Sarah's Day #18 Sunee is a flop, food is all slop. I made the app, that's why it's crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
was the disrespect towards aboriginal/indigenous/first nations Australians. I couldn't understand the turmoil with braids (I have since educated myself) because we don't really have too many African migrants here in Aus so I must say my education there is blind. But when I seen the photo posted of the yidaki/didgeridoo my stomach dropped. I must preface this by saying as a younger Australian SD would have had the same, if not better, Aboriginal education in high sc
It's the constant "Do you have a profile with us?" that gets me. As if they aren't asking so they can find their Sunee account and potentially doxx them. duck off.
So true. The feedback that person left could be addressed without the need for them to look at their account.

Reactions: 10
“ I don't appreciate a stranger on the internet claiming that something I do disappoints them as if I should care 🤷🏼‍♀️. Its condescending.“

Aren’t we all strangers to Sarah talking about how disappointing she is?

“I also acknowledged that you feeling like it wasn't a good idea was completely valid just don't push it on others.”

On her original comments she literally said “But I would love to hear your thoughts”. Hardly pushing anything on others.
Yes but saying it's disappointing is pushing it. My original response was just sayingmy thoughts as she asked for, and I just happened to not care that it's disappointing to her which I'm entitled to feel. And while yes we are strangers on the internet Sarah is a public figure I'm not. Anyway, my original reply wasn't intentionally rude, I apologize if it's been taken that way I can be quite blunt, but there's no need for this to continue.

Reactions: 20
One of the many reasons they deserve bad reviews...at the price they charge Sunee should be run way better than this tit show.
Not the mention all the comments from people who have bought the subscription, unable to access and who claim to have tried to contact the help desk multiple times without any response ....

Reactions: 24
You know based on most of the recipes we’ve seen I think this should have been a beginners guide to cooking or something. The recipes seem so simple (like a literal boiled egg or toast). It would have made sense given her demographic in that it seems to be primarily young adults and teenagers. She could have spun it to use the fact that she doesn’t have culinary experience to her advantage; market it as a how to on basic cooking made by an average person for average people. All she would have to have done is altered the articles to be about basics of cooking (which would have been easier and less problematic than the health articles seem) and just leave the recipes as is maybe even make some that seem bad more simple to make them better. Or had multiple sections like “basics” so the toast recipes don’t look so stupid and then put a more “intermediate” section for what she considers complex.

feel like if she did that (and halved the price and did a god damn spellcheck) she would have gotten more subs and been subject to a lot less criticism.

edits for grammar

• Heart
Reactions: 49
OK Guys... so the AvOlUtElY CaRboNaRa review.....
I would just like to preface I am not here to win any photography awards, I only had my ipad at the time and it's also what I am working with, but I give you Pasta a la Sarah. Honestly, it turned out like slop as expected, and whilst it wasn't as feral tasting as I thought, I was struggling to pin point which planet this recipe was derived from? It didn't really taste like Carbonara aside from the bacon onion combo, and I honestly felt like I committed so many chef crimes in the instructions. I used all the same ingredients except for using ReAl wHeAt PaStA, so it turned out pretty much the same. I'll be honest I didnt spiralise the zucchini though because I am not boujee enough to own one of those contraptions.

All in all, would I make it again? No, I feel like it was a waste of a great avocado and that the effort taken to make this (whilst not hard), could have been put towards making a more realistic or healthier version (with dairy) and just enjoy the meal for what it should be. It didn't taste that foul, but after warming up avocado [which the thought of is quite abhorrent] it did have a unique nice taste but don't expect it to be restaurant quality. So if you enjoy eating slop, I 11/10 recommend you try this wonderful Sunee recipe for yourself :')

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
OK Guys... so the AvOlUtElY CaRboNaRa review.....
I would just like to preface I am not here to win any photography awards, I only had my ipad at the time and it's also what I am working with, but I give you Pasta a la Sarah. Honestly, it turned out like slop as expected, and whilst it wasn't as feral tasting as I thought, I was struggling to pin point which planet this recipe was derived from? It didn't really taste like Carbonara aside from the bacon onion combo, and I honestly felt like I committed so many chef crimes in the instructions. I used all the same ingredients except for using ReAl wHeAt PaStA, so it turned out pretty much the same. I'll be honest I didnt spiralise the zucchini though because I am not boujee enough to own one of those contraptions.

All in all, would I make it again? No, I feel like it was a waste of a great avocado and that the effort taken to make this (whilst not hard), could have been put towards making a more realistic or healthier version (with dairy) and just enjoy the meal for what it should be. It didn't taste that foul, but after warming up avocado [which the thought of is quite abhorrent] it did have a unique nice taste but don't expect it to be restaurant quality. So if you enjoy eating slop, I 11/10 recommend you try this wonderful Sunee recipe for yourself :')
looks like the slop the have nots on big brother eat lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is it just me, or do you think it’s hella sus that Kurts new Instagram has a lot of other “fake accounts”? Surely it’s too early for people to make fake versions of his new Adventures Insta. I am kinda thinking maybe Kurt made all these fake accounts up so no one could try take his handles/branding? 😂 Thoughts?

ETA: I’m so sorry I just realised this is OT and Kurt related not Sarah, so if it needs to be deleted I understand:)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Youtube review with a 20 second glitch in the app (same photo for all the recipes) 😂 Unfortunately the review is good.

Also how is the average rating in the app store 4.5?! It really breaks my heart. Well at least it's down to #182 in Health & Fitness

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Do your friends and people your age love Sarah? If so how do you go being the one that doesn’t like her?
yeah she’s reasonably popular with people my age (though not a topic of discussion or anything) but none of my friends who followed her were ever diehard fans (I know some of her stans have group chats with friends where they swan over Sarah all the time but I don’t know anyone that hardcore). And since her tit with silencing BIPOC I’ve had some really productive conversations with a couple of people who really liked her and whilst they still follow (mostly for Fox content) they all are happy to recognise and discuss her flaws, and no longer buy her tit. None of my close friends follow her though so it’s not really something that ever comes up 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 15
How old is everyone on here and what was the breaking point for you with Sarah?

I’m super intrigued, it seems like most of us could be a bit older maybe? I’m 27 and it wasn’t until I found tattle that brought all of Sarah’s problematic behaviour to light. I wouldn’t say I idolised her, but I definitely looked up to her and thought her way of life was #goals. Now I realise she really is living under a rock and is making everything up along the way.
I’m 26 and I was never a stan and never spent a cent on her products, but I did use to enjoy watching her youtube videos, I think I found her when looking at pregnancy announcement videos. I thought she was obnoxious on her gender reveal party but didn’t think much of it. Then I realised how she started deciding Fox’s personality when he wasn’t even born yet and I hate it when parents do that, but for Sarah it feels like her son’s personality is just a part of ger “AeSThETiC”. So I kept watching even though I thought she was a bit of a brat. But it wasn’t until the Sabi&Soul fiasco that I thought far out this girl is wild, then I found this thread and boom, eye opener.
I think her and her followers think “aesthetic” is literally the only thing worth living for, it’s a word I like to change for “appearances”. It’s all about the appearances, quite toxic for my liking.
I never followed her for her fitness or diet or anything so I completely missed how toxic and dangerous that is too, but I see it now.
She really thinks she is the smartest business woman when really she just was lucky on youtube and all she has to do is put her name on anything. She is delusional to think so highly of herself

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Satay sauce and hummus should not be a thick paste like this, why would you even bother uploading these pictures. 🤢

Edit: Got to love how ‘professional’ the photos are. Clearly she’s tried to do it all herself and not looked at the detail of each image. You would think having a professional photographer as a partner might help.View attachment 383951View attachment 383952
The names of some of these dishes kill me. “Chefy satay sauce”? It’s not cute. And she has an entire category of “brekkie”. It just goes with her use of contractions and made up words. Also her “lighter snacks” category confuses me - lighter suggests it’s in comparison to something, but there’s no other category like “snacks” or “heavy snacks”. Why not just call it light or small snacks?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The names of some of these dishes kill me. “Chefy satay sauce”? It’s not cute. And she has an entire category of “brekkie”. It just goes with her use of contractions and made up words. Also her “lighter snacks” category confuses me - lighter suggests it’s in comparison to something, but there’s no other category like “snacks” or “heavy snacks”. Why not just call it light or small snacks?
Or just, you know, snack.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Is it just me, or do you think it’s hella sus that Kurts new Instagram has a lot of other “fake accounts”? Surely it’s too early for people to make fake versions of his new Adventures Insta. I am kinda thinking maybe Kurt made all these fake accounts up so no one could try take his handles/branding? 😂 Thoughts?

ETA: I’m so sorry I just realised this is OT and Kurt related not Sarah, so if it needs to be deleted I understand:)
Absolutely that what he’s done. Kind of like an Instagram trademark I guess!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wow. I just saw the 'We are live' post on Sunee Instagram - there are only 19 comments. There were hundreds initially. I guess after they deleted the negative ones, only 19 were left. Extraordinary

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
To be completely fair though, we call it "brekkie" here, it is breakfast and that's a term used generally all over Australia. Usually I get annoyed that she always Americanises her content for only US fans rather than the Aussies etc, so I kinda low-key liked it said Brekkie for once haha, but as an app she releases worldwide, I am not sure if it is the smartest move if it's just us here who call breakfast "brekkie" 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18

He’ll be doing that in order to protect his handle

Reactions: 8
oh my god she's so desperate for subscriptions. also sunee is #182 in the US ... LOL

edit: 182 in health in fitness in the US
edit again: ive been blocked from sunee insta for calling them out on being so desperate in their latest post. doesn't take much

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.