Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Notice how the brother in law has been mentioned twice as well. She knows he would confirm anything she says.

Reactions: 4
If this juror is compromised or has broken rules does this mean potentially the judge calls a mistrial and the whole thing has to be redone?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Potentially but the way it said the juror was absent and the trial will resume tomorrow made me think that wouldn’t be the case. It sounded more like the juror had had to leave for an emergency or something.

Reactions: 7
Maybe the juror’s just struggling with it psychologically and might have to be removed for medical reasons? Surely if it was a contempt of court thing they wouldn’t have randomly realised during the lunch break?

Reactions: 9
“The sister” is back on that FB group again. What does she have to gain from reading what people are saying about her sister?
It’s really odd behaviour.

Reactions: 6
Whilst this thread is not a laughing matter.... I chuckled at this, obviously everyone in the entire world is mistaken and SB is always correct!

Those highly trained professionals, all mistaken.
It’s good to have a laugh at that evil cunts expense

Reactions: 3
“The sister” is back on that FB group again. What does she have to gain from reading what people are saying about her sister?
I can kind of see why she’d want to be on there (she seriously seems to think SB is innocent and maybe she thinks she’ll run into something that’ll help her case), the one I don’t get is Jordan Hobson! What on earth’s in it for him?

10. In relation to the conduct of the trial, the trial judge may:

i) Take no action and continue the trial. If so, the judge should consider giving some explanation to the jurors to reassure them that nothing untoward has happened that need concern them.

ii) Continue the trial but, if appropriate, give a reminder to the jury, tailored to the requirements of the case, that their verdict is a decision of the whole jury as a body and that they should give and take and try to work together. It is, in every case, essential that no undue pressure is exerted on the jury.

iii) Discharge the juror(s) concerned and continue the trial if sufficient jurors remain. The minimum number required to continue is nine: Juries Act 1974, section 16(1). Consideration must be given as to what to say to the remaining jury members when one or more have been discharged and to the juror(s) on discharge. The juror(s) must be warned not to discuss the circumstances with anyone and it may be necessary to discharge the juror(s) from current jury service.

iv) Discharge the whole jury and re-list the trial. Again the jury should be warned not to discuss the circumstances with anyone. Consideration should be given to discharging them from current jury service. If the jury has been discharged and there is a danger of jury tampering in the new trial, the Crown may make an application under s.44 Criminal Justice Act 2003 at a preliminary hearing for a trial without a jury if jury protection measures would be insufficient.

v) If the judge is satisfied that jury tampering has taken place, discharge the jury and continue the trial without a jury: s.46(3) Criminal Justice Act 2003, or discharge the jury and order that a new trial take place without a jury: s.46(5) Criminal Justice Act 2003.

When I did jury duty, a juror was removed for bringing in notes to discuss during deliberation - he’d been researching online at home, and he was removed immediately. You can only go by the evidence presented in the case and he’d broken that. Sounds to me it’s more likely to be a personal issue for the juror and that’s why they’re absent.

Reactions: 10
there could be any number of reasons, when my step father was on a jury , of a drugs gang , the defendants one day waited for him in the car park and surrounded his car to try and intimidate him. He quite rightly reported this to the court usher , he had to have a meeting with the judge and both the defense and prosecution teams. The judge asked him if he wanted to continue on the trail and if he could remain objective. He said he could . However the defense team said they felt he couldn't and asked for him to be removed. The trial continued with just 11 jurors . incidentally they were still found guilty and had an additional charge of intimidating a witness was added to their list of charges. Not saying that this is what happened here. It may be something as simple as someone having an appointment this afternoon

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s really odd though, she goes from defending the family from accusations of animal abuse to threatening people to asking people why they think SB is guilty.
If my family member was on trial for something like this, I wouldn’t be making a spectacle of myself in random Facebook groups.

Reactions: 5
oh dear - it sounds to me like a juror has looked stuff up about the case. If so*, this is something the legal teams will have to agree on - whether to dismiss the juror or allow them to continue

*Edited to show it is my speculation that a juror may have looked up something in relation to the case. Alternatives could include the juror being unable to sit for the additional 2 weeks, having a personal emergency such as a bereavement or an illness that means they can no longer attend the hearing.
Or they may have been intimidated

Must be trying to correct all the mistaken people out there!

He’s very good it’s not as if can do it in short hand either to type up later on. So David Jagger if you see this well done
He needs to attend all my meetings to document what the hell gets said!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At one point they said she yanked her by her baby reins like a puppet, though I’m not sure of the distance.
My mum said I used to lift my legs up off the floor and swing round on my reins. that was when i was 2/3 though not a baby

It’s really odd though, she goes from defending the family from accusations of animal abuse to threatening people to asking people why they think SB is guilty.
If my family member was on trial for something like this, I wouldn’t be making a spectacle of myself in random Facebook groups.
I’d keep my head down and my fingers away from the keyboard if it was me

If my toddler won’t walk I say ok bye then, and fake walk away a few steps, and then go and pick him up. Situation diffused in seconds. They usually only refuse to walk when they’re tired - or as we know from this case and others - if they’re in pain 😭. I can’t imagine dragging him with reins. It sounds like Frankie couldn’t be arsed. Slow and immature at the very least. I do wonder whether she’ll take the stand. I want to hear the truth and she owes it to her daughter.

Reactions: 4
yes I think so, I don't think they would swear in another juror now so late into the trial
I appreciate it may be a short term emergency applicable to today only for the missing juror, but I was thinking back to the jury question about how to throw a punch... There is every chance KG raised this in the break and it was discovered the juror had done some research they were advised not to. Just my opinion, I'm not there, but in a past job I spent a lot of time in court so maybe I jump to the worst case scenario in a hearing because I know the stress jury misconduct causes 🙈.

I'm not sure if there were any reserve jurors present at the start who have heard all the evidence so far, but even if not it doesn't automatically mean they can't continue. The judge usually takes a decision on it and may seek representations from the respective legal teams, so that SB/FS can't base an appeal on being denied a fair trial because there was a juror less than the usual amount.

Someone asked about implications - yes there are potentially serious implications for misconduct from a juror - if you want to know more: Juror Misconduct Offences | The Crown Prosecution Service (cps.gov.uk)

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.