Sarah This Mama Life #5 Robs going away, Granny can’t stay, sausages every day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is such a paradox... obsessed with babies. Permanently broody. And yet one of the least maternal women I have ever seen.
I think it must of always been drummed into her from a young age that little girls get married and have babies and thats why she loves the idea of babies. Theyre a statues symbol and nothing else.

Who could really be arsed filming while they fix a curtain pole, really? Last thing I’d be thinking was, oh better film this for people to watch.

Reactions: 4
She needs to put rawl plugs into the brickwork.....
Or she could just buy more curtain runners for the existing curtain tracks. This is exactly what we did for the 3 quarters we lived in over 6 years before buying our house.
However I do sympathise with the headache of things breaking as soon as a deployment starts. We had a bedroom ceiling come down over Christmas week because the header tank burst up in the attic whilst mid deployment with two children under 3. Call it resilience, character building whatever but I never felt compelled to film it!

Day 2(?) and the kids are already playing her up. Its gonna be a long isolation for her!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why does she constantly play the martyr? Having to stay up until 2am..... no. Just go to bed. Nothing you do is that important- whatever it is will keep until tomorrow.
God she’s annoying.

Reactions: 14
Can she not appreciate how hard things must be for the kids? Not only have they had their normal life taken away from them.. no school, nursery, outings or classes, etc and they're confined to the house. But now their dad has gone away for 6 months. Of course this is going to show in their behaviour. Put your phone and laptop down Sarah. Anything else that isnt for your actual proper job can wait. Yes you have the right to be sad that Rob has gone away and that you're having to work from home with the kids there, but dont let your mood have a negative effect on the kids. Save it for when they're in bed. Or if you're finding it too hard to juggle everything, I'm sure you can ask to be furloughed if you're finding your job impossible whilst having the kids at home (could be totally wrong?). If I can afford to be furloughed on my already horrifically paid job then I'm sure you can! Dont wallow in self pity. Put those kids first and sort out the situation you've found yourself in if you feel that bad about it.

Reactions: 14
Can she not appreciate how hard things must be for the kids? Not only have they had their normal life taken away from them.. no school, nursery, outings or classes, etc and they're confined to the house. But now their dad has gone away for 6 months. Of course this is going to show in their behaviour. Put your phone and laptop down Sarah. Anything else that isnt for your actual proper job can wait. Yes you have the right to be sad that Rob has gone away and that you're having to work from home with the kids there, but dont let your mood have a negative effect on the kids. Save it for when they're in bed. Or if you're finding it too hard to juggle everything, I'm sure you can ask to be furloughed if you're finding your job impossible whilst having the kids at home (could be totally wrong?). If I can afford to be furloughed on my already horrifically paid job then I'm sure you can! Dont wallow in self pity. Put those kids first and sort out the situation you've found yourself in if you feel that bad about it.
Of course she can afford it. Civil servants are not badly paid compared to many other workers (and I am speaking as someone with over thirty years in the civil service) she must have a decent second income from Instagram and YouTube with all the ads she does and they still have Rob’s wage coming in. Anyone know what grade she is at work? The government are guaranteeing 80% of salary if you are unable to work. She must be saving way more than the missing 20% by not eating out and going to Costa at every fart’s end!

Reactions: 7
I think she would prefer to be furloughed from her job as 'Mama' than her actual job. She'll be finding a way to get the children put in school and nursery rather than take time off to spend with them.
100% agree now is the time to give the youtube and instagram work a rest and put the children's needs first.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why did she “spend ages” last night making a compilation video of deployments and homecomings? Is that what she meant by “so much work to do” and being up until 2am? Totally unnecessary work and waste of time! Get some sleep so you can focus on the kids and your actual job woman! YouTube videos should be the lowest priority right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am finding it hard to have much sympathy for her when she is on saying she’s up till 2am working. She needs to pack in the youtube and Instagram crap just now which would give a lot of extra time that she is clearly needing. I can sympathise with her in terms of her husband going away, mine is 8 weeks in to a 12 week stint and in these times it’s particularly hard. But she could help herself a lot by not staying up till 2am doing pointless tit - she does not need to money she just needs the praise from the strangers which is plain selfish.

Reactions: 13
Oh my days she’s really riding the sympathy train isn’t she, she does realise the whole country are doing this doesn’t she. The single mums working from home with no financial security & they have no other choice but to try and make it work, the key workers on the front line, working to SAVE LIVES and then come home knowing they are putting their families at risk, we are all bleeping working from home, some of us have never had help from family or money to pay nursery’s or after school clubs at every opportunity even when not needed. What’s funny is she’s finding it so difficult cos she’s never really had to juggle her kids and work like everyone else coz she’s outsources most of it and then has 2 days a week to herself for nails, hair, Botox etc.

hope she stops moaning at some point this week. She’s so busy but has time to update Instagram every 5 minutes. The deployments / homecoming thing WOWjust WOW she just sees it all as one massive cash cow doesn’t she. Playing on people’s emotions yet not looking after her children’s emotions and feelings.

Anyway I wish this god awful pandemic had never happened but if there was ever one bit of good to come from it, it’s this selfish twit actually having to parent & not have all her me time. Hopefully she actually starts enjoying this time with her children and stop moaning.

Reactions: 10
Oh my. Up until the early hours making a montage of past deployments?! No one gives a duck. I feel for her situation, I really do. I’ve no idea how anyone who has a partner who works away for long periods does it. And we’re all struggling through this current situation as best we can. But we don’t need a rehash of your woes Sarah, live for now and take care of your kids. Don’t for the love of God play the martyr when you’re making extra ‘work’ for yourself. Jeez

Reactions: 9
Knew she would absolutely milk the deployment situation for all it’s worth.

Those kids will be in school/nursery within the week. She’s not going to be able to handle it, you can already see it in her.

The nonsense about making a film showing all of the deployment goodbyes and homecomings.... why? Seriously, why? If anyone wants to see that I’m sure they can go back through her videos and watch them? Why is she spending her time - time that she says she doesn’t have - sitting up until 2AM putting that together?? Get a grip.

Reactions: 8
Why did she “spend ages” last night making a compilation video of deployments and homecomings? Is that what she meant by “so much work to do” and being up until 2am? Totally unnecessary work and waste of time! Get some sleep so you can focus on the kids and your actual job woman! YouTube videos should be the lowest priority right now.
This this and this again. Also why did she feel the need to apologise for her radio silence yesterday evening? I’m pretty certain that NOBODY missed her stories documenting every! single! thing! I know she says YouTube / insta are her job but only if doing brand work or paid work. The way she behaves is like she works for her followers. Like the way she’s stayed up until daft o’clock doing that video ‘for new followers’. Why? Why would you stay up that late when you know you’ve got to work full time from home the next day and also look after two small kids. It’s just stupid.

Reactions: 12
Why is she feeling anxious about looking after her own children?
Why is she classed as a 'keyworker'?
She has no qualms normally of putting L in when Islas off ect or keeping him their till close when they staff probably just wanna go home so why is she so worried now?

Reactions: 6
I have no idea what grade she is but I get the impression she is either a grade 1 or 2 which is an Administrative Assistant or Administrative Officer, maybe a grade 3 Executive officer?

She needs to have an honest conversation with her employers about how much work she is expected to do whilst working from home. I am almost certain that her employers could adjust her hours and work load to take into account the school closures and the fact her husband has deployed.

Equally if furlough is an option her job would be protected and an income guaranteed from her company. Her rent would be easily covered and they have the addition on Longer Separation Allowance also know as ‘sea pay’ which is handy now Rob has deployed. It starts at about £7 a day and goes up incrementally to about £34 a day depending on how many days of separated service is Accrued.

it’s a case of Sarah not prioritising things. Family life has to come first, especially as they have the privilege of safe and suitable housing, the ability to be able to work from home.

Insta and YT should be an addition which can be put on hold whilst she finds her feet.

I feel she is going about this is a strange way. Strip things back and concentrate on what absolutely has to be done and build on that.
Who things the children will be placed back in school/nursery? She and the children will absolutely be able to adjust to things and have fun together as they work it out as a 3. In my experience the children and I have come together as a little team. The weight of responsibility is heavy on your shoulders which a really difficult feeling to get used to and I feel for her and I know the unusual circumstances of lock down will be only adding to her worries. Surely this is the time to wind down on all the additional stuff? I hope she feels more settled soon.

Sarah's ad..... "lime crushers make me so nostalgic because I remember the adverts from when I was younger"
For me the term "when I was younger" would mean "when I was a child" "a long time a go" because obviously everything yesterday onwards is when you were younger.... So to my terms, Sarah is nostalgic about an advert she rembers from when she was 24 🤔 she talk such utter shite. Are they paid by the word count? Cos she really adds in shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why does she constantly play the martyr? Having to stay up until 2am..... no. Just go to bed. Nothing you do is that important- whatever it is will keep until tomorrow.
God she’s annoying.

Because she’s not happy unless she doing her whole ‘woe is me’ routine, she’s a massive attention seeker and reminds me of those people you get on Facebook and who write those cryptic statuses just so people message them asking if everything is ok!

Surely it would have made sense to try and get Lachlan going to sleep on his own while Rob was still there? Instead of her having to do it on her own? She could have gradually started leaving him etc

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.