Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
nah, sez doesn’t like fruit and nut mix anymore now her partnership with loving earth is no longer 😂😂
I know you’re being facetious, but I was mad jealous when she got a ton of trail mix (that’s what it’s called, Sarah!) from Naked Foods in one of her vlogs.

I loved watching her old vlogs, but I don’t think I can do it anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hi all, I hardly post either on GG or here, but have continually followed along. In regards to our.tiny.moments on instagram & sarah sharing it... while the handle is cropped out, you can still click on the photo and it links to Kara's page. I don't know if that was somehow changed recently... but when I clicked on the photo from Sarah's story, it went right to her page and the specific photo collection Kara shared. Just a thought.

On another note, Sarah's pure "me me me me" is in full freaking force. As a white person, I can't count how many petitions I've shared, or links I've shared with my very small "followers". This is how Sarah should be using her platform.. Shut up about herself for once and share the MILLIONS of links to POC activewear lines, or POC fitness youtubers or petitions or donation funds. Like it has been made incredibly freaking simple right now to share these things without much effort. UGH... she's such a self-centered person it's quite sad. I used to really like her.
yep this is true you can click on shared photos if they haven’t been tagged and most of the time they will take you straight to the original post but as an influencer (micro micro micro influencer) it is important to put the poster’s tag in there so that the original poster will be notified that it has been shared and can acknowledge that promotion.
I think Sarah either forgot in her ‘rush’ to find things to post or didn’t really care because she’s a million follower icon unlike Kara.

Reactions: 7
Sarah has too many followers to be fired unfortunately. If u see the comments on her bandaid pic - (which makes me think of the saying - bandaid for a bullet wound) they are all about how amazing she is. I still don’t think she understands that the black lives matter movement is not about her. Georgie Stevenson did a nice story today about follower fitness women of colour and not having a white feed. Sarah should be doing stuff like that rather then trying to prove to everyone with dolls books and bandaids that she is not racist.

Reactions: 7
Ed’s gonna be so pissed when he sees her comments.
Honestly surprised she has management. I would love to know the company name.
I've seen it mentioned here before so hopefully okay to post - Two Palms media. I think I remember that previous post saying it's a tiny, newer company and they were possibly already friends with S&K?

Had a convo with Kurt...
He just restricted comments and left the turban photo up.. these people don’t have good intentions they just want people to praise them and think they are gods. Sarah has a major god complex issue.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I can't stand performative allyship, so you can imagine that this week has been especially annoying. I'd honestly prefer that someone not say anything at all than to speak on it and pretend to care to save face or to stop a PR crisis.

If I didn't know anything about racism or white privilege, I would wonder how this girl dug herself in deeper into a calamity that was far less serious that other things happening at the moment.

It was such an easy fix.

Step 1: Apologize sincerely, and vow to be better. Don't try to defend or justify your actions.
Step 2: Educate yourself on the issues, especially when people are offering the information to you FOR FREE.
Step 3: Don't repeat the BS that got you in trouble. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY.
Step 4 (optional): Get yourself some non-white friends and experience something besides your #aesthetic, white-as-duck world.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone yank defeat from the jaws of victory this hard, and absolutely refuse to let go.

Present company not included, I do not understand white women and their need to be victims all the damn time, even when they are indisputably wrong. White girl tears are very much real, and I have been the victim of them on more than one occasion.

Accountability is hard, and apologizing to anyone who isn't white is impossible. And let's be clear, the idea of apologizing to non-white people, aside from her massive ego, is the real issue. She's pissed that she can't get away with exploiting non-white people's culture, and is expected to be a decent human being toward those (black people) she offended. That is the problem in a nutshell, and that is how I know that Sarah is an unabashed racist. Her white privilege has failed to insulate her from a crisis of her own creation, and she is pissed. She thinks she should be off the hook by now because she firmly believes that her whiteness makes her better than the people coming for her behavior. The irony is that white supremacy and white privilege (her fans defending her against legitimate criticism) largely did what they were supposed to do here, but it's been her own stupidity that has undermined both.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And I don't know if you guys knew, but Kurt is in his early thirties. No excuse for either one of them to not know this stuff, but there's even less reason for him to be this ignorant.

Reactions: 4
Um what the duck. Shes now going on about how hard it is to renovate and find ideas to style her bleeping house. At this point I think she is just absolutley ignorant and stupid to say the least. She is doing herself NO favours. Shes going to "cancel" herself at this point.

Boggles the mind.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
SARAH NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR RENOS TO YOUR MILLION DOLLAR HOME RIGHT NOW. Does she seriously not get it? Just further proves she's only sharing BLM content to save face and be trendy. She didn't even look into the blackout tuesday - you're supposed to mute your content for the week to elevate the voices of POC. My friends and I aren't influencers and we get it.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
If she were up past midnight every night for the past week researching how to integrate aboriginal artwork for her house (which is a lie as we all know she was up blocking, censoring etc) you would have found with a quick google search plenty of ideas that you could have just shared? This is a great example of virtue signalling at its finest.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Ed’s gonna be so pissed when he sees her comments.
Honestly surprised she has management. I would love to know the company name.
It's two palms media. They only represent Sarah, Kurt and an Australian DJ and Ed is one of their friends so I don't know how accurate "company" and "manager" are.. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Hey Sarah, buying our art and hanging it in your house, don't mean tit when our opinion isn't allowed in your house (as you put it yesterday).

Our art tells stories, stories that you're not interested in hearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If she were up past midnight every night for the past week researching how to integrate aboriginal artwork for her house (which is a lie as we all know she was up blocking, censoring etc) you would have found with a quick google search plenty of ideas that you could have just shared? This is a great example of virtue signalling at its finest.
Ffs she BETTER Pay - full price for the artwork and feature it in her vlog.

Hope she remembers that people pay for things with money and us civilians can’t just have our mangers call companies and get things for free.

Reactions: 10
What a joke. She’s not buying the art for the right reasons. Every time she looks at the carefully chosen, aesthetic matching, indigenous art piece, she’s going to think about the time she was bUllIeD bY thE HaTerZ. Or she’ll point it out to her guests and say things like “they’re actually really good at art hey?” like she’s surprised.

I also can’t believe she’s coming on her stories to say “I’ve already donated to the organization, now I want to donate to a girl that came out of the organization and keep the cycle going” or whatever. Didn’t she already say that she donated to this place? Saying it again won’t make the people you’ve silenced and disappointed any less upset with you. The only people who care and will praise you Sarah, are the people you never upset in the first place. Your young white followers who think they can speak for all black women and say “it’s just braids.” Please stay off your stories and go back to “educating” yourself.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.