Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bcfc999

Chatty Member
For people with low blood sugar - I'm not a medical expert but I did a first aid course recently where we were told that six skittles will get blood sugar back to where it needs to be if a diabetic is having a hypo. Maybe a couple of skittles would help?! No idea honestly but I've started having a couple when I feel really dizzy and it's helping.

I'm on day 2 of saxenda max dose and I'm still not feeling a reduction in appetite. I've had 3 or 4 days overall where I've barely eaten due to feeling sick, I get dizzy if I don't eat often enough (which obviously I still am anyway). I've lost 4lb in about 6 weeks. I need to double that in the next 6 weeks or I won't get prescribed it again. I'm really hoping it's just been holding out on me and I'll actually feel some positive benefits this week :( has anyone else here taken ages to have an effect? I reckon I could've lost 4lb eating and exercising how I have been anyway :(

Reactions: 6

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
My plan when I get to goal is to gradually reduce the dose and then stay on 0.6 for a few months then slowly reduce that too by going to every other day then reduce the clicks every other day etc until I’m off it completely. I figure it will be another 6 months or so after I’m at goal but for me it will be worth it financially. And the money it’s cost me ive definitely saved on food.

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Oh he’d check lol. It’s not that he’d mind it’s just I plead poverty a lot for why I can’t afford fuel or the food shop etc so he’ll be like why can you afford this then 🤣

• Haha

Noonoosanne2

VIP Member
I’m on week 6 or 7 and 16lb down happy with the loss but I do have constant sickness and not the least bit interested in food at all I’m off on holiday in 5 weeks and want to enjoy all the local food I know I will gain a few lbs but I’m not fussed as I’m on holiday! I don’t want to go away feeling sick and not really any interest in food so shall I miss 2 jabs prior to going ? Ozempic btw

That’s great that Saxenda has worked a second and third time for you. With me I started gaining weight at an alarming rate as soon as I stopped following a very long stall. When I started back it didn’t work at all. This was after a fantastic initial loss of 31 lbs.

I switched to Ozempic eventually and lost next to nothing over the next couple of months.

I am delighted to say, though, that since October I’m down 19 lbs. I’m very happy with that and now approximately 2.5 stone away from a good weight for me.

Madness isn’t it!!! I can’t get over how much I DONT want to eat!!
Long may it continue 😂😂😂
I agree. It’s absolutely amazing to not have that food noise, as I’ve seen others call it. I feel tired, but at the same time I feel energised by not being stressed about food and eating. This is what it is like for a natural slim person.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Has anyone taken orlistat and any tips tricks and wisdom? It’s says it’s to be taken with fatty meals ? I don’t eat breakfast bar coffee with skimmed milk lunch normally is a mug shot or soup and for example dinner tonigjt stir fry ?
I'm pretty sure you're meant to avoid fatty foods! As it binds to the fat and you get the awful oily poo!

I was on it for a month was fine until I had lamb for dinner and nearly pooed myself in the restaurant!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
It took me about 6/7 months to lose 5 stone with Saxenda. It is expensive but the money I saved on food balanced it out

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’d be dropping down again, maybe changing the time, injection site, anything really to kickstart it again! If it doesn’t work you might as well be hungry on 2.4 as it’ll be cheaper!
So I changed my injection site this morning after reading this. I hadn’t thought to try that before but I did today. Literally every side effect I had when I went to 1.8mg (the only increase that’s ever really affected me) is back with a vengeance 🤢 it may be a coincidence but it definitely seems to have done something. I was only feeling hungry occasionally and the rest of the time just feeling ‘normal’ but today I’m feeling so full I could burst, nausea, light headed etc. Its oddly satisfying to feel those side effects and think it may have kick started things again to be like they used to be. My weight loss had stalled for a few weeks although I was still physically getting smaller so I’m hoping the return of side effects will bring with it the return of weight loss on the scales. 🤞🏼

• Heart
  • Sick

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I’m not losing anything on this. Been on it since February and I’ve lost 3 lbs total. I’ve cut down so much I don’t understand it. I write out what I eat too. I can’t exercise due to a health condition which I get is a hindrance but 3 lbs only?! I lost 14 lbs in 2 days when I had gastroenteritis!
I was the same. On it for 3 months and lost about 8lbs in total. It was working in the sense that I was fuller and not eating as much but I was bloody miserable. I came off it and made the decision of never weighing myself again, because the number on the scale decided my mood for the day. I’m still cutting down on food but I’m going by how my jeans fit me instead (I’ve gone down a size since February).

• Heart

Latala

Chatty Member
Well it arrived & after some deep breaths the 1st dose is in (I don’t mind needles but popping 1 in my own tummy had me nervous) 🤷🏼‍♀️
I have weighed and measured this morning to keep a guide of the loss & need to ensure I have plenty of water I guess, very excited for this journey x

atomic

One week on and loving Saxenda so far! Has anyone else moving up from 0.6 to 1.2 done it by doing 0.6 in the morning and 0.6 later in the day?
I did this today as I forgot I was due to move up and it seemed to work pretty well - no side effects as yet either.
For anyone interested, I did this for two days to ease myself in to going up to 1.2 (0.6 in the morning and 0.6 in the evening)

I felt a bit sick in the evening after the second dose, but now I'm doing 1.2 in the morning with no side effects at all so I think it did help with easing me up a dose in the way I intended. Obviously I am not a doctor so not advising anyone else does this but just wanted to update with my thoughts on how it went!

I am not weighing myself yet as I don't want to get overly obsessed with the scale but in a week and a half I can already feel my clothes fitting more comfortably. Really impressed so far.

• Heart

Terrible

VIP Member
Thinking of starting Saxenda after reading through this thread. Where is the best place to order and how long does a pen last? And do you recommend to saxenda over the others as a first timer? I probably have about 4 stone to loose
I ordered from Asda, as they do a discount for the first pen (they sell one to start, then you buy in threes or fives). How long they last is dependent on how long you stay on each dose - each pen holds 18ml (mg? Can’t remember!) and the starting dose is 0.6. You then increase by 0.6 increments so 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/and 3.00 (full dose) You can go up every week (not before) or stay on a dose that works for you. Some people also go up by ‘clicks’, (ten between each dose) and go up the doses slowly (or not at all). Basically, you may spend longer doing the maths of how long a pen lasts than actually eating. If you get to the full dose of 3.0 each pen will last 6 days, stay on 2.4 and it’ll last 7.5 days, stay on 1.8 and it’ll last 10 days etc

I had two fish fingers and a small portion of oven fries and tonight. TWO!

• Heart
Just did my first injection !!!! Seemed to go in very quick. Didn’t feel a thing. Anyway will see what happens. I followed along the video guide that came with my juniper order!! Hoping it was done correctly. Injected in my substantial outer thigh area 😂

• Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Injection 2 of ozempic last night, went for the leg. Minimal effects noticed so far but hunger reduced by about 15%. 3lbs down.

caremum

VIP Member
atomic you vocalised it so well. I really feel like the power of food is broken over me. I eat like what I feel someone who has no food issues eats like. I twigged this morning I had cereal with husband who eats cereal every day and is slim. In previous life regimes I'd never have cereal as carbs are the devil and were to be avoided. As I'm near or at goal (still haven't figured that out) if I want a biscuit I have it but its a want not a craving that will spiral me into a binge and a cycle of purging and self loathing.

• Heart
Friday morning for me. I work full time and I find I’m tired over the weekend. I think it’s the Ozempic. At least if I fancy a Kip I can have one on a Saturday or Sunday.

I didn’t lose anything on Ozempic for the first 3 months but lost 22 lbs over the following 4 months.

I haven’t had any alcohol for about 3 weeks. No reason just no urge. Tonight I really fancied some red wine. The only reds I have are 2 super expensive ones and a magnum of Rioja. Didn’t want to open the special ones. If I open the magnum I have to finish it in a couple of days. I can’t commit to that 🤣 Ozempic wins again.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I feel like I’ve bought a Mary Popping’s pen. I’ve now done 4x0.25 and 2x0.5 shots and still have probably 0.25 left!

Im only 4lbs down but im not noticing a crazy reduced appetite yet.

• Heart