Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Its_Me

VIP Member
It is difficult to comprehend but from what we know of David I think he’s got a heart of gold and he couldn’t just turn his back on someone who he loved and cared about like he did Frankie. Especially when he knows she’s got nobody else.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

thaliamay

Chatty Member
I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions re David being unemotional.... I think he has probably spent many a day crying to himself behind closed doors but then somehow puts on a brave face to see justice being done for Star. He clearly adored her, and I don't think just because he can speak clearly to reporters, that means he is detached or anything - remember he and other family members had to witness truly awful details re stars injuries etc, unthinkable.
how are you supposed to react? Someone will critisize your reactions no matter what you do. None of us know how we'd react to our beloved family member being assaulted so horribly leading to death... We are lucky.

Re in court, maybe it was a day Brad stepped in these things happened? I just can't see David exaggerating the truth. Just my opinion.

• Heart

Milktray

VIP Member
These two were a match made in hell. I never got the rationale of her being too thick to be evil! these judges...I can't. She'll still be so young when she gets out...frightening.
I do think there was/is a grey area. Nobody thought FS was innocent but people wanted to see justice served. It was blatantly obvious that SB was the one who murdered Star and she needed to get the full sentence for that.

FS allowed it and deserves to be punished for it. She didn't get convicted for murder and so her sentencing will never reflect that - so yes, she will still be young when she is released.

The grey area was that there was little evidence on FS part, in general. Yes, we've seen acts of cruelty but that's not what she was charged with.

The original sentencing judge put too much weight on the mitigating factors and not enough on the aggravating factors. Her sentence really won't be increased by too much and will now be spending, at least some, of her time in a YOI. I do think that's a better outcome and Star gets her justice.

rosesviolets

Might be a controversial opinion - know opinion on Frankie Smith is divided - but reading the below I wonder if prison is the best option for Frankie Smith as someone who was clearly vulnerable. I think she could have been / can be rehabilitated with counselling and the right support around her but fear for her given the women she is with inside and the comments here that she is a target in prison. I imagine DF will be worried for her too and what he says about her being normal before she met SB underlines that. I know there was never a consensus on here about how much she knew of the abuse, her role in it and her clarity of mind at that point, but still

The law of the land applies equally to all citizens apart from a few exceptions such as insanity. So it would be dangerous to start an arbitrary differentiation between people convicted of crimes. Who would make such a decision, the judge? That would give judges too much power. It would be challenged to high heaven. It would also be very subjective to pick who should serve prison sentences and who should not based on needs, intelligence, abuse, vulnerability etc. All these variables will have different degrees of severity so where would you draw the line between those who go to prison and those who don’t? It would be impossible to implement.

Besides, what message would it send to those who commit crimes, if I can show in court I suffered from DV or am vulnerable etc then I can commit crimes and not go to jail. The ramifications for society of such an approach would be disastrous.

Tofino

VIP Member
I know this thread is not very active anymore but I just wanted to share with anyone still reading that last night and tonight there has been a 2-part 24hrs in police custody following the investigation of an 11 week old baby boy who died. It’s really horrific in terms of what happened to him so watch with caution, however I have found the police interviews extremely fascinating particularly as the mum is in complete denial about the domestic abuse she was a victim of. There is some explanation of why she could end up charged with causing or allowing the death of her baby and how they try to avoid it by giving her chances to disclose the abuse. But it’s so alarming to see someone in such denial, I think she genuinely believed he wasn’t controlling or did the abusive things. It’s so sad how people (and mostly women) end up in these situations and I just wish there was more that could be done to protect them even if they can’t see it themselves.

Anyway I really thought of Frankie watching it so thought I’d share here in case anyone is interested.

• Sad

Tots

VIP Member
I really hope she doesn’t get any more jail time. I appreciate not everyone will agree with me but she was young, easily led, gullible, naive, abused herself, isolated from her family. I think she believed savannah’s suggestion that the cheek bruise was from where she’d fallen from the bed in front of Frankie and Alicia I think. I don’t think she did genuinely know what savannah was doing.

As someone else said, Lucci got no jail time despite the fact her eldest child told police about violence in front of them and towards them that she would have known about.

• Heart

Jimmh1234

in that article anyone read this interesting part alicia mentions that didnt come up in the trial:

This is a transcript of the Snapchat conversation sent to police:

SISTER: "I've just seen Frankie slap her across the face. X"

ALICIA: "OMG"

SISTER "I'm fuming x"

ALICIA: "Tell nana x"

SISTER: "K x"

ALICIA: "Something bad is going to happen. Why did she hit her?"

SISTER: "Coz she was playing with her shoe."

Kinda puts into perspective yet again how compliant in the violence FS was and how much she lied in regards to "never hurting her baby"

• Sad
  • Sick

Terflife

What happens in prison at Christmas? Do they get gifts , is jail decorated etc?
every prison is different. In one prison we had a tree on the wing, we had our photos taken in our cell or on the wing in front of the tree, which we paid a small price for & kept or sent out to family or friends. We even got a small bag of presents, (a big chocolate bar, shower foam, coffee, hot chocolate, sweets etc)
which was nice as there was a bag each for over 300 Women & teenage girls)
We made out own decorations, sang songs, had Xmas meal, played bingo, and won prizes.
in a different prison we did all that minus the gift bag.
x.

Hi girls. Not sure if you're interested, but this is the kind of food you get inside.
It's on a 4 week cycle, so there's a lot more to choose from. This is just 1 week of week 2in a cycle.
X.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

Nurseali

VIP Member
I can say that I would be there for my daughter. I would be ashamed , disgusted and never treat her the same but also part of me would feel I must have done something to make her like that. Failed her.
I think he is a good kind man.

AdelesEarring

Chatty Member
What has happened in the past 24h?! I saw a post from STrawberrySeed last night which now seems to be gone...is it to do with that?
you wouldn’t believe my shock when I bloody opened Tattle to see a large picture of my face combined with vitriol and bile. In the midst of my insomnia I wondered if I was actually hallucinating 🤪

Now im confused, What did I miss ? :)
Im sure i caught up with all post this morning
they got deleted.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

avabella

VIP Member
I have a question for you all as we know FS and SB sentences have been referred to the Attorney General, we know they could go up but could they go down?
I think it’s highly unlikely they’ll change at all. The trial was extremely thorough and the Judge is well respected. I think her sentencing was fair

justheretoread99

VIP Member
can I ask what’s wrong with the Justice for Star page?
Some family members may find it comforting seeing pictures of Star but there are some oddballs on that group. Complete strangers to the family editing pictures of Star, (Star with angel wings on, Star with Father Christmas etc). Some people printed off pictures of Star, put them in frames and some stuck them on top of their own Christmas trees. Some people took videos of their own kids and toddlers talking to Star, someone typed out the whole “Baby Shark” song but changed some of the lyrics and posted “Baby Star doo doo doo”. And much more.

Obviously I can’t speak for the family, but if that group was about one of my own family members I’d be furious and quite simply weirded out.

It turned into a deranged competition of who could post the most sparkliest edited picture of Star, who could make the best video compilation of her, who could make the best poem about her. Completely driven on likes and comments. Pure grief tourism.

It would have been better if the group just had comforting messages of condolences to David, Anita, Alicia etc. But it turned into a complete circus.

• Wow

Droosie123

VIP Member
Its worrying to think that Frankie could have another child when she gets out...I don't know, maybe she'll manage to grow a lot in prison so that she can do better, but still.

Were there ever any updates on the dad and what he did with the money? Tbh I did think it was a bit odd that he didn't seem that involved with Star. Surely if you knew you were having a kid, you would've transferred to a uni closer to home or swapped to Open Uni if you were that bothered about seeing your kid?
Frankie won't be allowed to keep any future children, she's already proved she can't keep a child safe.
I do hope she gets some help in prison though.
Unfortunately I think Savannah is probably not someone that can be helped. She clearly has some kind of personality disorder..

Reactions: 15

AdelesEarring

Chatty Member
What was it they wrote about you, as in, what reason did they give for their grievance to you, was it your opinions or comments on the thread what was mentioned 🤔
I'd be shaken up too if that happened to me. Bloody unnecessary.
It was nasty comments about my appearance mainly. But also accusing me of thinking I’m a superior parent and also there was a comment about me attacking David F, which I never did. And a comment about me attacking FS. I think people can see that I have had a lot of empathy for FS 🤷🏻‍♀️

We’ve all been over this for months, some people agree she’s a victim herself me being one of them and some people thinking she deserves to rot. If a judge gives her 8 years who are we to say it’s not right, people there witnessed every message, every picture, every statement and everything else and they decided that was enough for her. She was cruel, we all know that, she didn’t have a motherly instinct and said herself she loved Star like a sister. Not everyone is capable of being a mother and that’s exactly how to describe Frankie, she should of had the help from the very beginning with Star and from the very beginning of her life for herself, she was failed massively as was Star.

Adcs813

In this video David states that SB was shouting things at FS in the dock. Strange that Dave Jagger seems to be saying that didn't happen.

• Sad
  • Wow