Sarah's Day #14 Critic banning, stan scamming, wedding planning & fake tanning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that the "African black" comment was out of order.

Can I ask why you aren't offended by this dark tan? I get you don't want white saviours, and I'm not asking you to "help me help you!", but I want to know what about this isn't offensive?
I can’t speak for other black people but I’ve been in predominantly white schools and lived in predominantly white neighborhoods my entire life so I think I’ve been conditioned to think it’s “normal.” Of course if someone is blatantly blackfishing then it’s problematic but I’ve followed Sarah since 2013 so I know she wouldn’t want to be associated with “blackness” at all. I think she’s influenced by people like the Kardashians and other white influencers who get dark tans.

Reactions: 8
She’s mentioned the Kartrashians a few times and I think she has a bit of a weird obsession with them. Maybe she’s trying to look like them?

PoC here. I actually wanted to say I'm not offended by Sarah's tan at all. I used to love her content because I'm a massive health nut - always been an xs, ate a super restrictive GF, DF diet and always loved working out. I just wanted to add that I don't like how some of you think you can speaker on behalf of people of colour, as if PoC are helpless, poor and weak and as if they need white people to defend or protect them. Of course you can be allies but please don't be offended on our behalf.

I come from a generation of PoC who've worked extremely hard to be successful and I've lived a privileged life thanks to my family's hard work. For my mental health and overall well-being when I noticed that Sarah was a bit racist (including all her other issues - restrictive diet, over-exercising) I unfollowed her and found new positive influencers to follow and there are also tons of PoC influencers who are amazing and successful so we really don't need toxic influencers like Sarah to represent us or make us feel included - it wouldn't even be genuine. I don't mean to excuse what she's done as we need to call out people like Sarah but Sarah has been offending PoC for a while now and she's still not cancelled so that tells me that her audience is mainly white and they couldn't care less about cancelling her for offending PoC.

When influencers like Sarah are blatantly racist I move on as outrage isn't going to cancel them as the majority of her fans are people similar to her. Just out of kindness stop speaking on behalf of PoC or getting offended on their behalf it's actually quite offensive. That's my opinion. I only mentioned my family to show that PoC are dynamic, strong and hard working so I think we can speak for ourselves if and when we're offended. Some of the comments I read like she looks "African black" were actually more offensive as PoC are diverse and we already have issues like colourism (so terms like African black are incredibly offensive). Also all the models Sarah has used have been mixed race not actually fully black. People of colour come in all kinds of shades, for instance, my skin is very pale and fair. So please be mindful of your language, where I come from mixed race people don’t identify as black, we all come from different countries with different histories - not all black people are American and blacks people aren’t always offended by the same things.

I apologize for any typos and mistakes, I was quite upset while writing this.
Thank you for your point of view. It is appreciated. It makes me mindful of the fact to not jump into conclusions too quickly and put other people's words in my mouth.

ETA I honestly think she just wants to look lean, surfy and barbieish and is so ignorant that her tan is so dark it could offend others. All she truly cares about is herself

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone else think by that clinking sound that Kurt continued to eat the cereal while driving?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
This photo was when he came out of hospital. Yet she captions it to seem like it’s that morning. Everything about her is false. I know this is only a little thing but why don’t her followers catch on to her constant daily bs.
1D5C9EF2-B605-4175-B8B0-C0401AECB0C2.jpeg

Also what the f are those faces she’s pulling on the barbie shoot :ROFLMAO: almost spat my coffee out.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Anyone else think by that clinking sound that Kurt continued to eat the cereal while driving?
Absolutely! Could hear the clinking then Kurt talking with his mouth full! Between this and Scuzz riding her bike while using her phone to film Focks on the back, these 2 are just plain dangerous and dumb!😬😠

Reactions: 27
Could she not wait until she got home to do her Insta stories? I find it weird she whips out her camera at the park when there’s other kids around, not
I found this website which checks followers for bots... She had a pretty low score, they say that influencers with score below 80 have a lot of suspicious followers with bot-like numbers and engagement.
I think she definitely buys followers, even with deleting and blocking her followers she has an incredibly low ratio of comments to likes/subscribers.
so interesting! Do you mind sharing what website this is?

Reactions: 3
Off topic, so scroll on if you wanna keep talking about Sarah.

Someone in the previous thread (I think?) shared a video of Sophie Jayne commenting on her old videos because they were basically her ignoring an eating disorder. I mentioned that the old videos were identical to Sarah's videos. Huge salads consisting of mostly spinach, pulling up the skin to show her abs, working out heaps even when tired etc. Even the cadence, editing style, and angles were the same as Sarah's videos. I thought, oh tit, the influence Sarah has is real because not only did this girl eat the same as Sarah, but she basically wanted to live like her.
Then I watch her newer videos and... they're the same. The diet may not be, but the language ("getting back on track"), the fashion, the random clothing and food shopping hauls in a vlog, even their house looks so similar. Obviously Sarah's style is common - white, pink, tan colour palette, coastal theme with some scandi, and psudeo-minimalist style -- the design is everyone on young, female presenting (usually) instagrammers.

I'm NOT HERE to attack Sophie or whatever, but I brought it up because I keep forgetting there are still people so heavily influenced by Sarah that they don't even realise, even when critiquing a part of their life so clearly influenced by her.

Sometimes I forget that Sarah isn't just a person online, but someone who other people emulate by buying stuff and living her lifestyle

• Heart
Reactions: 20
STOP trying to force the narrative that your kid is a surfer/skater/tradie. He clearly doesn’t want to be any of those things. I hope he grows up to be an accountant.

View attachment 334152
I have two kids and there is not a toy they love more then the cheap trikes from big w. Stop pushing an adult toy on him and encourage him to start at the beginning. A trike, balance bike or a 3 wheeled scooter there are no toys for him just the stupid skateboard for her and skurt. She's soo bloody selfish all the money and yet he is so deprived.

Reactions: 43
I have two kids and there is not a toy they love more then the cheap trikes from big w. Stop pushing an adult toy on him and encourage him to start at the beginning. A trike, balance bike or a 3 wheeled scooter there are no toys for him just the stupid skateboard for her and skurt. She's soo bloody selfish all the money and yet he is so deprived.
He's probably too special & advanced for silly baby toys 🥴

The amount of comments she gets now calling her out is amazing! Here's a few more before they go MIA

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 41

The amount of comments she gets now calling her out is amazing! Here's a few more before they go MIA
Makes me soo mad like he's not going to go carve it up on a skateboard its like learning to run before you can walk. That's why most kids start with bikes or scooters and not skateboards he isn't that special he is like every other toddler if she spent time with other kids his age she would know that its not age appropriate. Loves the attention though and she's not even any good haha.

Reactions: 26

Yeah, cause Sez is notorious for her comedy hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not to mention she almost runs over his poor toes numerous times! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Change of topic but I’m happy to see Focean babbling/making sound at last. He does seem like a sweet little boy. When is he 2?

Reactions: 11
[/QUOTE]
I think her answer should be "I film tantrums on insta stories & broadcast it to 1.1 million people because I'm so ReLaTaBLe"
[
AS BLOODY IF she has the patience to do that! If foxxxy if frustrated she probably
1. Doesn’t notice because she’s too busy on her phone
OR
2. Calls Kurt to deal with him

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The series of car stories was truly bizarre. It was kind of funny/normal at first when she teased Kurt about going clubbing. But he had a totally healthy response, so she just doubled down and made it so weird. She wants him to be jealous but so many of her behavior and mannerisms are just not... sexual? Alluring? I really hate saying tit like that because being sexy or attractive varies from person to person. But her whole vibe just throws up a wall. I’d never want to approach her in public, let alone to pick her up.

Also, her “fake anger” towards Fox was totally lost on the kid. You literally see him look forward to her the first time because he’s checking for facial cues and body language that would tell him if she is really mad or playing with him. But then he just sees himself in the phone and he’s like “uh...” I don’t think he was upset or scared or anything crazy (so let’s not get frothy). However, stuff like that is going to make it hard for him to socialize with others as he gets older.

Reactions: 40
C03CE890-C6EA-46F7-8873-13C160AD3EC7.jpeg

I’m just posting this for 2 reasons.

1. I’m not sure if you are aware but Sarah is an XS. Please remember this because it does seem to be the most important part of this campaign.
2. FFS if you are modelling your own clothes buy an iron

That is all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Why do they even bother shooting campaigns when they use selfies for the website and release the video with the products, which means it's irrelevant because people buy her stuff in the first minutes after launch (or never as we can see with all her left over stock from last time). It's all just to entertain princess Sarah?

And why did she upload the conversation about drinking? She says she never ever drinks or craves a drink. And now Kurt says she has had some drinks in the last 3 years? Right after she says it has been like 7 years since the last time? I mean it explains why they did that Mazda shoot where they had wine in the desert or something. It's just so weird that really everything she says is a lie and her timeline gets to distorted when she talks about past events.

And he was definitely eating while driving. That's why she was looking over but kept the camera on her so people won't notice.

• Angry
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.