Sarah This Mama Life #5 Robs going away, Granny can’t stay, sausages every day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's not used to parenting!! She does her errands on Thursdays when she sends Lachlan away!!!

Sarah.... Start being a proper loving mother!!!!!

Reactions: 6
These times are hard. I'm also trying to work from home (also an essential worker similar to hers). Different is my child is my main priority. I get up early to start work, work after I have put my child to bed and try and fit work in around my child whilst for Sarah it looks like the children have to fit round work and instagram stories.

Reactions: 3
These times are hard. I'm also trying to work from home (also an essential worker similar to hers). Different is my child is my main priority. I get up early to start work, work after I have put my child to bed and try and fit work in around my child whilst for Sarah it looks like the children have to fit round work and instagram stories.
I do the exact same. My workstation is my dining table, I wouldn't dream of being upstairs and leaving them to their own devices. My children wouldn't be happy on their own either, they need to know I am close by.
I have been tending to take a 2hour lin h break and catch up once they are in bed in the evening.
Every employer has to be understanding given the circumstances which we find ourselves in. I am sure if Sarah told her bosses that she would be doing 2 hours on 2 hours off for example, they would be understanding. The difference is, it doesn't come across like they are her priority.
Leaving them alone in the garden is not safe at all though, especially with that new climbing frame. Lachlan especially needs supervision on there.

Reactions: 5
Could Isla’s dinner portion be any smaller?! Why is she eating out of a tiny plastic bowl?

She’s 6!!!!!! Give her a proper meal on a bleeping China dinner plate!!!!!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think her kids must snack a lot during the day as the tiny portions for lunch and dinner are not nearly enough. Isla's portion was ridiculous.

Reactions: 1
I will never understand the desire - no, the urge - to share every mundane thing. Like having to tidy the garden? Just go and do it? Or share one photo of the kids playing, and engage the rest of the time, rather than filming set up, during and after..? I don't get it.

Why does she even need to
Tidy the damn garden?!!! Just leave it. It’s fine.
Jesus Christ how does this woman get through the day, she makes a drama out of every mundane detail.

Reactions: 7
She should just work downstairs! I'm working from home with the kids and it isn't that bad as long as I'm working somewhere they can see me
Same here - I’ve moved my desk downstairs, it was impossible to work when I’m upstairs and they’re downstairs. But no she has to have her big boss mama office 🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I can’t get over how little she feeds her children for their lunch. Such small portions!

Reactions: 4
I can’t get over how little she feeds her children for their lunch. Such small portions!

It’s ridiculous.

She should scrap the bloody crisps and slices of cake and give each of them a proper portion of fruit instead of 1 strawberry (presumably Lachlan’s plate?)
Isla is 6. She could easily have a proper sandwich and a banana (whole, in its skin, eaten like an adult!) and a good helping of strawberries. I wonder if Sarah will be serving their meals like this when they are in their teens?

Reactions: 9
I
It’s ridiculous.

She should scrap the bloody crisps and slices of cake and give each of them a proper portion of fruit instead of 1 strawberry (presumably Lachlan’s plate?)
Isla is 6. She could easily have a proper sandwich and a banana (whole, in its skin, eaten like an adult!) and a good helping of strawberries. I wonder if Sarah will be serving their meals like this when they are in their teens?
I know I can’t get over it. My four year old eats a whole apple and a whole banana a day! Plus lots more and there’s nothing to him. Hollow legs as my mother law says. I do wonder if she projects her own feelings of food onto her children or they’re constantly snacking.
The way she shares food pics also leads me to think she’s trying to seek validation of being a good parent/staying on top of her own disordered eating.

I think its funny she skimps on the healthy stuff but they had jelly, cake and crisps!

Isn't is sad that this seems to be the first time she's playing with them, setting up activities etc and making them meals (even if they are very unhealthy meals)

9CDAEFBD-761E-4B17-B112-57968726DDA6.jpeg

How ironic that the “fun” spelling of this product is actually the way that Sarah pronounces the word “bath” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We all have days that are better that others and some days when let’s be honest, we are pleased to see the back of.

Why is she not able to control her children? As a parent who frequently is on her own whilst her partner is away how is she not able to take her children for a walk along a road with confidence in their behaviour? What exactly does she do when she has to go out shopping/errands with the children whilst in her own? Life doesn’t stop!

It’s a bit different at the moment because there is no option but to keep apart from usual support networks but she seems to lack any resilience.

Walking near a road needn’t be stressful. The children will learn how to behave appropriately if taught and given the opportunity to try.

Do they not have to walk to school (normally)? That seems like a perfect chance to practise.
She's only worried about Lachlan she just doesn't want to single him out, and that's because he is always in a pushchair so never has any experience walking and listening to her. No wonder he flees when he gets on foot, probably running for his life not to get strapped back down in a pram at three and a half.

Reactions: 6
Does she realise that Isla has a hot meal for lunch at school...a hot meal with a pudding and extra fruit/bread if wanted.

Now she’s getting half a sandwich, a few crisps and 3 slices of apple.

• Wow
Does she realise that Isla has a hot meal for lunch at school...a hot meal with a pudding and extra fruit/bread if wanted.

Now she’s getting half a sandwich, a few crisps and 3 slices of apple.
L would get a hot meal too at nursery.

I wonder if she's gone all out again for I's second birthday 🙄

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.