Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elikayute

Chatty Member
D5A21DD6-D20F-47F3-9098-5006D4BA20B6.jpeg
Oh my god
Okay. That makes more sense. Jesus. How the hell have social services not stepped in here.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

nichew

VIP Member
Taking a moment to thank The Crown especially Alister McDonald for being Stars voice. All the Drs police and everyone else involved in getting this baby justice. And also Mr Ali for just being Mr Ali.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
Mary-Kate’s spelling is atrocious I could barely made ‘scents’ of that word salad.

Your sister is a murderer, deal with it hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

LittleMy

VIP Member
You know the drill:

TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’ve been following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

A verdict was reached this morning of Tuesday 14th December. Day 38 of the trial.

Savanna Brockhill has been found guilty of the murder of Star Hobson.

Frankie Smith, Star’s mother, has been found guilty of causing or allowing the death of a child.

Sentencing is at 2pm on Wednesday 15th December.

May you rest in peace, Star ⭐

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

elikayute

Chatty Member
I’m also grateful to Kath Goddard for giving Savanna a thorough defence so that she can’t appeal the verdict or sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
"We were just a quiet, lovely family and she ascended from the bowels of hell and just completely devastated and wrecked our family." David Fawcett

This is so true. I think this is why it has affected us all so much. It could happen to anyone. My ex H is an abuser and he infiltrated my life and thinking so completely I was left unable to choose if I wanted tea or coffee the day after physical assaults (of which there were many). My IQ is above average and it happened to me. Walk a mile...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Philhx1

Oh my god
Okay. That makes more sense. Jesus. How the hell have social services not stepped in here.
Hello folks

long time lurker here and this will probably be my 1st and only post

I have 4 sons. The eldest is 29 and the youngest is 21.

I have seen every kind of bump and bruise you can imagine, from broken legs and black eyes at rugby to bruising from full contact karate fights.

I'm 48 and a bit of lads lad, not squeemish at all. When my kids were kids and one of them had a tumble i was the 'oh get up and stop making a fuss' type Dad. Unless something was obvious. Like when one of my lads was 5 and he slipped and banged his head on the toilet splitting his eye open.

The picture of this bruise makes me feel physically sick. If anyone in authority has seen this picture prior to Stars death then heads need to roll. This is NOT a small bump. This is NOT something that should have been over looked. This death was avoidable and people should be paying the price for not doing their jobs.

I havn't cried since my nan died a long time ago. I cried today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m honestly surprised we’ve managed to get through this trial without the thread being locked. Thanks to everyone for managing to keep their composure and being as respectful as possible - it’s not easy when emotions are all over the place. 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I’m a tad taken aback by the wave of sympathy on FB for Frankie (there’s plenty of extreme hate too but like extreme “hang her” hate)

regardless of her own issues, she still treated Star like absolute shit. Dumped her with anyone, barely took an interest, screamed and shouted at her. I just can’t find it in myself to feel sorry for her. Understand why she did some of the things, yes. But sympathy? No chance. I’ll reserve that for the family who cared for that poor baby

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
If i seen my sons face like that, I would be straight to the hospital. The difference is, I’m not of low iq, I’m not in a domestic violence relationship, I’m not being controlled, I’m not vulnerable and besotted by a older woman who’s clever and is amazing with children (in her own words) who is telling her what caused the bruises knowing she’ll believe her and think she’s fine, I’m not being kept from people who care about me that can see what’s happening is wrong and can step in.
Well said.

I am going to stick my head above the parapit here - I still have a lot of sympathy for FS. I do not believe she is evil, I do not believe she ever could have thought something so horrific would happen. I believe she felt as I once did, as I have said before - "this is my life, this is how it is, this is how I have to exist". I would not have dared question my abuser if he had told me not to do something - even if that thing was to take a child to hospital. I cannot stress this enough - YOU ARE NOT A RATIONAL, FUNCTIONING HUMAN BEING WHEN YOU ARE IN THE CLUTCH OF AN ABUSER.

• Heart

elikayute

Chatty Member
I know it’s mean to laugh but there’s so many “fly high angles” on Facebook I’m imagining a sky full of protractors 😄

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Remember folks, everyone is entitled to their view - not everyone will have empathy for Frankie just as not everyone will condemn her. There is no right or wrong way to feel, but let’s be respectful of each other and agree to disagree, eh?

Emotions are high right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
I was one of those people nearer the end of all the evidence who felt like FS should be acquitted of her charges. I didn’t think she should walk away completely free and thought a charge of child cruelty and neglect would be more appropriate. However, since seeing the bruises I am not at all surprised or against her being found guilty of allowing. I never thought her a murderer though! So I would have been frustrated had that been their verdict. I completely respect the jury’s decision.

However, I still think it.is important to understand the hows and whys, of why FS came to the choices she did. I still don’t believe she was fully capable of stepping up and saving her child regardless, she failed massively but the main guilt does and always will lay with Brockhill. You could also argue stars extended family and community didn’t do enough, it’s all very well calling SS. But why not the police? Why did they down play their worries (not David and Anita), but others. They stated their was no domestic abuse or worries in the relationship. Hindsight is obviously a beautiful thing and everyone will feel guilt in all this, non of them will feel they did enough. I’m sorry but if one of my nieces had bruises to that extent I’d walk into my sister’s houses and take them and deal with the consequences later. Equally, Jordan at any point he could have rocked up and taken Star, he is on the birth certificate he has just as much parental rights. But he didn’t, he made a quick phone call and left it at that. I’d say he failed Star just as much as Frankie he makes my blood boil !

• Heart
Reactions: 34

aliyah_ess

After seeing the actual photos of the bruising on Star all my sympathy for Frankie has vanished.
how HOW could she not have known?
theyre not small explainable bruises.
That poor poor baby 💔

as a mother you have ONE job and that’s to protect your child. From anything. That’s not a graze, that’s not a small bruise you get bumping on a table, bed, gearstick. That’s fucking horrific.

I’m a private person and I respect people’s privacy too but if I walked past a babyoutside that had a bruise like that I’d be asking questions to whoever the baby was with because thats clearly not normal or accidental.
She didn’t just fail her baby, she genuinely ALLOWED this 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 33

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
I think FS has got off lightly and should at least get the maximum sentence for allowing her death.
So you wanted her done for murder/manslaughter even though there was no evidence to say FS did it?

Because that makes total sense, right?

Edit: just seen who I’m replying to🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
'She's just a bit floppy now' :-( she was fucking bleeding to death internally you psycho.

Sorry for the language. We have called Brockhill a monster on here but she really was inherently evil.

• Sad

elikayute

Chatty Member
Wow I can see what McDonald meant about Brockhill being so calm like she was ordering a pizza. Talk about getting her story in early. No urgency of what to do. She didn’t even ask for an ambulance did she?

• Sad