Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tots

VIP Member
Hopefully it doubles. 8 years for allowing the death of one’s own child just isn’t enough.

John Venables was also young and easily led and he certainly doesn’t deserve sympathy.

Regardless of mental capacity she deserves alot longer. She could have got away but thought with her fanny instead of thinking about her child to put it bluntly.
but John Venables was complicit in the kidnapping and Murder of poor little Jamie Bulger on an equal scale with Robert.

Frankie was clearly not the best mum but she didn’t murder her child and the fact her daughter is dead is a huge punishment that she will always have to live with.

Reactions: 15

LittleMy

VIP Member
I thought a lot of David initially but now? Standing by someone who treated their own baby so cruelly (videoing her in the chair & laughing at her, dragging her along when she couldn't walk, going through with the punishments of standing facing walls at such a young age, etc) as well as seeing your child come back with such obvious and horrific bruising and doing nothing but continue to let the person in question watch your child..... I've lost a lot of respect for him supporting her so openly.
And no I don't give a damn re the low IQ.
She had family and friends she could have told to help her leave an abusive partner, no it's not easy but as a mother you'd do anything for your child no matter what risk it put you under youd give your life for them. Plenty of vulnerable mothers out there and ones with low IQs and learning difficulties or severe disabilities who still do a wonderful job. My thoughts are solely with Star. If you don't agree that's fine but I won't change my mind, that little girl deserved so so much better.
I know she's family but I know I wouldn't be that forgiving. What Star went through was utterly brutal.
Nobody’s trying to change your mind. If that’s what he wants to do then that’s up to him and the rest of her family if they feel the same (though I don’t think they all do). They know Frankie better than any of us, if they can’t walk away from her then that’s none of our business. Nobody here has disputed what Frankie has done. These threads have been made with Star at the heart of them throughout. She hasn’t been just an afterthought to any of us.

• Heart

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Imagine thinking that the views of a murdered toddler's family are irrelevant, whilst commenting and complaining about the sentence yourself 🤔

Nothing annoys me more then when people come on and say she weren’t in a DV relationship when it’s pretty clear she was. It’s always ‘she could of left, she weren’t scared because she argued back’ do people not know how these relationships work? so many people have came on here and been really brave and told their stories of their own experiences, seeing people post that it’s easy and they could of just left is such a insult to these people.

• Heart
  • Haha

justheretoread99

VIP Member
I’m calm, but I’m allowed to respond, just as you all have given your opinions I am entitled to my own. A baby being murdered in such a horrendous way IS outrageous, sorry for feeling that way! 8 years is a joke, sorry my bad 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Laws have been enacted and changed in children’s names before it’s not a foreign concept.
Just because we believe FS didn’t murder Star, doesn’t mean we are not outraged. Of course you are entitled to an opinion, absolutely everyone on this thread is. Maybe word your posts as “In my opinion Star died as a result of FS actions” and not insinuate our legal system is incorrect.

Reactions: 14

marypoppins21

I think a lot of us on here invested a lot of emotional energy into this case. Looking back it was so intensive. This thread was absolutely fantastic (if that’s what you could call it) for a grown up debate. So Brockhill had a history of domestic violence. I’m sure we all thought that but now it’s there in black & white! What a bloody shit storm! A child dead 😢 Mary Kate & Ashley must of known this, the whole family are scum.

How can this be true she was sat on her knee in hospital. At asda together the day of the arrest. They remained in a relationship I don't buy it
She was controlled, naive & vulnerable! Not to mention lost her daughter she will have been functioning whilst trying to process stuff. Frankie was cruel & neglectful but Brockhill had her under her spell & was playing ring master

• Sad
RIP Ava Grace Nolan
9 days old. 'Parents found guilty of causing or allowing death.

I don't understand why joint enterprise can't be applied to these cases.

9 days. It seems there's one every day at the moment.

• Sad

avabella

VIP Member
I think Star's case is one which has truly affected me more than I realise. The circumstances which seemed so glaringly obvious to an outsider but were missed/overlooked by so many people. And an innocent baby could have been saved.

I think the sheer depravity of *how* and *how often* she was hurt has been one of the most awful things I've read about in my life.

• Heart
  • Sad

Milktray

VIP Member
It’s called felony murder… look it up! That’s all I’m saying & responding too. Now carry on… 😳
Felonies were abolished in UK law. This was a tried in a Crown Court using the very best QCs.
There was very little evidence to convict FS of murder even the prosecution admitted that.
Yes, FS was cruel. No one on here ever denied that. She allowed Stars death and was convicted of it.

All is rosy

SB's family are obvious braggers. Why even say about the £9000 Rolex watches. Why even say about her making £8000 month and what he the Dad had spent on their fur coats. Are we meant to be impressed! It's obvious that when SB says things are okay for her in prison, ensuite, view from her cell etc...it s all bravado. She's lost her freedom, she's lost good times with her family, but she'll never show her true feelings over being locked up for 25 years. I didn't like to see the photo of Star with her head pressed against SB, hand on SB's face. I remember reading once that abused children will often try to show the abuser affection as a means to try and stop the abuse. I see that in this picture. There's a red mark on Star's neck in that pic too. I don't know why the reporter didn't question the family about the CCTV, the picture of that massive bruise on Star's face. So many questions could have been asked.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
Merry Christmas everyone ❤

Such a bittersweet time for many, but especially Star’s loving family members who will be missing her. Poor little soul should be at home, cosy and excited and most of all safe, waking up to see that Santa’s been. I’ll be holding my children a bit tighter before they go to bed tonight.

• Heart

rainbowtapirs

Chatty Member
All I’m saying was her daughter died bc of her actions to me that’s murder. Star wouldn’t have died if FS didn’t put her in that situation or even did something to prevent it.
But it’s not the actual definition of murder, whether you think it is or not. It’s completely true that FS didn’t do enough/anything to prevent her death, which is why it’s been legally determined that she allowed Star to die, hence why she’s in prison.

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I just also read this on the BBC website;

‘The Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel found Brockhill had a history of domestic abuse with a previous partner and was subject to a restraining order in 2015. But no checks were carried out by social services.’

Social services are responsible for what happened to Star. They could easily have done a few background checks and connected the dots about what a danger Brockhill was. They did absolutely nothing.

It’s quite difficult to get a restraining order against anyone.

And usually there has to be proof of physical harm.

• Sad

AdelesEarring

Chatty Member
Might be a controversial opinion - know opinion on Frankie Smith is divided - but reading the below I wonder if prison is the best option for Frankie Smith as someone who was clearly vulnerable. I think she could have been / can be rehabilitated with counselling and the right support around her but fear for her given the women she is with inside and the comments here that she is a target in prison. I imagine DF will be worried for her too and what he says about her being normal before she met SB underlines that. I know there was never a consensus on here about how much she knew of the abuse, her role in it and her clarity of mind at that point, but still

I struggle with the newspaper articles that refer to FS as ‘evil’. I don’t think the evidence shows that even though she was a bad parent. I feel that people should be rehabilitated where possible.

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Made me laugh, cheers 🥂
I remember a lot of people feeling sorry for FS when the details of the abuse toward her from SB came out in the court and someone saying the mother in them just wanted to give her a cuddle, when the previous day everyone was in uproar over her neglect and things she had been accused of doing. I think that’s normal human feeling, you can feel sad for someone while not loosing sight of the fact that a life had been lost as result of their actions.

I’ve said myself that I think FS sentence was enough, only because I think she can be rehabilitated. She’s many things but not evil my eyes however I wouldn’t like to see her go on to have any more children. I accept that people think otherwise and would like to see her get added time, if that makes me a fan then…sure 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly that!

If I just saw a headline right now that stated: 16-month-old murdered whilst in the care of mother and her partner I’d automatically think “Oh my god how horrific, evil b*stards both deserve to rot in hell” or something along those lines.

But after reading “Da TrAnScRiPtZz” and doing my own social media research into FS/SB/most of the family tree, and upon learning of FS home life, childhood and the abuse and treatment she received from SB, my eyes were opened.

I think I’ve explained the below about 4/5 times previously on these threads but just want to reiterate

FS clearly lacks emotional intelligence, she was an incompetent and neglectful mother. She sadly saw Star as an accessory and even admitted on the stand she loved her “more like a sister”. In the final days of Star’s life, FS was cruel beyond belief. I also agree with the sentence. She 100% deserves to be in that prison.

However, she was also a victim of SB. Physical violence, emotional and mental abuse. I feel sad for her and empathy for her that she endured that abuse and ultimately resulted in losing her daughter in the most horrific circumstances.

Which doesn’t and should never excuse her behaviour and treatment towards her daughter. & I am in no means in any rush to arse lick or sign up to any fan club.

Obviously I feel more sadness for Star. Im not religious but I really hope that there is an afterlife. I hope she is at peace. She was unfortunately dealt the worst set of cards for her short life.

Was just an absolute tragic case all round.

• Heart
John Venables was also young and easily led and he certainly doesn’t deserve sympathy.

Regardless of mental capacity she deserves alot longer. She could have got away but thought with her fanny instead of thinking about her child to put it bluntly.
[/QUOTE]
I would never ever compare what Jon Venables did to what Frankie did, both 2 completely different scenarios given the fact he’s also locked up for child images. She did wrong everyone here has said that but she weren’t a murderer and she’s lost her daughter, if the family are happy with the sentencing for her it should of been left at that

ariessleuth322

Just got done reading pages & pages & pages of the trial. That wasn’t easy & I feel physically ill thinking of what poor Star went through. Screw that Trusting Evil page. You have to be disturbed to try and use a child’s death for followers. It’s one thing to cover it a few times but damn let it go. Once you keep going on it’s no longer about bringing a voice to the innocent victims