Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Review 👏 Your 👏 Work 👏
This one had me 'pissing myself' laughing 😉😂 But seriously, it's really not that hard. If I had been called out so many times for these types of errors in all my projects on all my platforms (posts, stories, recipes, campaign videos...), I would make it my mission to get it right going forward to learn and improve, or at least stop these kinds of comments coming up repeatedly and looking silly. It's such a simple fix and yet they never change or learn or CARE - so, I've said it before and I'll say it again, lazy and unprofessional.

Anyway I'm gonna go back to sipping my $2 black coffee from 7-Eleven now ✌☕

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
To be completely fair though, we call it "brekkie" here, it is breakfast and that's a term used generally all over Australia. Usually I get annoyed that she always Americanises her content for only US fans rather than the Aussies etc, so I kinda low-key liked it said Brekkie for once haha, but as an app she releases worldwide, I am not sure if it is the smartest move if it's just us here who call breakfast "brekkie" 🤷‍♀️
I’ve actually seen brekkie used here as well (Canada). But she just irritates me in general 🤣 I’m just being picky

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Could that fine print disclaimer that it’s based on the yearly description be any smaller?
Also last time I checked, no one buys a years worth of coffee in advance.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Review 👏 Your 👏 Work 👏
This one had me 'pissing myself' laughing 😉😂 But seriously, it's really not that hard. If I had been called out so many times for these types of errors in all my projects on all my platforms (posts, stories, recipes, campaign videos...), I would make it my mission to get it right going forward to learn and improve, or at least stop these kinds of comments coming up repeatedly and looking silly. It's such a simple fix and yet they never change or learn or CARE - so, I've said it before and I'll say it again, lazy and unprofessional.

Anyway I'm gonna go back to sipping my $2 black coffee from 7-Eleven now ✌☕
If they’re advertising it’s $2.31 a week shouldn’t they offer a weekly subscription then... it totally misses the point of a larger sum being asked for upfront.

With the 1 star reviews, at least people are voicing valid issues with the app and not just writing SCAM like Sarah’s lovely positive vibes only tribe did to S&S.

ETA if you’re going to be the most expensive in the field then you need to offer a proper quality product that has value-adds in it. This is the bare bones recipes and riddled with errors. I was a professional transcriptionist for years and reviewing 200 recipes would take a few days (less than a week def). It would not cost the earth. I can’t understand for the life of me why they wouldn’t have hired someone to do this, especially as Sarah knows it’s not her forte. She’s her own worst enemy sometimes.

Sorry edited again to add: is the Tagline “healthy food made simple”? If so I think a more accurate description would be “simple food made expensive”...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
A selling point for why an app over a book was that she could keep updating it. You know what costs way less than an app to develop that can be updated frequently? A website. Like the one she already has.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I know this might be a hot take, but I have been feeling kind of crappy that there are people from here that are reviewing the app terribly.

Do I agree with what has been wrote, 1,000,000%. Do I think that we should be sabotaging someones business that has spent SO much money on it (no matter how crappy they are)... I don't know. It hasn't really felt right to me! If someone gets the app and truly doesn't like it by all means yes but it has been making me feel pretty uneasy.

I'm the first person to rant and go off about how dangerous I think Sarah is, but something about the reviews seems to be crossing a line for me and it's making me feel disappointed. Is anyone else feeling like this? If the app sucks, let's hear it from people who actually spent the money and it will be an honest reflection of the app and maybe they will finally see the truth about her. Idk, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
I actually downloaded the app and then wrote my review. Everything I said was based on what I could see in the app. Just because I didn't make an in-app purchase doesn't mean I can't honestly review the app. 🙂

yep same.

Reactions: 5
The names of some of these dishes kill me. “Chefy satay sauce”? It’s not cute. And she has an entire category of “brekkie”. It just goes with her use of contractions and made up words. Also her “lighter snacks” category confuses me - lighter suggests it’s in comparison to something, but there’s no other category like “snacks” or “heavy snacks”. Why not just call it light or small snacks?
Honestly, I think she was “inspired” by the categories in Elsa’s book the “Global Vegan.”

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 15
A selling point for why an app over a book was that she could keep updating it. You know what costs way less than an app to develop that can be updated frequently? A website. Like the one she already has.
Yes but then she can’t make a gazzillion dollars. She’s seen the likes of the Sweat app and how wealthy Kayla is now. She wanted in. She can try to sell it to her stans any way she likes, but that’s the only reason for a yearly subscription to an app.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
okay but what the hell is "Chefy"??? Chef-like?

Imagine having your partner or friend over and them asking what's for dinner, and you have to say "Chefy satay sauce" with a straight face. If I heard that word, I'd think it's some awesome traditional Asian recipe I'd never heard of

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Kinda OT but just noticed that Scuzz sister in law Kate follows Celeb_spellcheck🤣. This is the shade I live for.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138
You know based on most of the recipes we’ve seen I think this should have been a beginners guide to cooking or something. The recipes seem so simple (like a literal boiled egg or toast). It would have made sense given her demographic in that it seems to be primarily young adults and teenagers. She could have spun it to use the fact that she doesn’t have culinary experience to her advantage; market it as a how to on basic cooking made by an average person for average people. All she would have to have done is altered the articles to be about basics of cooking (which would have been easier and less problematic than the health articles seem) and just leave the recipes as is maybe even make some that seem bad more simple to make them better. Or had multiple sections like “basics” so the toast recipes don’t look so stupid and then put a more “intermediate” section for what she considers complex.

feel like if she did that (and halved the price and did a god damn spellcheck) she would have gotten more subs and been subject to a lot less criticism.

edits for grammar
I'm glad it wasn't though. Lord knows her younger demographic don't need to get an ED from over consuming her content. I'm kind of glad her app is expensive for this reason, a lot of people who can't afford it won't be affected by it. I can imagine being younger, wanting to be like my role model on Instagram and following her cookbook, thinking that having to eat like scuzzy all the time wouldve fucked with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Who called their recipe releases were going to be smoothies. Already out of actual recipes and they haven't even posted the first round of "additional" content. This and the avocado pesto toast. People really needed to pay $120 for these brilliant ideas.
Screenshot_20210114-204934_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
You know based on most of the recipes we’ve seen I think this should have been a beginners guide to cooking or something. The recipes seem so simple (like a literal boiled egg or toast). It would have made sense given her demographic in that it seems to be primarily young adults and teenagers. She could have spun it to use the fact that she doesn’t have culinary experience to her advantage; market it as a how to on basic cooking made by an average person for average people. All she would have to have done is altered the articles to be about basics of cooking (which would have been easier and less problematic than the health articles seem) and just leave the recipes as is maybe even make some that seem bad more simple to make them better. Or had multiple sections like “basics” so the toast recipes don’t look so stupid and then put a more “intermediate” section for what she considers complex.

feel like if she did that (and halved the price and did a god damn spellcheck) she would have gotten more subs and been subject to a lot less criticism.

edits for grammar
Ive been lyrking since the box braids and I’m posting for the first time to say this just goes to show how narcissistic Sarah is. Anyone can see a huge bunch of her followers are only there for her son. If she was smart she could have made each recipe easy enough for someone who has just started out cooking to follow, and if you’re more towards her age, with enough simple steps that a child could be involved in some of them. And then take a bunch of photos of the both of them cooking each recipe together.

She would have had a bunch of people pay for it just to see the photos, and some naive young mums trying to parent how she parents for the #instalife, and it wouldn’t have mattered if the recipes were basic. Plus, she could have addressed the HATERZZZ by saying no I do spend a bunch of time with Fox, check out Sunee if you don’t believe me. But shes so stuck in her own head she can’t see that people would be following her for anything other than how amazing she is and how much everyone must want to be like her.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Fox is in the office again. Poor kid . What a boring life he must lead.
Doesn't she usually pawn him off on her mom several times a week? But someone here had mentioned that her mom came back from holiday "not feeling well" recently; has there been an update since? :unsure: 😷

Reactions: 18
Long time lurker, first time poster 👋

went to look at the reviews in the UK out of curiosity.. thoughts on this being a fake by Sarah?? 😂

‘What the frick’ really strikes me as an Australian phrase (although correct me if I’m wrong) and the last paragraph talking about nEw UplOAdS eVeRY wEeK just screams scuz.

also the name ‘EJT ;)’ reminded me of KJTilseView attachment 383889
Longshot, but user E.J.T ;)..."Emma Jane Three" as in her IG handle, or "Emma Jane Tilse" as a cover??!🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.