Sarah’s Day #10 Tokenistic campaign, sunnee app leaks, Kurt gets no treats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As of 6pm Australian time, the only thing that's sold out are the basic black leggings you could buy anywhere. 6 hours after launch time and most of the stock is still there. FAIL! Sarah, Turd and team you can jerk off to one another in your cronullafornia bubble, but the numbers don't lie - sis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I swear if Im gonna hear one more YEAHHH DE BOYZZZZZZZ I'm gonna f lose it

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
THIS NEW RELAUNCH VIDEO IS DISGUSTING. SHE IS LITERALLY SAYING A BIG EFF YOU TO EVERYONE. What a bratty child. I don't like anything Sarah is about but this is just childish. She has no respect for anyone.

Reactions: 43
For once I am speechless. I am speechless that these people still have a platfrom where they make millions of dollars and this is the tit they pull. Has anyone sent all this information to blakbusiness or celebspellcheck?

Aside from that topic, the concept of the editorial.. There is literally no creative direction. I think I have touched on this topic previously as well but their editorials just scream shallow pinterest concepts. Like if I were to submit this at university I would get a really bad grade cause there is no actual concept. Creative direction is not just thinking "this looks cool so we will do it". A successful editorial is so much more than that. It shows that their campaigns are just to show face and make quick money. Which, fair enough, but don't go around blowing your own horn that this is the coolest concept and your dream vision come to life. Cause it is literally just women being objectified while men ride bikes in the background. Nothing more. Not to mention how overdone and 2010 it all is. But I guess their 14 year-old (no offence to 14 yearolds) stans will eat up anything that they do. I am just annoyed that people think that it is a cool and creative campaign, while there are actual talented people out there with real visions and creative processes. For anyone actually working in the creative industries (like myself), this is just a big middle finger lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The sad thing is, I bet she's having a blast with this conversation, thinking she's being soooo clever and gotten us all riled up.

Ignorance + Narcissism= Sarah.

She's feeling so smug and proud of herself for standing on the shoulders of BIPOC and thinking she got one up on all of us. She cannot comprehend that she is repulsive and this is only an example of her sheer ugliness and racism, not an example of her "winning" the battle.

For once I am speechless. I am speechless that these people still have a platfrom where they make millions of dollars and this is the tit they pull. Has anyone sent all this information to blakbusiness or celebspellcheck?
Who was it that contacted the newspapers before? We should do that again. Her response to cultural appropriation is disgraceful. Anyone else would be cancelled but she keeps skating by. The press should hear about this. So should her sponsors. We got through to Mazda, we can get through to others. Hit her where it hurts for the truly insensitive and abhorrent action she has taken.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I just had to. Unfortunately it falls on deaf ears but maybe if enough mud is thrown, some will stick?
That's a well written comment. I praise your restrain in calling him a bleep, I don't think I could've helped myself if I were you :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Wow, you guys are so right about all you've said about this ad! I just watched and it was so...underwhelming? There are some cool "music video" type shots (Kurt should get into music videos instead of ads imo), but honestly, it doesn't scream "buy these athletic clothes" for me. Like, my favourite ads ever are from Nike and they show athletes and people working out in their clothes. Those ads let me see the clothes in motion and give me an emotional response, like they make me feel motivated to buy the same clothes and become an athlete myself. This ad just makes me feel...nothing?

Firstly, I really don't get the transition of Sarah walking into the shed. She gets onto the bike and you think, oh she's going to ride the bike! Cut to the rest of the video and she stands the entire time. What was the point of showing her getting on the bike if the most she does is sneer at the camera and be the flag girl? That should have been noticed in editing. It's a narrative transition that confuses the viewer. Sorry Kurt.

Secondly, if it wasn't from reading the comments before watching, I honestly would not have got the RISE ABOVE message. Maybe I'm dumb, but RISE ABOVE is such a nothing statement that I wouldn't have equated it to haters and her previous scandals. Also, the ad doesn't reinforce this message in the slightest. If I have to have the "deeper meaning" spelt out to me in big block letters, then you've failed in your message and story-telling. There's no deeper meaning to be found in this ad imo.

Lastly: The "Nutrigrain girl" that Sarah mentioned in her vlog is Caroline Buchanan, and she's super famous not because she's the Nutrigrain girl. She's a two-time Olympian and multiple World Series champion, and a total badass. Being the "Nutrigrain Girl" is the least of her accomplishments, honestly. Not shocked that that's all Sarah cares about though :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 54
Aside from all the (very important) massive issues in the video, I don't really understand why she kept going on about an incredible shoot that's the best thing they've ever done, so tiring, biggest thing ever blah blah... and it's just a short video? like the pictures on the website of the actual pieces are still just mirror selfies of sarah? why didn't they shoot new images of the products too?!?!

Sorry if already been said - not caught up on the conversation!

Reactions: 29
Aside from all the (very important) massive issues in the video, I don't really understand why she kept going on about an incredible shoot that's the best thing they've ever done, so tiring, biggest thing ever blah blah... and it's just a short video? like the pictures on the website of the actual pieces are still just mirror selfies of sarah? why didn't they shoot new images of the products too?!?!

Sorry if already been said - not caught up on the conversation!
The collection didn’t sell well so they have to amp it up with another tacky production (to again lie to people) to make them think there is so much interest in this collection. They are also both pathological liars.

Reactions: 18
Hahahaha this was legit them trying to have a stab at the fact that their original campaign was scrapped. What a waste of time & money for something so tit and petty hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Sarah should just not model ever. Not even for her own collections. Such a bad "model" with one expression (chin up, looking grumpy but probs thinking she looks like a boss and sexy) and I hope she doesn't consider herself a model for doing these collections when her face and posing is just a big fat no.

All her campaigns have made me cringe (her ballet inspired first (?) ad was absolutely diabolical for me as a dancer, just seeing her act as if she is properly trained- even worse having Sophie in the background who is a professional dancer and who Sarah is probably only friends with because she's insanely jealous of her [keep friends close but enemies closer kind of vibe]) but this one takes the cake and just made me laugh.

PS when she undoubtably lets us know (if she already hasn't) that it sold out within mins then here's hard proof on her insta that she's lying her cold little heart out. Surprised she hasn't removed that comment tbh.
Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 09.23.04.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Well, at least he replied right darl? And you know what, if we’re to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that the Rise Above slogan and the radio messages are directed at online bullying, there is still the issue of them making a point of their old campaign - the scowl on Sarah’s face in that scene with the TV screen. That campaign was scraped because of the cultural appropriation of her hairstyle, so they should have just left that out all together. Imagine the PR nightmare if Nike or Adidas or the like filmed something directly relating (on purpose) to what had previously caused that kind of hurt and outrage in an ad of theirs. You just don’t do it.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Wait, so ... the whole point was to put a 1 min 30 second video at the end of some random vlog? Is it on the White Fox website or a separate YouTube channel or something? Cause if it isn't a stand-alone advertisement, I don't see the point.

Actually, even then I wouldn't see the point. It doesn't make sense. I'm a teacher and I'd give it an A for visuals (minus the SHAKY OPENING FOOTAGE, WTF) but a D for concept and story. Why does she walk up to the bike, turn it on, and then not ride it...? Also why do you need activewear to wave a flag on a dirt mound? What a wank fest. The Great Wank Fest of 2020. duck me swinging.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Well, at least he replied right darl? And you know what, if we’re to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that the Rise Above slogan and the radio messages are directed at online bullying, there is still the issue of them making a point of their old campaign - the scowl on Sarah’s face in that scene with the TV screen. That campaign was scraped because of the cultural appropriation of her hairstyle, so they should have just left that out all together. Imagine the PR nightmare if Nike or Adidas or the like filmed something directly relating (on purpose) to what had previously caused that kind of hurt and outrage in an ad of theirs. You just don’t do it.
ah yes kurtle, you did an excellent job of conveying your meaning about rising up against online bullying. I mean, dirt bikes and activewear are THE PERFECT medium to express your ‘message’, I’m not sure how I didn’t think of that before 🙄 but honestly though, what part of the campaign touches at all on bullying (or whatever other bs they’re trying to come up with) except for MAYBE the radio at the start, but even that’s a stretch (and only comprises about 2 sec of the whole ad). IMO they should have just scrapped the dEePeR mEaNiNg because whilst it wouldn’t make it any better of a campaign, it might at least make me a littttleee bit less confused and pissed off

• Heart
Reactions: 30
ah yes kurtle, you did an excellent job of conveying your message about rising up against online bullying. I mean, dirt bikes and activewear are THE PERFECT medium to express your ‘message’, I’m not sure how I didn’t think of that before honestly 🙄 but honestly though, what part of the campaign touches at all on bullying (or whatever other bs they’re trying to come up with) except for MAYBE the radio at the start, but even that’s a stretch (and only comprises about 2 sec of the whole ad). IMO they should have just scrapped the dEePeR mEaNiNg because whilst it wouldn’t make it any better of a campaign, it might at least make me a littttleee bit less confused and pissed off
100%! It’s such a stretch. They would have had someone looking in to the lens with the words of online comments/bullying behind them. Showed screenshots of people hate messages. Or they would have added more to the radio segment. Instead they have chosen statements relating to what happened to them, which makes it very confusing when it’s paired with the old campaign image, motorbikes, and a Rise Above slogan. It’s all unrelated to eachother and confusing.

Reactions: 21
Ew, calling you "darl". Who does he think he is 😂🤮 so condescending

• Sick
Reactions: 49
Well, at least he replied right darl?
ok let’s take that at face value - if it was about online bullying and rising above it, cool. But... it’s an active wear shoot, on a farm with motocross riders. Like it just does not make any literal sense at all!

edit: sorry I didn’t see the other comments before posting

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.