Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t get is if professionals who definitely know about patterns of non accidental bruising bought the story of Star falling, how can we know for sure that FS knew it was non accidental. Obviously the jury think she knew but I can’t make sense of that personally.
I think it’s just because those professionals are somewhat useless - five unqualified people managed to work out it was suspicious. There’s also the multiple lip injuries where FS was present for at least one (dr’s didn’t think it was accidental), plus the fractured leg she would’ve also learned was non-accidental if she did the bare minimum and took her child to see a doctor. Parts of the puzzle piece professionals might have needed were absent due to FS not doing what a good parent would do.

Reactions: 5
I’ve been avoiding the news because of all the Omicron shite, but I had to put it on for this. It’s a bit surreal to see and hear the things we’ve been reading about every day for the last 8 weeks on TV.

Reactions: 17
DCI Mark Smith made a statement outside the court. The family welcome the verdicts and ask for privacy.

Reactions: 8
I had to hold back tears reading Frankie’s verdict, and seeing her mugshot just made it more real. I don’t know why I feel so sorry for her, she obviously did allow the death of her child be it knowing or unknowingly (I’d go for the latter, I think) but that’s something that will now live with her and her family for the rest of their lives. I sincerely hope she gets the rehabilitation and support that she needs throughout and coming out of prison. She just looks so young and naive. Knowing her partner murdered her baby. Good god. You just can’t even fathom can you.

Rest in peace darling Star ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
DCI Mark Smith made a statement outside the court. The family welcome the verdicts and ask for privacy.
See this doesn't compute with me. You can't ask for Privacy having already done an interview with Sky and posted on a site with 20,000 + members. If you want privacy, you take your family and go away.

Reactions: 18
I think FS has got off lightly and should at least get the maximum sentence for allowing her death.
So you wanted her done for murder/manslaughter even though there was no evidence to say FS did it?

Because that makes total sense, right?

Edit: just seen who I’m replying to🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just caught the verdict whilst on lunch. SB verdict was a no brainer.. I have to say the jury has done amazingly that must of been so hard for them

Reactions: 11
Very shocking that social services visited (5th time of contact) and saw a lot of bruises and still closed the case. Not good at all.
I cant get my head around that at all, and i am a social worker too (along with some other people in here).
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but i cant get my head around this. I just watched David in the sky news video, and heard him explaining his experience with SS and it shocked me.
There needs to be something done, i dont know what although i wish i did have the answers. I previously commented about my opinion on the system and the changes i feel need to made from the ground up- starting with the education and training of social workers. I believe the social work team managers need to also be held accountable as they are ultimately the people who sign off everything. I just feel so sad, and so angry, and the death of Star could have been avoided. It is heartbreaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
As far as I’m concerned either:
1. You’re too thick to understand that mistreating your child is wrong or
2. You know that mistreating your child is wrong even though you’re thick.
The fact that FS was clever enough to get away with as much as she did leads ne to suspect its 2.
She should have got a far heavier punishment.

Reactions: 15
See this doesn't compute with me. You can't ask for Privacy having already done an interview with Sky and posted on a site with 20,000 + members. If you want privacy, you take your family and go away.
Does he perhaps mean he doesn’t want to be hounded by journalists on his doorstep. I think that’s reasonable tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
As far as I’m concerned either:
1. You’re too thick to understand that mistreating your child is wrong or
2. You know that mistreating your child is wrong even though you’re thick.
The fact that FS was clever enough to get away with as much as she did leads ne to suspect its 2.
She should have got a far heavier punishment.
She literally wasn’t clever though was she. Literally not clever.

God the facebook groups are out in full force today, everyone throwing in that Frankie is a murderer and needs to be killed. Sick of these people 🤯

Reactions: 7
I cant get my head around that at all, and i am a social worker too (along with some other people in here).
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but i cant get my head around this. I just watched David in the sky news video, and heard him explaining his experience with SS and it shocked me.
There needs to be something done, i dont know what although i wish i did have the answers. I previously commented about my opinion on the system and the changes i feel need to made from the ground up- starting with the education and training of social workers. I believe the social work team managers need to also be held accountable as they are ultimately the people who sign off everything. I just feel so sad, and so angry, and the death of Star could have been avoided. It is heartbreaking.
yes I remember your posts, I agree completely with everything you said. They need a lot of investment and a lot of improvement and changes because it’s not good enough as it stands and it’s not the fault of social workers when you look at the bigger picture. But in this instance, it wasn’t just one person raising concerns, there were a few. They’ve witnessed bruising and just said ok that’s malicious, nothing to see here, case closed. It’s not good enough for the friends and families that reported their concerns, to be categorised as trouble causers and then for this to happen must cause them untold pain and it’s needs looking into as a minimum.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.