Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you say this medication is for life? Wondering what happens when you reach goal weight and stop? Am hoping that new healthier habits will help me maintain but worried it will just all go back on if I decided to stop taking Ozempic. Anyone stopped and maintained?
My first pen arrived Saturday but waiting for stomach bug to pass before starting!!

Reactions: 4
I am really nervous. I had no luck on Victoza it just suppressed my appetite, eating a lot less, on it a year. No weight loss. I’m on steroid’s constantly for an autoimmune disorder.

My consultant has prescribed Ozempic but I’m afraid it won’t work with my medication.

For people with low blood sugar - I'm not a medical expert but I did a first aid course recently where we were told that six skittles will get blood sugar back to where it needs to be if a diabetic is having a hypo. Maybe a couple of skittles would help?! No idea honestly but I've started having a couple when I feel really dizzy and it's helping.

I'm on day 2 of saxenda max dose and I'm still not feeling a reduction in appetite. I've had 3 or 4 days overall where I've barely eaten due to feeling sick, I get dizzy if I don't eat often enough (which obviously I still am anyway). I've lost 4lb in about 6 weeks. I need to double that in the next 6 weeks or I won't get prescribed it again. I'm really hoping it's just been holding out on me and I'll actually feel some positive benefits this week :( has anyone else here taken ages to have an effect? I reckon I could've lost 4lb eating and exercising how I have been anyway :(

Reactions: 6
I am just about to start my 2nd pen (with about 0.25mg left in my first) and I don't know if it is worth it because of the shortage of if I should just wait it out until its easier to get. Is there any news on Wegovy's release?

Reactions: 2
I am really nervous. I had no luck on Victoza it just suppressed my appetite, eating a lot less, on it a year. No weight loss. I’m on steroid’s constantly for an autoimmune disorder.

My consultant has prescribed Ozempic but I’m afraid it won’t work with my medication.
If your consultant has prescribed it I'm sure they've checked any contraindications with other meds you're on. Did you tell them you were nervous about it?

Would you say this medication is for life? Wondering what happens when you reach goal weight and stop? Am hoping that new healthier habits will help me maintain but worried it will just all go back on if I decided to stop taking Ozempic. Anyone stopped and maintained?
My first pen arrived Saturday but waiting for stomach bug to pass before starting!!
It’s like any diet or ‘fix’ really. Unless you fix the underlying reason why you overeat, the impact of the diet will cease as soon as you stop the diet. I don’t mean that to sound unnecessarily harsh, just the reality imo.

Reactions: 10
Hi everyone x
Week 3 of ozempic. Spoke to my GP who said I should qualify on the NHS once they have the NICE guidelines. I’ve seen a few mention Wegovy. Are there any differences between the two at all or is it just the brand name?

I cannot believe the change. I went to costa for late breakfast and grabbed a toastie, and I instinctively thought I’d get a mocha, but I got a latte instead. toastie has filled me up.

Yesterday I was out all day doing farm work (a regular occurrence on my days off) and id usually get a takeaway on the way home. I didn’t want one and knew I’d be wasting money as it’d last me days and I’m going away tonight for 3 nights. I had a piece of Birds Eye tempura chicken and half a pack of savoury rice (having had the previous half the day before- usually I’d have the pack in one go) and a piece of a sweet treat.

5lb lost so far. I had 95 to lose for my optimum goal weight for my height. 90 now. Of course I won’t lose 5lb every week but it’s a mild boost to get me started.
---
Hi everyone x
Week 3 of ozempic. Spoke to my GP who said I should qualify on the NHS once they have the NICE guidelines. I’ve seen a few mention Wegovy. Are there any differences between the two at all or is it just the brand name?
It’s the same drug afaik

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I cannot believe the change. I went to costa for late breakfast and grabbed a toastie, and I instinctively thought I’d get a mocha, but I got a latte instead. toastie has filled me up.

Yesterday I was out all day doing farm work (a regular occurrence on my days off) and id usually get a takeaway on the way home. I didn’t want one and knew I’d be wasting money as it’d last me days and I’m going away tonight for 3 nights. I had a piece of Birds Eye tempura chicken and half a pack of savoury rice (having had the previous half the day before- usually I’d have the pack in one go) and a piece of a sweet treat.

5lb lost so far. I had 95 to lose for my optimum goal weight for my height. 90 now. Of course I won’t lose 5lb every week but it’s a mild boost to get me started.
---

It’s the same drug afaik
Yeah it is, but it's available in higher doses

Reactions: 3

---

It’s the same drug afaik
My husband doesn't snack. Eats well and has never carried weight. I find I can emulate his eating habits now. Pretty much at goal and if I want some chocolate I have it but only a bite. Ozempic for me has been a 12 month journey. but I'm down from a bmi of 34 to 24. Size 18 to 14. I'm not tiny. I never will be but I no longer cringe when I'm out or bump into someone. Being in your 50s is so hard. The weight had crept up and was only going one way. On top of everything else it was a lot to content with.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I started ozempic weekly injection 0.25 a month ago. Haven’t noticed much difference to be honest. There seems to be some left in the injection gun, and I have spare needles from victoza. Would it be really bad to go week 5 or longer on the same injection gun? The instructions are in Russian so not much help 😄

Reactions: 1
I started ozempic weekly injection 0.25 a month ago. Haven’t noticed much difference to be honest. There seems to be some left in the injection gun, and I have spare needles from victoza. Would it be really bad to go week 5 or longer on the same injection gun? The instructions are in Russian so not much help 😄
I took my first pen over 6 weeks.

Hello! I think I know the answer to this, but I am in the process of being investigated by my GP for potential thyroid issues. I've still got 3 weeks to wait until my blood test appointment and I'm very impatient and keen to start Rybelsus but I am not sure whether to order and start taking it before having my blood tests, as it may skew the results? What do you all think?

When did people start to lose on it?
I go in spurts as I find the side effects harsh and so I tend to just drop weight quickly as I don't eat much and feel sick.
---
I kept the weight off but only as much bad habits would be eating to the point of maintaining a weight but not reducing it. Year by year I tend to stay steady whether that be at a more comfortable weight or above that. So saxenda bursts of a week or 2 would take 7lbs off and I can keep that off but have to be mindful. There hasn't been any rebound weight gain for me but I have never got past 1.8. It's fascinating as my weight loss is due to the loss of appetite and nausea. The 'magic' is meant to start at 3.2. But if I get to a healthy weight then I'd be ecstatic. 2 stone to go.

Last edited:
I thought my juniper didn’t ask questions. I’ve been asked for waist measurement and now they want photos. Is there anywhere that don’t as so many questions? I am overweight but not obese and just desperate to get these pens.

I thought my juniper didn’t ask questions. I’ve been asked for waist measurement and now they want photos. Is there anywhere that don’t as so many questions? I am overweight but not obese and just desperate to get these pens.
I found daily chemist didn't ask many questions. I did buy the tables (rybelsus) and not the pens tho.

London Slimming Clinic didnt ask questions when I was ordering Saxenda from them. I have moved to My Juniper for Ozempic and they only wanted a waist measurement

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.