Sarah's Day #14 Critic banning, stan scamming, wedding planning & fake tanning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lips! The tan! I just canā€™t handle the blatant cultural appropriation. Her poses and face are just laughable but how she is the SAME SKIN TONE AS THE WOC MODEL?! Wtaf?! How did WF approve this?
All these photos have me completley shocked. They really are a step too far, they are photoshopped so much, like her eye colour is brown in this photo? She is glamourising the whole "fake barbie" aesthetic and marketing. This idea is SO outdated and I feel so sorry for the young impressionable girls looking at these images thinking you need to be fake tanned, airbrushed skin, photoshopped, hair extensioned to an inch of your life so be considered "pretty". Sarah is so far beyond repair now.

Sarah, take your "youtubes holistic health princess" out of your insta handle and replace it with "youtubes biggest sell-out".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
She's literally LITERALLY!! a African black colour! What the actual duck!!!
The lips! The tan! I just canā€™t handle the blatant cultural appropriation. Her poses and face are just laughable but how she is the SAME SKIN TONE AS THE WOC MODEL?! Wtaf?! How did WF approve this?
Sheā€™s mentioned the Kartrashians a few times and I think she has a bit of a weird obsession with them. Maybe sheā€™s trying to look like them?

PoC here. I actually wanted to say I'm not offended by Sarah's tan at all. I used to love her content because I'm a massive health nut - always been an xs, ate a super restrictive GF, DF diet and always loved working out. I just wanted to add that I don't like how some of you think you can speaker on behalf of people of colour, as if PoC are helpless, poor and weak and as if they need white people to defend or protect them. Of course you can be allies but please don't be offended on our behalf.

I come from a generation of PoC who've worked extremely hard to be successful and I've lived a privileged life thanks to my family's hard work. For my mental health and overall well-being when I noticed that Sarah was a bit racist (including all her other issues - restrictive diet, over-exercising) I unfollowed her and found new positive influencers to follow and there are also tons of PoC influencers who are amazing and successful so we really don't need toxic influencers like Sarah to represent us or make us feel included - it wouldn't even be genuine. I don't mean to excuse what she's done as we need to call out people like Sarah but Sarah has been offending PoC for a while now and she's still not cancelled so that tells me that her audience is mainly white and they couldn't care less about cancelling her for offending PoC.

When influencers like Sarah are blatantly racist I move on as outrage isn't going to cancel them as the majority of her fans are people similar to her. Just out of kindness stop speaking on behalf of PoC or getting offended on their behalf it's actually quite offensive. That's my opinion. I only mentioned my family to show that PoC are dynamic, strong and hard working so I think we can speak for ourselves if and when we're offended. Some of the comments I read like she looks "African black" were actually more offensive as PoC are diverse and we already have issues like colourism (so terms like African black are incredibly offensive). Also all the models Sarah has used have been mixed race not actually fully black. People of colour come in all kinds of shades, for instance, my skin is very pale and fair. So please be mindful of your language, where I come from mixed race people donā€™t identify as black, we all come from different countries with different histories - not all black people are American and blacks people arenā€™t always offended by the same things.

I apologize for any typos and mistakes, I was quite upset while writing this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Does anyone follow eightathome? she just mentioned something in her story about how 1 in 4.3 billion females have babies body shape :ROFLMAO: on the same day the barbie campaign goes live hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sheā€™s mentioned the Kartrashians a few times and I think she has a bit of a weird obsession with them. Maybe sheā€™s trying to look like them?

PoC here. I actually wanted to say I'm not offended by Sarah's tan at all. I used to love her content because I'm a massive health nut - always been an xs, ate a super restrictive GF, DF diet and always loved working out. I just wanted to add that I don't like how some of you think you can speaker on behalf of people of colour, as if PoC are helpless, poor and weak and as if they need white people to defend or protect them. Of course you can be allies but please don't be offended on our behalf.

I come from a generation of PoC who've worked extremely hard to be successful and I've lived a privileged life thanks to my family's hard work. For my mental health and overall well-being when I noticed that Sarah was a bit racist (including all her other issues - restrictive diet, over-exercising) I unfollowed her and found new positive influencers to follow and there are also tons of PoC influencers who are amazing and successful so we really don't need toxic influencers like Sarah to represent us or make us feel included - it wouldn't even be genuine. I don't mean to excuse what she's done as we need to call out people like Sarah but Sarah has been offending PoC for a while now and she's still not cancelled so that tells me that her audience is mainly white and they couldn't care less about cancelling her for offending PoC.

When influencers like Sarah are blatantly racist I move on as outrage isn't going to cancel them as the majority of her fans are people similar to her. Just out of kindness stop speaking on behalf of PoC or getting offended on their behalf it's actually quite offensive. That's my opinion. I only mentioned my family to show that PoC are dynamic, strong and hard working so I think we can speak for ourselves if and when we're offended. Some of the comments I read like she looks "African black" were actually more offensive as PoC are diverse and we already have issues like colourism (so terms like African black are incredibly offensive). Also all the models Sarah has used have been mixed race not actually fully black. People of colour come in all kinds of shades, for instance, my skin is very pale and fair. So please be mindful of your language, where I come from mixed race people donā€™t identify as black, we all come from different countries with different histories - not all black people are American and blacks people arenā€™t always offended by the same things.

I apologize for any typos and mistakes, I was quite upset while writing this.
I agree that the "African black" comment was out of order.

Can I ask why you aren't offended by this dark tan? I get you don't want white saviours, and I'm not asking you to "help me help you!", but I want to know what about this isn't offensive?

Reactions: 10
Sarah gives Barbie a bad rep, she is 90ā€˜s Barbie with no brain. I have a 7 year old and I love getting her Barbies, you know they are diverse now, come with different ethnicities, hairstyles and curvy body shape and the males are gay. The ā€žyou can be anythingā€œ range is cool too. Doctor Barbie, scientists Barbie etc. I love it.

Reactions: 17
STOP trying to force the narrative that your kid is a surfer/skater/tradie. He clearly doesnā€™t want to be any of those things. I hope he grows up to be an accountant.

44D90844-6AA0-4F5F-AAE0-DACA09549AA7.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
Sorry Sarah what size do you wear?
Thank goodness she reminded us .. I was just wondering today what size she is!

also does anyone know what date her wedding is? I am planning a trip to Byron for my birthday in May, and fucked if Iā€™m going to be there the same weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I don't get how she says she doesn't drink but then says she can appreciate a wine with a steak, or that Kurt said he's seen her drink maybe three times since they've been together... but that means she has drunk? Does she only defining drinking as getting drunk or something? I don't drink much but I'll still have a couple once a month or so but I don't go around telling people I NEVER DRINK~~~~

Reactions: 25
781F2D59-4998-479D-A61E-0F2DF3D83A14.jpeg
D9CC4E29-4F66-4226-BC73-2C67CE05DE14.jpeg

Black girl or really tan white girl?
Black girl or really ran white girl??
Black girl or really tan white girl??????

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
STOP trying to force the narrative that your kid is a surfer/skater/tradie. He clearly doesnā€™t want to be any of those things. I hope he grows up to be an accountant.

View attachment 334152
HAHAHAH she is such a POSER !!!!
Like settle down mate, this is not what you do. You donā€™t skate before you wake??
Youā€™re at Pilates whilst Fox is still asleep...

far out she is annoying me more and more...

Reactions: 50
I don't get how she says she doesn't drink but then says she can appreciate a wine with a steak, or that Kurt said he's seen her drink maybe three times since they've been together... but that means she has drunk? Does she only defining drinking as getting drunk or something? I don't drink much but I'll still have a couple once a month or so but I don't go around telling people I NEVER DRINK~~~~
I think itā€™s a ā€˜higher-than-thouā€™ thing. Very much like Ashy Bines saying she hates the taste of alcohol so doesnā€™t drink but then will post photos of herself drinking and says sheā€™ll have a ā€œMuScArDoā€ when she goes out.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I think sheā€™s posted those photos on her stories because she knows it will piss people off. She might be hoping for a news article. Drum up some engagement for her expensive collection.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.