Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #16

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
a new trial that our Brad is covering for anyone interested
Thanks for this! It’s a pity our Brad isn’t covering the Lucy Letby trial. The reporting for that has been a shambles (not helped by the pauses and breaks in the trial ofc).

Reactions: 3
Thanks for this! It’s a pity our Brad isn’t covering the Lucy Letby trial. The reporting for that has been a shambles (not helped by the pauses and breaks in the trial ofc).
I gave up on that it was to hard to follow! I may try again once defence starts!

---

We are on the real Life crime and murder thread.
Can u put link on for us plz

Reactions: 2
Anyone following this?
This poor woman was an extended step relative of my husband. Not that we knew her, other than attending the same parties for our mutual family member including one only a few days prior. I didn't realise the T&A would be covering it. I'll go and catch up on it.

---

From Baildon, same area where Star Hobson had happy times with her grandparents

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Have any if you came across the baby Totu on tik tok? She reminds me so much of baby Star

• Sad
Each to their own but if a family member of mine did that, I wouldn't want to see them ever again.
David sees her as another victim of Brockhill. I don’t think I could ever forgive her myself but if she is as vulnerable as has been claimed, she’s going to need someone good on her side for when she eventually gets out.

Reactions: 18
I read that article earlier too, there was always a strong split on here between people who saw Frankie as a victim(not disputing her part in what happened) and people who didn’t see it that way.

I guess none of us really know what we would do in that situation. I certainly couldn’t say for sure what I would do if Frankie was one of my children. Her family know everything and would have seen how much she changed when she met Savannah and how vulnerable she really was as a person. Hopefully if she has some support from her grandad who seemed to be one of few good influences in her life it will help her avoid getting into another abusive relationship. I can’t imagine how the local community would react to her coming back there though. I would have thought she would need to go elsewhere.

Reactions: 11
I read that article earlier too, there was always a strong split on here between people who saw Frankie as a victim(not disputing her part in what happened) and people who didn’t see it that way.

I guess none of us really know what we would do in that situation. I certainly couldn’t say for sure what I would do if Frankie was one of my children. Her family know everything and would have seen how much she changed when she met Savannah and how vulnerable she really was as a person. Hopefully if she has some support from her grandad who seemed to be one of few good influences in her life it will help her avoid getting into another abusive relationship. I can’t imagine how the local community would react to her coming back there though. I would have thought she would need to go elsewhere.
But the thing is you can be both a victim and a perpetrator which is how I saw her. She should have protected Star, of course she should but she was a young person with an IQ of 70 being manipulated by a much older narcissist. I think the judge was right that Star was caught in the cross-fire.

Reactions: 13
It is difficult to comprehend but from what we know of David I think he’s got a heart of gold and he couldn’t just turn his back on someone who he loved and cared about like he did Frankie. Especially when he knows she’s got nobody else.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He seems like such a lovely man, Frankie is too lucky for having him in her life. I couldn’t visit her if I was in their family. One look at a bruised Star picture and I’d dislike her to the core all over again. He clearly can’t bear to cut all ties with her - I don’t think the gran feels the same surely?

Reactions: 6
I thought a lot of David initially but now? Standing by someone who treated their own baby so cruelly (videoing her in the chair & laughing at her, dragging her along when she couldn't walk, going through with the punishments of standing facing walls at such a young age, etc) as well as seeing your child come back with such obvious and horrific bruising and doing nothing but continue to let the person in question watch your child..... I've lost a lot of respect for him supporting her so openly.
And no I don't give a damn re the low IQ.
She had family and friends she could have told to help her leave an abusive partner, no it's not easy but as a mother you'd do anything for your child no matter what risk it put you under youd give your life for them. Plenty of vulnerable mothers out there and ones with low IQs and learning difficulties or severe disabilities who still do a wonderful job. My thoughts are solely with Star. If you don't agree that's fine but I won't change my mind, that little girl deserved so so much better.
I know she's family but I know I wouldn't be that forgiving. What Star went through was utterly brutal.

I thought a lot of David initially but now? Standing by someone who treated their own baby so cruelly (videoing her in the chair & laughing at her, dragging her along when she couldn't walk, going through with the punishments of standing facing walls at such a young age, etc) as well as seeing your child come back with such obvious and horrific bruising and doing nothing but continue to let the person in question watch your child..... I've lost a lot of respect for him supporting her so openly.
And no I don't give a damn re the low IQ.
She had family and friends she could have told to help her leave an abusive partner, no it's not easy but as a mother you'd do anything for your child no matter what risk it put you under youd give your life for them. Plenty of vulnerable mothers out there and ones with low IQs and learning difficulties or severe disabilities who still do a wonderful job. My thoughts are solely with Star. If you don't agree that's fine but I won't change my mind, that little girl deserved so so much better.
I know she's family but I know I wouldn't be that forgiving. What Star went through was utterly brutal.
Nobody’s trying to change your mind. If that’s what he wants to do then that’s up to him and the rest of her family if they feel the same (though I don’t think they all do). They know Frankie better than any of us, if they can’t walk away from her then that’s none of our business. Nobody here has disputed what Frankie has done. These threads have been made with Star at the heart of them throughout. She hasn’t been just an afterthought to any of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can say that I would be there for my daughter. I would be ashamed , disgusted and never treat her the same but also part of me would feel I must have done something to make her like that. Failed her.
I think he is a good kind man.

Reactions: 16
Nobody’s trying to change your mind. If that’s what he wants to do then that’s up to him and the rest of her family if they feel the same (though I don’t think they all do). They know Frankie better than any of us, if they can’t walk away from her then that’s none of our business. Nobody here has disputed what Frankie has done. These threads have been made with Star at the heart of them throughout. She hasn’t been just an afterthought to any of us.
And I've been a part of these threads the whole way through so I know she isn't anyone's afterthought! I didn't say anyones opinions were wrong, I just stated mine, and I fully believe everyone on here cares a lot about that poor little girl. I was not saying otherwise. Just stating that I myself don't have sympathy for Frankie. Which is why I said my thoughts are solely with Star, because I don't personally feel for Frankie. But if others do that's absolutely fine.
And nope it isn't our business but we can say how we feel if Its splashed all over the news/media.
Agree to disagree I guess.