Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've been of saxenda a few weeks now and I'm happy to report I have maintained my weight. Some days I'm hungry some days I'm not and have to remind myself to eat. I could happily pig out and just eat crap out of boredom but that urge is not there like it used to be. Think I will buy saxenda again after my holiday. Happy loosing xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Day 7 on rybelsus and am only 2.6lb down. I was hoping for more by now but I do think I'm starting to suffer with constipation. I still feel tempted by wine and ate a couple of chocolates yesterday but the rest of my diet has been good. I'm just hoping I can hold it together at the weekend (the time I usually pile it back on).

Reactions: 4
I am 4 weeks off ozempic. Hoping to find a pen soon. I will have to scale back to the beginning at this stage. I'm trying to keep a very balanced approach to food. I'm enjoying it more though which is a bit dangerous for me. No cravings yet. No real sweet tooth back. Had baked potato with salad last night. Cous Cous and veg for lunch.

Reactions: 2
I’ve ordered my first Ozempic pen and hoping it arrives soon.
I’m wondering if anyone travels a lot for work and how they manage it. I’m cabin crew so am. It always home on the same days and will struggle to always keep a pen in the fridge. Any advice please, thank you x

Reactions: 4
I’ve ordered my first Ozempic pen and hoping it arrives soon.
I’m wondering if anyone travels a lot for work and how they manage it. I’m cabin crew so am. It always home on the same days and will struggle to always keep a pen in the fridge. Any advice please, thank you x
Once it’s been used for the first time you don’t need to keep it in the fridge. I’ve just done my 1st injection then stuck it in a drawer 🙌

Second injection done. I’m hoping I get away with side effects this week 🤞🏻
I realised it was due as I had started thinking about food haha

Reactions: 1
Have just started my week of Ozempic and have so far lost … one solitary pound. So disheartened.
It’s not as if I don’t have weight to lose - currently 184lbs.
I have one more needle left for next weeks injection and then I don’t know whether to continue after this course

it seems an awful lot of money for no results.

it does curb my appetite a bit and has stopped my excessive snacking. Am eating healthy but the scales and inches aren’t budging 😢😢

Should’ve said - first 3 weeks were 0.25 and have been on 0.5 since then. Think I might give 4 weeks at 1.0 a go and if I haven’t lost any by that stage I might just haven’t to accept that it doesn’t work for me. Which is a big shame as nothing seems to get the weight off and I’ve tried a lot 😔

Should’ve said - first 3 weeks were 0.25 and have been on 0.5 since then. Think I might give 4 weeks at 1.0 a go and if I haven’t lost any by that stage I might just haven’t to accept that it doesn’t work for me. Which is a big shame as nothing seems to get the weight off and I’ve tried a lot 😔
Hang on in there. I’m more than 20 lbs down since I did start losing. It’s been extremely slow to come off but it is coming off. I’d be 2.5 stone, and maybe more, heavier if I hadn’t started on Saxenda and then moved over to Ozempic.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all, I’m considering ordering my first Ozempic pen but I have some questions if you guys don’t mind helping me out please?
Im going on holiday the start of July… have I left it too late to start? Should I see results before then? Do I have to start injecting at 0.25 or could I start at 0.5? Are the injections daily? What kind of side effects have you experienced? How much are you a month for your pens?
Thank you in advance 😊

Follow the method. I get you want a quick loss but it’s been said many a time on here ozempic takes longer. You’re racing ahead and expecting results instantly.

Just ordered my first Rybelsus 3mg (scared of needles!) and to be honest i'm a bit scared to start.

Is there anyone who didn't initially get approved then went elsewhere? wondering what the reasons might be for them saying no... I ordered from healthexpress. any advice for a scared newbie would be appreciated! 😅

Reactions: 3
Just ordered my first Rybelsus 3mg (scared of needles!) and to be honest i'm a bit scared to start.

Is there anyone who didn't initially get approved then went elsewhere? wondering what the reasons might be for them saying no... I ordered from healthexpress. any advice for a scared newbie would be appreciated! 😅
Me. My BMI was 27 but I am from a high risk ethnic background (according to the NHS, where a BMI of 27 becomes the threshold rather than 30), prediabetic and have family history of diabetes so I thought Health Express would still prescribe to me but they said no after explaining the reasons above. So I went elsewhere with the knowledge that I would need to be slightly creative with my weight. If your BMI is over 30, you don’t have mental health markers and you’re not pregnant or trying, you shouldn’t have any issues.
---
Day 7 on rybelsus and am only 2.6lb down. I was hoping for more by now but I do think I'm starting to suffer with constipation. I still feel tempted by wine and ate a couple of chocolates yesterday but the rest of my diet has been good. I'm just hoping I can hold it together at the weekend (the time I usually pile it back on).
It does require patience and many people don’t lose on 3mg (it’s just a dose to get your body used to the medication) so 2.6lb is a big loss in a week. And if you’re constipated your actual loss may be more than that. I would have loved 2.6lb in my first week on 3mg.

I do think you still need to be disciplined - although I was fuller than normal on 3mg I still was tempted by sweets and snacks, I just ate less of them. If you stay on the tablets you’ll find the weekends are ok. There’s only so much you can physically eat (not that much!) and that’s what makes it work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am 4 weeks off ozempic. Hoping to find a pen soon. I will have to scale back to the beginning at this stage. I'm trying to keep a very balanced approach to food. I'm enjoying it more though which is a bit dangerous for me. No cravings yet. No real sweet tooth back. Had baked potato with salad last night. Cous Cous and veg for lunch.
Have you tried health express? I had no issues getting it from there.

Anyone else suffering from insomnia? Don’t really struggle getting to sleep, even though it’s much later than usual, but seem to be wide awake from 3am. I love sleeping so much, I hope it’s a side effect that passes….

First week done and 2lbs off. Which I’m super pleased with, plus I can tell I’ve lost inches as my work trousers are looser around my stomach!!
But the best thing about having ozempic? The quietness I get from not having my brain constantly thinking about food. It’s so refreshing, and I bloody love it.
Second jab was yesterday afternoon and so far no side effects 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.