Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad that evil ‘mother’ has been found guilty too. Being a bleeping idiot isn’t a defence to murder.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I think it was the correct verdict. I am sure Frankie knew that Star could be harmed by SB, although I don't think she knew how to prevent it, so for me, that's guilt but there are mitigating circumstances. I have a great deal of empathy for Frankie and must admit there were tears in my eyes when she was found guilty and she got so emotional.

SB, as far as I'm concerned, throw away the key and let her rot. She knew exactly what she was doing.

One thing that has bothered me greatly throughout the whole trial is the perception of Frankie's family and in particular YS. I don't think she is anywhere near as bad as she has been portrayed. Yes, she may well have been out every weekend drinking, but she had just come out of an abusive relationship herself, she needed an outlet and she had no idea about the level of abuse toward Star. I don't think Frankie's upbringing would have been all that chaotic, no more so than many families around her. I think a lot of the narrative around the family has come from SBs family stirring the pot, trying to make them look bad.

Reactions: 12
Whether she will get the maximum sentence as apparently the Bill was being worked on as a matter of "urgency".
So that’s what I meant by my reply. It isn’t in place yet, it won’t be used for Savanna. I honestly highly doubt it will actually be put in place.

Reactions: 6
I’ve put sky news on and they’re just banging on about bloody covid? Same on BBC News. Where are people watching coverage on the case?

Reactions: 1
What I don’t get is if professionals who definitely know about patterns of non accidental bruising bought the story of Star falling, how can we know for sure that FS knew it was non accidental. Obviously the jury think she knew but I can’t make sense of that personally.

Reactions: 16
I have just watched the video of David on Sky news, its the first time i have heard him. That poor man, him and Anita i feel absolutely heartbroken for.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think FS has got off lightly and should at least get the maximum sentence for allowing her death.

Reactions: 8
What I don’t get is if professionals who definitely know about patterns of non accidental bruising bought the story of Star falling, how can we know for sure that FS knew it was non accidental. Obviously the jury think she knew but I can’t make sense of that personally.
I personally think that anyone who had to work in the community was looking for reasons not to engage with anyone face to face.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Very shocking that social services visited (5th time of contact) and saw a lot of bruises and still closed the case. Not good at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.