Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get what you mean - and agree that it shows her as appalling - but mums get stressed and can pull their children out of frustration while they are refusing to walk ( dont agree with it - but it happens and can easily be down played ).
Biting again, it’s an old school parenting view if your child bites you should bite them back. I never would !! But not Lying when I say an elder in my family gave me that advice once when my daughter bit me 😡.
The doctors again, there are times she has taken her and times she didn’t and she did seek advice from family members we heard. She could of stopped taking star to the doctors because of genuine worry about her being removed after SS involvement. It’s not right but she isn’t that smart is she.
I can’t see a way out of the dunking situation at all. I don’t think she is innocent not by a long shot, but I think her defence can talk it around but only if she doesn’t take the stand.
Which is why I don’t think she will. I hope am wrong though and she does and gets ripped apart. Just don’t see the logic in it at the moment.
I totally agree - I think they have both charges against them both as a back up in case the murder charge fails against FS. FS is more guilty of omission and failing to act when she knew her child was being abused. A jury may not want to put a murder conviction on her for that, UNLESS they consider the holding under the water was an intention to drown poor Star. I cant think of anything to defend that other than a mother letting her baby get face wet to stop them being scared of water maybe? I have a vague memory of baby swimming classes years ago saying that, but I wouldn't believe either of them if they gave that reason

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It's absolutely not funny but christ SB is thick and cocky with it. How can you dispute words in this way.

Two of my relatives are barristers, not criminal but family and Chancery. It can be both entertaining to have a debate with them and also incredibly frustrating when they turn on the barrister mode.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I totally agree - I think they have both charges against them both as a back up in case the murder charge fails against FS. FS is more guilty of omission and failing to act when she knew her child was being abused. A jury may not want to put a murder conviction on her for that, UNLESS they consider the holding under the water was an intention to drown poor Star. I cant think of anything to defend that other than a mother letting her baby get face wet to stop them being scared of water maybe? I have a vague memory of baby swimming classes years ago saying that, but I wouldn't believe either of them if they gave that reason
The baby swimming classes where you dunk them under water are at a very young age before there's some reflex that has been developed I'm sure? I did wonder if they meant the shower, holding her head under the shower even though she didn't like it. (To wash her hair?)

Reactions: 3
Before I saw any of this trial, I was of the opinion that FS and SB had colluded to abuse Star this way, but after hearing the prosecution’s case I changed my mind.

I think that SB is the main perpetrator . FS is a negligent parent but I don’t think she wanted her child to die. She had no idea how to parent Star and she was not a loving mother but I don’t believe she was able to predict the outcome of her toxic relationship with SB.

If FS was going to claim diminished responsibility wouldn’t she have done this at the time she entered her plea?

Reactions: 18
The baby swimming classes where you dunk them under water are at a very young age before there's some reflex that has been developed I'm sure? I did wonder if they meant the shower, holding her head under the shower even though she didn't like it. (To wash her hair?)
When my little boy started swimming lessons this was when he was around 14 months they dunk him under water to get him used to it, I could imagine that to be a excuse that could be used

I think as a narcissist with an anti-social personality type she is enjoying the verbal sparring with Mr Ali.

I agree with others - nothing about this hearing should make anyone smile but I do enjoy watching top barristers in action. These QC's are so brilliant because they can detach from the human suffering and focus on proving the facts that suit their client. KG is focussed on creating reasonable doubt SB intended to harm Star, ZA is focussed on that same reasonable doubt for FS but is also planting the seed for diminished responsibility and the Crown needs to show there is no doubt, to get a conviction.
They are so good at remembering little things and then bringing the same questions around in diffrent way. I can’t even remember what I said 5mins ago half the time.

When my little boy started swimming lessons this was when he was around 14 months they dunk him under water to get him used to it, I could imagine that to be a excuse that could be used
I should imagine that was done in a fun way with someone holding him. this Was done out of pure spite and wickedness

Reactions: 5
Is there any objective proof of FS harming Star beyond the dunking and finger biting? I think the dragging on the reins - Yvonne was there and didn’t seem to care, which to me demonstrates the kind of role model that Yvonne is as a mother.
I’m open to changing my view after FS has been on the stand but at the moment, my view is she was caught up in an abusive relationship and that does affect your sense of what’s right. SB regularly caused her to doubt herself and discouraged FS from seeking medical help.
The fact that SB has stood on the stand today and boasted about knowing how to give the most powerful punch, when she’s on a murder trial for death by punching, that makes me want to throw up. It is so blindingly obvious.

Reactions: 13
FS’s barrister was fairly quiet during the expert questioning but SB’s seemed to be grasping at straws.

I have a way of remembering entire conversations from years ago but that’s because I’m autistic and I have a brilliant memory for words / text (probably a compensation for having no imagination)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
ZA:
This is another example of you making things up that cannot be checked.

SB: It can be checked.

ZA: There's no record of it, we're taking your word for it, and your word isn't worth anything.

👏 👏 👏
My favourite so far I think from Mister Ali. Also, I don’t care what Paul likes 👍🏻

Is there any objective proof of FS harming Star beyond the dunking and finger biting? I think the dragging on the reins - Yvonne was there and didn’t seem to care, which to me demonstrates the kind of role model that Yvonne is as a mother.
I’m open to changing my view after FS has been on the stand but at the moment, my view is she was caught up in an abusive relationship and that does affect your sense of what’s right. SB regularly caused her to doubt herself and discouraged FS from seeking medical help.
The fact that SB has stood on the stand today and boasted about knowing how to give the most powerful punch, when she’s on a murder trial for death by punching, that makes me want to throw up. It is so blindingly obvious.
The dragging is horrible. But it’s something I’ve seen a lot from negligent parents. And it doesn’t make someone a killer. The prosecution hasn’t put forward any further information which would suggest physical violence towards Star from her mother.

I should imagine that SB managed to stir FS’s head up like a blender.

Interesting that KG didn't bring up any serious health issues for SB when she had chance, no mention of any medication that could cause anger issues, could that be one line of defence is shut down already?

Reactions: 5
Nice long lunch break they are having.. I wonder whats a miss?!

Reactions: 4
Came on to echo the above comments

Couldn't work out if it was my phone not updating the page properly or if it was an extended lunch break

Something certainly not quite right....

Indeed a delay. We await further information of who else is mistaken.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe it’s a sudden “medical issue” and she couldn’t possibly come back out to face the music.

Reactions: 1
Indeed a delay. We await further information of who else is mistaken.
Whilst this thread is not a laughing matter.... I chuckled at this, obviously everyone in the entire world is mistaken and SB is always correct!

Those highly trained professionals, all mistaken.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.