Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glittery1

VIP Member
Day 1 guys and I think it may be in my head but I have had no food noise today, ate very little and I’m not hungry at all!

I’ve had a sandwich, a biscuit, a packet of crisps that I took out of habit and got bored eating so I put them back (that has NEVER happened)

The kids wanted pizza, we got a dominos delivery and I had one slice and was satisfied! I’m someone who could easily eat a full pizza on my own plus garlic bread and chicken,

What on Earth is going on? Surely it couldn’t have worked so quick.., Is it s placebo effect? Whatever it is, if this keeps up I’ll be delighted

Reactions: 9

Delstar

VIP Member
I’m glad I saw this thread recommended by the trolls over on KHM 😉 So much great advice and info on here, thank you!
My Ozempic arrives tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to starting on it. In the last year I’ve put on 2 stone ‘thanks’ to PCOS/endo/bowel and bladder issues from adhesions, painkillers, anti-depressants, and then going in to surgical menopausal and now on HRT. It’s been a rough old ride, but I’m ready to start shifting it, and I’m hoping this will be what I need to help me along…

• Heart
Those that aren’t telling their partners how are you hiding it in the fridge before you use the pen for the first time? Do they not see the box? 😂 or your sharps box??

I’ve told my boyfriend from day 1. He’s never asked about the cost, because I collected my first lot from the boots next to my GP I think he’s just always assumed it’s from the doctor. Bless him 😁 I haven’t told anyone else tho so I hide the boxes in the veg drawer when anyone comes over and the sharps box in my bedroom.

For people who get it delivered - what are you doing with all the wool? I keep throwing it away but it seems such a waste!
Hidden the pen on an inner fridge shelf wrapped in kitchen towel. The needles are hidden in a bedside drawer🤫. If he finds them he finds them but I want to see how it goes first

ETA he won’t find cos he can never find what’s right in front of his nose in the fridge 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha

HoGi

VIP Member
I thought my juniper didn’t ask questions. I’ve been asked for waist measurement and now they want photos. Is there anywhere that don’t as so many questions? I am overweight but not obese and just desperate to get these pens.
It might be because people have been lying about their weight to get them that they are taking extra precautions. It is regulated medication at the end of the day and it should only be used as licensed

Should’ve said - first 3 weeks were 0.25 and have been on 0.5 since then. Think I might give 4 weeks at 1.0 a go and if I haven’t lost any by that stage I might just haven’t to accept that it doesn’t work for me. Which is a big shame as nothing seems to get the weight off and I’ve tried a lot 😔
Hang on in there. I’m more than 20 lbs down since I did start losing. It’s been extremely slow to come off but it is coming off. I’d be 2.5 stone, and maybe more, heavier if I hadn’t started on Saxenda and then moved over to Ozempic.

• Heart

Nadia Vulvokov

Chatty Member
I have and it was absolutely fine.
Same, no issues at all.
---
Hi everyone, hope it's OK to join in.

I'm using Saxenda which I used for a bit just after Christmas, but just wasn't in the right frame of mind for it. Recently had a massive wake up call since being hauled to the Dr's for high cholesterol showing on an annual health check! I'm not hugely overweight but my diet is messed up so I've had to have a strong word with myself.

It's Day 4 and already 2.5lb down. Even went to nandos yesterday, had the lowest calorie option and didn't finish it. No snacks at the cinema either, or in front of Ant and Dec SNT. This stuff works!

Here's to getting my weight and cholesterol back to normal. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart

atomic

Day 1 on Saxenda today - didn’t expect to feel the effects right away but bloody hell. Barely hungry all day, I could have happily not eaten until dinner. Then dinner came and I wasn’t able to finish it. I have NEVER felt like this, for as long as I remember I have always had an endless appetite.
Really looking forward to seeing how this continues going forward - hoping today isn’t all in my head!

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
I am but self aware enough to know I've been here before through different paths most noteably a vlcd and still ended up very heavy. Maintenance after weight loss is indeed the biggest challenge

• Heart
Day 2. Woken up feeling a lot better than yesterday. It’s my day off today so that’s good. Background headache so have had some Panadol. Also I’m out this afternoon and have told husband to get himself fish and chips or a takeaway for dinner and I’ll have a teeny bit cos I’m eating out lunchtime (will pretend it’s a big lunch!). I feel pretty excited cos my appetite is definitely different. My husband has got some crap going on at work that’s making me feel really anxious and upset hence Monday evening I came home did my first jab as I thought “oh well might as give myself a distraction if it’s gonna make me feel like crap” !! Last night he suggested let’s share a bottle of wine and talk it all through, and I said ok but only a small glass for me cos I’m tired and I really need to lose weight so don’t wanna over do it. Omg, half a glass and I was able to stop and not have anymore. 🤩 I enjoyed it and it tasted beautiful but I was fine with small amount. This is really exciting as wine and the eventual crisps after and crap food next day, is my big downfall that has massively contributed to my weight gain.
Anyway, just wanted to share how it’s going. Have a lovely day all and take care keep drinking the 💦! 👍🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 8

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
For those using myjuniper.co.uk it’s worth knowing that if you click on the ‘cancel’ button it takes you to a form that automatically offers you £50 off one more month if you don’t cancel, so remember to do that on what you anticipate will be your penultimate month!

• Heart

triggeredbyelephants

Just having a shop around and this is what I’ve found to be the cheapest/best currently for Ozempic if anyone is struggling at where to purchase:

Manual.co for £129 including postage, needles, sharps bin and personal coaching with access to recipe books and home/gym workouts. It rolls into a monthly plan at £199 but it’s pause/cancel anytime so you can cancel it after your first delivery and shop elsewhere if you want to get it cheaper - I believe quick meds is currently £149 incl postage when using ‘repeat5’ discount code. If you sign up to Heath express newsletter you can get 10% off which will make it £144 through them ☺

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
1. I’ve told mine but if I hadn’t they’d have no clue
2. The risks of being overweight far outweighed the risk of cancer for me.
3. Stay on it. It’s not a diet, it’s a medication. You wouldn’t have cheat days or weeks off if you were taking heart medication or antidepressants etc, this should be treated the same. There are countless stories of people who stop taking it for a holiday and then it doesn’t work for them again.
I think the 15% is you’re supposed to lose that much in the first 12 weeks or it’s not working as it should for you? Unsure. I’ve lost around 30% of my starting weight now and have no issues getting prescribed (other than I’m v.close to target weight so I occasionally get extra questions).

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
I thought my juniper didn’t ask questions. I’ve been asked for waist measurement and now they want photos. Is there anywhere that don’t as so many questions? I am overweight but not obese and just desperate to get these pens.
I had to give waist measurement then they asked for photos. I’m also overweight but not obese but I look horrendous in the pics I sent so they approved it straight away 😂

• Haha

Frankysaysrelax

VIP Member
The best way I can describe it is that you feel as though you’ve been hypnotised. It’s not a physical feeling of being full. More a mental indifference to eating. I’m someone who constantly thinks about food and is prone to binging then restricting etc. to be in a place where I’m not obsessing over food it’s just mind blowing for me. For the first time in my life im forgetting to eat!
---

• Heart

HarJR289

Chatty Member
2nd week weigh in - lost 5lbs in total. I was hoping for more as I’ve been eating so little but I’m happy overall. I really need to try and incorporate some exercise in too. Minimal side effects if any, I’ve been taking b12, magnesium & evening primrose oil so maybe that might be to do with it. I’m not really feeling much appetite suppressant since I went up to 1.2, I’m having cravings but I’m still having reduced portions due to getting full a lot quicker.

caremum

VIP Member
Sometimes I read about people loosing huge weight in a week but I wasn't one of those. But from today my bmi is 24.9. Last year it was 34!!

I didn't put it all on in a month either so its unrealistic for me to have expected it to fall off either. Slow and steady wins the race. I've heard alot of stories on media lately. Giving out about cost etc. For me in Ireland I'm getting 5 weeks at .8 at the moment. Still losing v slowly. Might try and get to 10 stone and then go lower on maintenance. the cost is €28 p.w. If I quantified what I spent on slimming clubs, crap food, laxatives, and the cost to my health over the years that isn't outrageous either. I did cambridge years ago and that was €60 p.w. with a very push rep who was heavier then I was!!!

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Sadly I do not have a medical excuse and the only reason for my constant failure at weight loss is due to my inability to control my appetite. I’ve tried everything over the years, every fad diet, slimming tea, weight watchers, slimming world, purging etc etc. I finally feel like I’ve found something that works for me and I hope you can understand why it’s hurtful to hear someone say I shouldn’t be using it.
Ah people can be unnecessarily snippy. www.myjuniper.co.uk. Add a few extra llb onto your actual weight and voila 😂😍

• Heart

caremum

VIP Member
What are the side effects? I need to shift menopause weight which is stubborn
Mine is gone!! I had 2 1/2 stone up and Ive managed to loose 3 1/2 stone. Supply causing me grief at the moment though. I'm starting to enjoy food again which is not great but no weight gain despite no ozempic for a few weeks.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
How do you dispose of a sharps box I’ve been wondering?
For me I can arrange a collection through the local council on their website but every council is different. I haven’t tried it out yet as im going to wait til I’m done and have (presumably) 2 full boxes collected at the same time but it seems pretty straight forward on my councils website. If I wanted I could just dispose of it through our waste collection at work tbh as we do have the option to add a sharps bin/medical waste collection to our normal controlled waste collection (sanitary bins etc) but I’ll do it properly through the council when the time comes. If I run in to any issues I can do it through work though.

This might be a silly question but how does it work ?? What do you eat ? Are you just really not hungry so you don’t eat and loose weight ?
Saxenda slows down your gastric emptying so your stomach is literally just full (and you’ll poo a lot less. Don’t be worried by that!) so you simply don’t have room for as much food. I believe ozempic works by stimulating the hormone that makes you feel full. It also helps your body release more insulin although I don’t know how that helps weight loss.
Regarding what to eat I literally eat whatever I fancy. I eat so little that it doesn’t matter whether I have a salad or a burger. I rarely reach my daily calorie limit. Today for example I had porridge with a banana and spoonful of Nutella swirled in for brunch as I was craving something sweet, a chicken burger this afternoon because I was out and then I’ve just had half a hot cross bun because I couldn’t manage the whole thing. I’m stuffed from that but under 1300 calories for the day. I don’t often feel really hungry but if I do I’ll eat anything because 9 times out of 10 I only manage a small portion. I make sure I drink plenty of water which helps with feeling full and keeping things moving.
I find when I’m actually hungry if i go shopping for food I’ll buy a load of crap as old habits tell me that’s what I want, but it just sits in the cupboards. I have about 10 boxes of cereal untouched, packets of biscuits, bags of crisps etc that I’ve bought when I’ve shopped while hungry but by the time I’ve got home either the feeling has passed or something like a boiled egg sorts me out for hours. The little pots in the Tesco meal deal with 2 boiled eggs in keeps me full all day so I always pick up one of those to munch in the car before I get home with my haul of junk food then I don’t touch it. Every now and then I bag up all the crap I’ve bought and stick it in the food bank 😊
Like @Ollies01 if i go shopping when I’m not hungry I have literally no interest in food. I could walk around the entire supermarket and look at every product and come out with nothing more than a bottle of water. It’s the same when I go out for food, unless I’m ravenous I could look at the menu for ages and nothing grabs my fancy, I have to force myself to choose and then I rarely finish what I’ve ordered. Whereas before I’d be eenie meenie minie mo’ing to decide between 3 starters, 2 mains and the 4 desserts that took my fancy 😁

• Heart