Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this might be a hot take, but I have been feeling kind of crappy that there are people from here that are reviewing the app terribly.

Do I agree with what has been wrote, 1,000,000%. Do I think that we should be sabotaging someones business that has spent SO much money on it (no matter how crappy they are)... I don't know. It hasn't really felt right to me! If someone gets the app and truly doesn't like it by all means yes but it has been making me feel pretty uneasy.

I'm the first person to rant and go off about how dangerous I think Sarah is, but something about the reviews seems to be crossing a line for me and it's making me feel disappointed. Is anyone else feeling like this? If the app sucks, let's hear it from people who actually spent the money and it will be an honest reflection of the app and maybe they will finally see the truth about her. Idk, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
Disagree. We have seen the recipes. The content is honestly dangerous. I don't need to pay that to know. I'd be so pissed if I saw an app had good ratings and then found out people knew they just didn't rate it. I could not care less how much money she spent on it, it's not just bad it's DANGEROUS. In addition her fans are hardly providing honest reviews. 5 stars but the message saying XYZ is wrong. Her stans won't review objectively and she's scared a lot of bad reviews off anyway. If it makes you feel uneasy, don't do it that's perfectly valid, but I don't particularly care if it disappoints you.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Long time lurker, first time poster 👋

went to look at the reviews in the UK out of curiosity.. thoughts on this being a fake by Sarah?? 😂

‘What the frick’ really strikes me as an Australian phrase (although correct me if I’m wrong) and the last paragraph talking about nEw UplOAdS eVeRY wEeK just screams scuz.

also the name ‘EJT ;)’ reminded me of KJTilse
EB57889A-9638-46EE-891B-DCE886499ADC.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
Disagree. We have seen the recipes. The content is honestly dangerous. I don't need to pay that to know. I'd be so pissed if I saw an app had good ratings and then found out people knew they just didn't rate it. I could not care less how much money she spent on it, it's not just bad it's DANGEROUS. In addition her fans are hardly providing honest reviews. 5 stars but the message saying XYZ is wrong. Her stans won't review objectively and she's scared a lot of bad reviews off anyway. If it makes you feel uneasy, don't do it that's perfectly valid, but I don't particularly care if it disappoints you.
I hear you and I appreciate peoples insight. I don't really appreciate you speaking to me that way though, I just wanted to kindly share my thoughts. I didn't really think anyone would care about this opinion, but this kind of solidified that and now I just kind of feel like a dumb ass. Sorry everyone, I was nervous about posting this and I feel like I definitely shouldn't have! Didn't mean to derail anything, we can totally move on from it, my apologies again.
😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I know this might be a hot take, but I have been feeling kind of crappy that there are people from here that are reviewing the app terribly.
I don't know. I haven't written anything but right after the launch there were so many 5 Star reviews and people hadn't even had a chance to try some recipes or read all the articles.

On the other hand, many of her true fans were disappointed, the recipes are not unique and not approved by an educated person, no nutritional values, research in articles not quoted, price is very steep for what they offer. I think that justifies a bad review.
We have all seen her "development process" and some of the recipes she has shown over the years. We know she is not qualifies and we know she likes to stick to her version of the truth when it comes to her products.

So we all didn't subscribe but we know the product enough to rate it imo.

Sorry everyone, I was nervous about posting this and I feel like I definitely shouldn't have!
Sorry you feel like this. To be honest I felt like that right after the launch but the bad reviews are not uncalled for. And any feedback she has since received has been ignored and deleted...

Reactions: 17
I hear you and I appreciate peoples insight. I don't really appreciate you speaking to me that way though, I just wanted to kindly share my thoughts. I didn't really think anyone would care about this opinion, but this kind of solidified that and now I just kind of feel like a dumb ass. Sorry everyone, I was nervous about posting this and I feel like I definitely shouldn't have! Didn't mean to derail anything, we can totally move on from it, my apologies again.
😭
Speak to you like what though? The only part aimed at you was The fact I don't appreciate a stranger on the internet claiming that something I do disappoints them as if I should care 🤷🏼‍♀️. Its condescending. I also acknowledged that you feeling like it wasn't a good idea was completely valid just don't push it on others.

Please don't play victim just because you read my message as a personal attack.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
😭
Please don’t feel that way. I personally think it’s great to debate about things like this and I think everyone should be able to express their opinions without feeling nervous. What you said made sense to me and shows that you are a good person that cares about people regardless of your feelings towards them. I still think she brought this to herself and think the reviews are fair based on the quality of this app, but I respect you and your opinion 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Long time lurker, first time poster 👋

went to look at the reviews in the UK out of curiosity.. thoughts on this being a fake by Sarah?? 😂

‘What the frick’ really strikes me as an Australian phrase (although correct me if I’m wrong) and the last paragraph talking about nEw UplOAdS eVeRY wEeK just screams scuz.

also the name ‘EJT ;)’ reminded me of KJTilseView attachment 383889
100% Even has her spelling and grammatical errors!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
😭
I felt uneasy about it too, I think I was just overly associating it with what Scuz did to Sabi + Soul. I don’t like the thought of being like that, and I don’t like the thought of pushing people to blindly download, rate and delete.
By all means I agree that there is enough content available without a subscription that can be reviewed, so I do think majority of the 1 stars are valid regardless of payment. I don’t think there is anything wrong with having a look through and leaving an honest negative review, we all know theres plenty of negs! I’m just not a fan of the push to do it dishonestly. Whether that is the intention or not it just comes across this way in some posts here.

Reactions: 25
😭
For what it's worth, please don't feel nervous about sharing your point of view. I obviously can't speak for everyone but I hope everyone feels comfortable expressing whatever they want here and don't have to worry about what they say.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Edit: I missed the part asking about what led me to Sarah.

I’m 17 haha - first discovered GG when I was 15. I’ve always wondered if I was one of the youngest here

I discovered her at the start of year 9 (I was 14) and was heavily stuck in a spiral of disordered eating and over exercising (probably orthorexia looking back at it), though for me it was just being fit and healthy (motivated by being terrified of being ‘fat’ again). A YouTuber I watched mentioned her videos so I had a look and was instantly drawn in by her promotion of ‘health’ and ‘balance’, which in many ways enabled my destructive processes at the time. I bought a few of her activewear pieces etc and was never a crazy obsessed stan but definitely a big fan. I was looking her up on google one day and came across the GG threads - at first I hate read them and laughed at how stupid they were (‘they think she has an ED? Lmao how stupid - she’s just enjoying a balanced life’ // ‘no her activewear isn’t absolute tit, it’s FANTASTIC and SO CUTE’ etc etc) but as time went on I began to see more and more merit in what people were saying. I lowkey got kinda obsessed with reading the threads every hour (I have a kind of obsessive nature) so I took a break from reading them completely and got sucked back into the Sezzy Wonderland for a couple of months. I can’t remember exactly what triggered my return to GG but I think I started checking up on it again and realised how right you all were and I’ve been here ever since (for the last year or something - basically just after her swimwear launch) :)

sorry that was so long haha
Do your friends and people your age love Sarah? If so how do you go being the one that doesn’t like her?

Reactions: 9
Speak to you like what though? The only part aimed at you was The fact I don't appreciate a stranger on the internet claiming that something I do disappoints them as if I should care 🤷🏼‍♀️. Its condescending. I also acknowledged that you feeling like it wasn't a good idea was completely valid just don't push it on others.

Please don't play victim just because you read my message as a personal attack.
“ I don't appreciate a stranger on the internet claiming that something I do disappoints them as if I should care 🤷🏼‍♀️. Its condescending.“

Aren’t we all strangers to Sarah talking about how disappointing she is?

“I also acknowledged that you feeling like it wasn't a good idea was completely valid just don't push it on others.”

On her original comments she literally said “But I would love to hear your thoughts”. Hardly pushing anything on others.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Satay sauce and hummus should not be a thick paste like this, why would you even bother uploading these pictures. 🤢

Edit: Got to love how ‘professional’ the photos are. Clearly she’s tried to do it all herself and not looked at the detail of each image. You would think having a professional photographer as a partner might help.
3A4733FB-34FA-4954-A0A9-91B723365EC0.jpeg
F186B1AD-B9AB-448D-8A32-F6C9B93447B9.jpeg

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
How old is everyone on here and what was the breaking point for you with Sarah?

I’m super intrigued, it seems like most of us could be a bit older maybe? I’m 27 and it wasn’t until I found tattle that brought all of Sarah’s problematic behaviour to light. I wouldn’t say I idolised her, but I definitely looked up to her and thought her way of life was #goals. Now I realise she really is living under a rock and is making everything up along the way.
First time poster, short time lurker.
I'm 29 and have only been following SD for a few years I was actually recommended to watch her from a girlfriend who was really into "health & fitness" but the weight watchers and cardio type of health and fitness and I come from a body building education, so it was all new to me about the weird dieting (sorry, obviously I'm used to egg white and plain chicken, which in itself is weird I know). Found this forum by searching Sunee App after reading the Good Mood Food blog and I wanted to compare them to each other after reading a comment saying there was a stolen blog post. (Sunee need to work on their SEO)

Breaking point was the disrespect towards aboriginal/indigenous/first nations Australians. I couldn't understand the turmoil with braids (I have since educated myself) because we don't really have too many African migrants here in Aus so I must say my education there is blind. But when I seen the photo posted of the yidaki/didgeridoo my stomach dropped. I must preface this by saying as a younger Australian SD would have had the same, if not better, Aboriginal education in high school as myself since she is upper middle class and her school would reflect that better than my trust housing, bottom feeder level of education.
But my absolute turning off to her was the blocking/deleting comments and when Olivia from @blakbusiness on Instagram OFFERED to educate her and Kurt and they slammed her down, blocked and couldn't even bother to have a conversation, that was enough for me. As white people we owe it to our indigenous Australians to do better, this starts with acknowledgement and education.

Always was, always will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I agree.

But then I think of how she sat back and allowed her stans to completely destroy S&S.
Yeah I agree. I feel like it’s all karma coming back around and I’m here for it! I don’t feel bad for her one bit. If she made a decent app that was tried and tested and had no errors I think most of us here are mature enough to say “fair play, you did a good job”. But this isn’t the case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Is it me or is this “recipe” just soft boiled eggs ? 😂
I remember earlier on the thread someone would take one for the team and get the app to test out some recipes, would be great if they could check what this recipe consists of haha
That was me buuut I am currently starting a business. So won't be for another week or two until I have stuff up and running. Literally looks like boiled eggs with chilli flakes on top 😂 it would be a good skill for her 13 year old audience to have i spose 💁

• Haha
Reactions: 21
😭
I get where you’re coming from and I understand other people’s perspectives too. I haven’t written my review yet, but I still have the app on my phone and I have a look at it every day to see how it works and it basically is always crashing and loading really slow. I don’t think we need to pay for the subscription to leave a review because we can all see how flawed the recipes are and how overpriced the app is. For some reason I want to just wait a little to see if anything changes and then leave my review. But I honestly think it’s fine as well to leave a 1 star review and say it’s because there’s no free trial. Honestly an app that expensive should have a free trial!!!! But I don’t agree with leaving a 1 star review for no reason behind it.

Please keep sharing your thoughts, I think it’s important to get everyone’s perspectives! Just keep in mind you’ll always have some people disagree, but also have people who agree with you. This is all just a discussion and lot of the time people’s personal opinions.

Reactions: 22
How old is everyone on here and what was the breaking point for you with Sarah?

I’m super intrigued, it seems like most of us could be a bit older maybe? I’m 27 and it wasn’t until I found tattle that brought all of Sarah’s problematic behaviour to light. I wouldn’t say I idolised her, but I definitely looked up to her and thought her way of life was #goals. Now I realise she really is living under a rock and is making everything up along the way.
I’m 36. I had enough of the toxic bullshit that is the health and fitness industry a few years back (I used to be a PT too so I know all about the industry).
I knew of Sarah but never really followed her until maybe last year or the year before. I bought one of her guides and enjoyed watching her as she seemed different to the rest. It didn’t take long to realise she is just like the rest of the industry, if not worse.
But it was lat year that really set things off for me. When she started her bullshit of “Fox eats anything I make for him because I only feed him clean food”. I’m a mum of two and know kids eat anything when they’re that small. But she really drove it home and made me realise she’s just a narcissist that puts herself up on a pedestal.

Reactions: 35
I would agree if people weren’t given the chance to view the free recipes on the website or the app. In the responses to people, they’ve also highlighted this as essentially a free trial. So people do have an exposure to the app and what it offers, and it hasn’t been positive. If they had actually ensured that what was put out there was accurate, no one would have anything to be able to critique her for. So the reviews are based in truth.
In comparison, Sarah sabotaged someone’s business by using false information and didn’t try to reverse the damage after her error was highlighted.
I 100% I agree with this. I personally downloaded the app to see the free content they provided and left a review based on what I saw. I’m not sure how that is sabotage honestly?And the App Store is sort of set up to deal with that. If there was just one price to pay for the app before even getting into it people couldn’t leave a review unless they paid (since you wouldnt be able to download it) but that’s not the case here.

also it’s not sabotage because the app is a joke to be blunt. I haven’t read a single review that I didn’t agree with based on what I’ve seen.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.