Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me. My BMI was 27 but I am from a high risk ethnic background (according to the NHS, where a BMI of 27 becomes the threshold rather than 30), prediabetic and have family history of diabetes so I thought Health Express would still prescribe to me but they said no after explaining the reasons above. So I went elsewhere with the knowledge that I would need to be slightly creative with my weight. If your BMI is over 30, you don’t have mental health markers and you’re not pregnant or trying, you shouldn’t have any issues.
---

It does require patience and many people don’t lose on 3mg (it’s just a dose to get your body used to the medication) so 2.6lb is a big loss in a week. And if you’re constipated your actual loss may be more than that. I would have loved 2.6lb in my first week on 3mg.

I do think you still need to be disciplined - although I was fuller than normal on 3mg I still was tempted by sweets and snacks, I just ate less of them. If you stay on the tablets you’ll find the weekends are ok. There’s only so much you can physically eat (not that much!) and that’s what makes it work.
Thank you for your words of wisdom! I think I needed to hear its not going to work miracles in the first week. I easily throw in the towel when I don't loose as much as I want so need to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Reactions: 6
Hi all, I’m considering ordering my first Ozempic pen but I have some questions if you guys don’t mind helping me out please?
Im going on holiday the start of July… have I left it too late to start? Should I see results before then? Do I have to start injecting at 0.25 or could I start at 0.5? Are the injections daily? What kind of side effects have you experienced? How much are you a month for your pens?
Thank you in advance 😊
Mollysue its never too early to start. I went on Ozempic in May last year. Was on hols in July and August. I was definitely down weight which made a huge difference to me. However it is up to you too. Work with the product to try and make good food choices. I went off alcohol completely which was good (I wasn't a huge drinker anyway) but its hidden calories. Definitely follow the process. If you try and ramp it up quickly the side affects can be horrid. Ozempic is weekly. Im in Ireland so pens vary if you can get them from E140 - E160

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I’ve finally taken the plunge I’ve ordered the tablets I know it will be a long road. I’ve ordered it from health express and found it embarrassing that I had to upload a photo of myself I can’t believe I’ve let my go so much. On the plus side I feel like I have taken the first step on getting my life back fingers crossed 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Mollysue its never too early to start. I went on Ozempic in May last year. Was on hols in July and August. I was definitely down weight which made a huge difference to me. However it is up to you too. Work with the product to try and make good food choices. I went off alcohol completely which was good (I wasn't a huge drinker anyway) but its hidden calories. Definitely follow the process. If you try and ramp it up quickly the side affects can be horrid. Ozempic is weekly. Im in Ireland so pens vary if you can get them from E140 - E160
Thank you so much for your encouragement! I’m going to order the pens tonight. Watch this space 👀

So I’ve finally taken the plunge I’ve ordered the tablets I know it will be a long road. I’ve ordered it from health express and found it embarrassing that I had to upload a photo of myself I can’t believe I’ve let my go so much. On the plus side I feel like I have taken the first step on getting my life back fingers crossed 🤞
I did the same last night - could barely look at it haha! Mine still says in progress though :( was hoping they would come before the weekend so i could ease myself in while im not at work

Reactions: 3
still waiting for my ozempic order from myjuniper…. Ordered on Tuesday and it will apparently be here tomorrow. I’m very impatient I was hoping for next day delivery like I’ve heard on here but I’m not on the mainland so that maybe makes a difference.

what day/time does everyone take there’s? I want to start as soon as I get it. Is Friday a good day?

Reactions: 2
First week done and 2lbs off. Which I’m super pleased with, plus I can tell I’ve lost inches as my work trousers are looser around my stomach!!
But the best thing about having ozempic? The quietness I get from not having my brain constantly thinking about food. It’s so refreshing, and I bloody love it.
Second jab was yesterday afternoon and so far no side effects 🤞🏻
This is my favourite part as well, though I’m on Saxenda rather than Ozempic. Still very new to it (only started this week) but not sitting thinking about food and having to will myself to resist snacks is a revelation! It just doesn’t enter my mind already. I’m a crisp FIEND, opened a small pack of Squares earlier and lost interest after about 3 of them. This is unheard of for me and I think even grabbing the packet from the cupboard was a sign of habit far more than it was due to wanting to eat.
Was skeptical that these pens couldn’t possibly work so well, like a miracle fad that would have no impact. Wow I was wrong and can tell a massive difference already just 4 days in.

However (there’s always something), the nightly reflux is horrendous! Any tips or tricks on how to deal with this would be appreciated, or is it just a case of riding it out with Gaviscon til the meds settle?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a cupboard full of crisps, get them for the kids and husband. I’d eat them too before but now they don’t tempt me at all.

Should’ve said - first 3 weeks were 0.25 and have been on 0.5 since then. Think I might give 4 weeks at 1.0 a go and if I haven’t lost any by that stage I might just haven’t to accept that it doesn’t work for me. Which is a big shame as nothing seems to get the weight off and I’ve tried a lot 😔
I’m feeling exactly the same, on 1mg Ozempic now & haven’t lost a pound since I started 6 weeks ago 😩 gutting when others seems to be stones down by this point.

Hey everyone!

I've just taken dose 2 of Oz and am a bit worried about the amount of liquid left in the pen. It's a 1.5ml pen and I've taken 2 doses of 0.25 and it still looks really full.
IMG_0460.jpeg

Anyone know if this looks right for 2 doses? Or have I got a dodgy pen?

4 lbs down anyway, so very chuffed with that!

Cheers.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone!

I've just taken dose 2 of Oz and am a bit worried about the amount of liquid left in the pen. It's a 1.5ml pen and I've taken 2 doses of 0.25 and it still looks really full.
IMG_0460.jpeg

Cheers.
I read somewhere that there’s extra in the pen for you to muck up at least one dose !! 😂

Hey everyone!

IMG_0460.jpeg

Cheers.
I’ve done 4x0.25 and 1x0.5 and I’ve still got quite a bit left in my pen!

My order for Rybelsus has been unsuccessful :( Any advice? do i just need to lie about my weight/BMI?

My order for Rybelsus has been unsuccessful :( Any advice? do i just need to lie about my weight/BMI?
Where from? Health Express declined my order even with a “modified” weight that puts my bmi over 30 AND a photo from when I actually weighed that much. Tight fisted pricks! Although I’m not technically OBESE anymore I’m still overweight with a long way to get to my goal weight. Not sure where else I can try 😞

Where from? Health Express declined my order even with a “modified” weight that puts my bmi over 30 AND a photo from when I actually weighed that much. Tight fisted pricks! Although I’m not technically OBESE anymore I’m still overweight with a long way to get to my goal weight. Not sure where else I can try 😞
yeah it was Health Express. I got all excited for nada

If you’re not obese then you don’t need a drug which is to tackle obesity.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If you’re not obese then you don’t need a drug which is to tackle obesity.
So the moment that your bmi is no longer in the obese category you’re supposed to stop taking it? I suppose you’d recommend I go back to diet and exercise which CLEARLY has never worked for me before despite years of trying. If I had been successful before I wouldn’t be taking this in the first place. I’m still overweight and unhealthy and this is the only tool I’ve found that’s ever worked for me. What a ridiculous thing to say.

So the moment that your bmi is no longer in the obese category you’re supposed to stop taking it? I suppose you’d recommend I go back to diet and exercise which CLEARLY has never worked for me before despite years of trying. If I had been successful before I wouldn’t be taking this in the first place. I’m still overweight and unhealthy and this is the only tool I’ve found that’s ever worked for me. What a ridiculous thing to say.
Maybe it only works due to an underlying condition like PCOS. Have you ever been to your doctor and asked them to look into why you cannot lose weight?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.