Don’t even want them
Who am I?!!!

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Hey, what does everyone do with their needle bin?
I’ve only just filled my first after 7+ months and I’m going to wait until I’ve finished to get rid of 2 at the same time. But my local council collect, I just have to arrange a (free) medical waste collection on their website.

Good luck to everyone starting. You won’t regret it. It’s changed my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 22 lbs down since starting Ozempic in August and 33 lbs since I started on Saxenda. That’s been around a year and a half and I’m about halfway to my goal.

I had to wear a belt with my jeans last night. It’s my favourite belt. My friend gave it to me for my birthday back when I was properly thin about 20 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 6