Sarah’s Day #37 Kurt’s probably wishing he’d swiped the other way, but he stays for Sarah's pay day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way they could’ve protected this kid from speculation and protected him from labels, would’ve been to shut the duck up and say absolutely nothing about it. I get that she was sad, but you can be sad in private. Already monetising videos, baiting, half saying things, letting everyone know that he has some abnormalities... all because she can’t keep tit to herself in order to protect him. I for one am not going to speculate but it’s not thanks to his mum

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Not going to watch the video as you all summarised it well enough!

Why would she think haters would have a field day?! Does she confuse our anger over her baiting/exposing her child/not disclosing ads/ and lying every chance she gets, as people who would wish harm on an unborn child?! Sezzy is bad one here to think so little of people.

I think she has caught herself in a web as her new phase in life is wholesome Christian mother, so a termination doesn't sit right in that world. And that is where the hate would come in. I don't believe the doc would tell her to terminate, but as others have said it could have been a possibility if there were dangers to mother to carry to term! Sezzy is not the brightest one out there, and so if she was alone in this meeting, chances are she might not have understood everything that was being said and so we are getting the Sezzy version of the conversation! Hence all the googling to fill in the blanks of what she didn't understand, along with "Can a Christian abort a child with a disability?"

Absolutely agree that no way in hell would a doc suggest sharing on your channels to increase awareness! This I believe she has concocted in her head as she had already decided she would do that!

But it does at least sound as though they were seeking advice, help, support from people in their Church etc and not just random people on Instagram! Yes you can pray over someone with no details, but having people who know the situation is a lot more of a support!

It just seems so sad that from all that has gone on, she has not bonded with her unborn child yet, she has put up a wall as it will go against her perfect family image. All this I take from her lack of announcement, gender reveal and hating her body with how it is changing! Is she blaming a child with an abnormality for making her body bigger than she was with perfect Fox?!? All surmising, no one knows what is going on in Sezzy's head! But she is just not connecting with this pregnancy in the same way and I do hope that she gets the support needed to work through this!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think it’s a “Sarah issue” rather than a Kurt issue because it seems as though he put the decision on her on whether they were keeping the baby. She did all the research and had all the conversations. He seemed very “it’s up to you” and that it’s up to the “female” to decide. Don’t think he has a clue

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
1. We guessed it, NIPT issue - we can all guess but ultimately, it won't matter
2. A doctor would suggest that termination is an option. A patient may ask us what we would do in their scenario, and we are allowed to give our opinion. In some less-than-compatible-with-life conditions, we may even suggest termination. So it's not that weird for her to say... But a little nuance was lost
3. They did pretty well honestly, talking generally and being concise
4. No clue why it's a Sarah only issue not a Kurt issue
5. I don't think it's that farfetched that a doctor told her she could utilise her channel to talk about the genetic issue... Odd but not farfetched
6. Definitely think they filmed last night
7. What happened to the vlog? That was just the sit down part... Was it too long?
8. They're already treating this child differently, which is sad, but I also want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say covid is happening so I understand...
9. They should totally should get vaccinated now

Basically - I echo you all!
I think that he was saying it was a Sarah thing as he said in the video he would support her either way in her decision re termination. And potentially at that stage she was still deciding?

Reactions: 13
I think that he was saying it was a Sarah thing as he said in the video he would support her either way in her decision re termination. And potentially at that stage she was still deciding?
That's a fair point, I can see that for sure... I still feel it's still an issue for them both, but I do see your point!

Reactions: 8
Ok, real-and-raw breakdown of the video:

1. IT'S MONETIZED
2. She's already preparing the field for potentially being a youtube spokesperson for baby's condition
3. Main question is still in the air - IS SHE VACCINATED?
4. Kurt is so DUMB I just can't (???????)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Also, she still baited heavily, and I still don't appreciate how she handled things then. Plus all the deflection and snarkiness. I don't forgive that, not even with this as an explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wonder why Kurt made out it was an issue that affected Sarah and not him so much. Maybe it was because Sarah was considering having the termination and would obviously be the one who has to go through that physically
I think maybe he meant that it was Sarah’s decision and he would support her either way. It’s a weird stance to take I think. I would be upset if my husband took such a passive viewpoint. But it seemed to help her?
The way he talked later it sounded like he did want to keep it but was okay if Sarah chose differently. He could tell that the baby was theirs etc.

I think it may have been poor wording from him. But he was actually trying to make it easier for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
“Our baby will have some sort of health issue but it’s nothing to do with me or Kurt it’s just luck of the draw”

I love how her first instinct is to clarify whatever the baby’s health issue is isn’t “hers or Kurts fault” Woweeeeeeeee
Weird. For all that researching, she didn’t stumble upon how genetics work? You don’t get to pick and choose any of the genes your children are born with, but they still come directly from the parents. I wonder why she felt like she had to clarify that it wasn’t anyones “fault”.

ETA: I haven’t watched the videoso just picking up everything from what is said here and I just read that she said it’s not a genetic issue but could be chromosomal? Regardless, it’s weird to focus on who’s fault it is. I also wonder if it was a genetic issue and say it comes from Kurt’s side of the family, would she have blamed him?? Crazy to think. It’s almost like this unborn baby has already become a commodity.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder why Kurt made out it was an issue that affected Sarah and not him so much. Maybe it was because Sarah was considering having the termination and would obviously be the one who has to go through that physically
That's my take on his choice of words. I'm guessing he put the sole decision on whether to terminate or not on Sarah, hence it being a Sarah problem. I just hope the decision to keep was a mutual one.

I'm also still stuck on why Sarah thought we'd all "have a field day" about hearing her baby has a genetic abnormality. Like wtf. Is she really that delusional?

For the record, Sarah, nobody wished this on you or your baby and nobody is "having a field day" about it. We just got sick of you baiting the pregnancy for engagement, then bait a MC for engagement, then drag out this delicate family matter for engagement. We also have little faith you won't use this baby for future engagement and monetise his disability (or whatever health issues he has/might have).

I sincerely hope this baby is born as healthy as he can be and is afforded the same love, care and attention you would give to any other baby. You are in a more fortunate position to raise a child with special needs than most. You have the time, the money and the privilege to give your child the best chance at a normal life as possible. But right now the vibe feels very much like you're praying the disability away and hoping he'll be born without issues. I hope you both prepare for a very different outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
How is this a Sarah issue and how does this change the name of the baby? 🙄
maybe they’re not going to use their ‘good’ name on a child that may not have a long or healthy life, or may be incompatible with life? Idk. Far be it from me to judge a situation I cannot possibly relate to, but I do know of women who are religious who, if they are told their baby will be incompatible with life and termination is suggested, believe it is better to grow, carry, and birth that baby, regardless of their life span. There is a lot of discourse around this that I don’t think we need to go into, ultimately that’s a really personal choice, but when it comes to sciz and the ppl and beliefs she aligns herself with, I wouldn’t be completely shocked if she monetised and used the tit out of a situation like that, and made herself an absolute martyr.

Reactions: 11
I actually saw a different side to Sarah in that video. She was explaining things fairly eloquently and Kurt just kept interjecting with dumb comments/laughing or just saying irrelevent minor things like "sarah called me but i was at the beach" and Sarah had to keep getting the conversation back to the seriousness of the situation.

I feel quite sorry for her actually (despite how genuinely problematic she is/has been) as she's married to a manchild and now has to tackle a potentially trickier parenting situation while having such a large audience who will naturally pick her apart than normal mums

Reactions: 79
While I sympathise with her and understand how hard this all would be, it still doesn't all sit right. I still found her story telling and voice a bit performative and whilst she has chosen to not disclose the specifics of the health condition, due to her past actions and who she is, it feels like this is a great opportunity to save her failing channel. I just cant imagine her not monetising of this, she already has from the get go. While it is a sensitive topic and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, I just don't think she has handled this correctly at all.

For someone so insistent on "protecting" her baby. Real protection would have been taking a break from her instagram with one story alone, and coming back when she was ready without mentioning it. Now people will speculate and pin point what it is, and it that may define him, although she didn't want to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I am very sad for them. I do hope they find their way and their child is born healthy.

I wish they would not demonise medical professionals - we are in the middle of a pandemic right now. The doctor that you spoke to is not a counsellor, Sarah. He is probably slightly desensitised. Furthermore, he is expected to be a professional and be neutral. It would be inappropriate for him to have shown emotion. You will be having to lean on medical professionals in the future and I hope you take the time to sit back and to respect the job they do. Although, I suppose from Kurt’s perspective, you would find your way as the caveman did thousands of years ago.

I feel a bit off about the fact that she baited by leaving the Band-Aid on her stomach. For some reason, that really does not sit well with me. It is such a private issue and she took every opportunity she could to heighten the suspense.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Also no doctor says “you should terminate this baby”. I mean if the baby has such a severe issue in utero that in incompatible with life outside the womb or is already deceased then they will definitely have a strong suggestion and explain the statistics and tell you your options … she’s phrasing it like her baby might have disability that IS compatible with life, and a fulfilling one at that, but her Dr was like NO, KILL IT and she’s trying to be like NO, I refuse, I will raise this baby that probably just has a mild chromosomal disorder but I WILL profit off it and present myself as a saviour 🙄
I just wanted to add this in here - some medical professionals do in fact offer termination as a first option. This recent ABC article talks a little bit about parents of Down syndrome children’s experience of their diagnosis. One mother was given the diagnosis and was told the termination was already booked. As much as I disagree with almost everything Sarah does, choosing to wait and see and offer the child as much support as they can is something I can commend.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I actually saw a different side to Sarah in that video. She was explaining things fairly eloquently and Kurt just kept interjecting with dumb comments/laughing or just saying irrelevent minor things like "sarah called me but i was at the beach" and Sarah had to keep getting the conversation back to the seriousness of the situation.

I feel quite sorry for her actually (despite how genuinely problematic she is/has been) as she's married to a manchild and now has to tackle a potentially trickier parenting situation while having such a large audience who will naturally pick her apart than normal mums
Even though Kurt is the one making insensitive jokes/comments, maybe that’s just the way he deals with things, trying to make light of a serious situation. Everyone deals with adversities differently, I for one, tend to laugh at serious situations 😅. He does seem like a very easygoing guy, so I don’t think this child’s disability bothered him as much which is why he ruled it out as “Sarah’s issue”, maybe he just didn’t want to deal with her stans. Sarah always seemed to me like a hypochondriac so it’s understandable that she is the one being affected more.

With that being said, we know Kurt is the primary parent, at least for now. He is one who is seen looking after Fox the most, although it might change with the arrival of the second child. I really feel like they need get Fox under control by then, fixing his sleep routine, potty training etc. It’s already difficult as it is raising two children, let alone one having special needs.

Reactions: 18
Sick of the comments saying no doctor would tell her to abort. My friend's doctor literally said "well if i was you I'd abort" because the test results showed a chromosomal abnormality

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The way they could’ve protected this kid from speculation and protected him from labels, would’ve been to shut the duck up and say absolutely nothing about it. I get that she was sad, but you can be sad in private. Already monetising videos, baiting, half saying things, letting everyone know that he has some abnormalities... all because she can’t keep tit to herself in order to protect him. I for one am not going to speculate but it’s not thanks to his mum
100% although I appreciate the honesty she could have protected this baby by saying the issue was to do with the direction of her business/Sarahs day (as she did when she was deciding between continuing uni and doing YT full time). She could have used this as an opportunity to take a step back from full time influencing and taken steps to live more privately and pivot her business away from social media.

This is probably the one time she didn’t have to be raw and real and we would have been OK with that, but she just couldn’t help with the baiting and constant alluding to the “issue”.

I wonder if she ever regretted those initial insta stories about her personal issue, if she never posted those she never would have had to make an explanation video. I feel sad that the whole world knows about a baby’s condition before it’s even born ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.