Sarah This Mama Life #5 Robs going away, Granny can’t stay, sausages every day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely it would have made sense to try and get Lachlan going to sleep on his own while Rob was still there? Instead of her having to do it on her own? She could have gradually started leaving him etc
It would of made sense to leave them both in seperate rooms!

Reactions: 12
She's made this rod for her own back, they used to go to sleep at the same time when they were in separate rooms but because she wanted her blogger boss babe office, she can't cope with them both in the same room going to sleep. You've made your bed Sarah, lie in it.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand why she can’t see that all of these issues have been caused by her selfish decision to put the kids in the same room. Both the kids were apparently fine and able to go to sleep independently when they were in separate rooms so why on earth would you rock the boat and put them in the same room, in bunk beds no less?! It makes no sense at all. Why would you ever think it was a good idea to duck with the bedtime routine if it was working for both the kids as it was?!

This woman is infuriating sometimes.

Reactions: 11
She should get Lachlan a single bed, give him his room back. Work in her dining room or living room once the kids are in bed, all problems sorted surely. Then during the day the kids could be in the living room / garden while she works 🤷‍♀️ That's what i would do, she's so selfish giving the kids one room of the house to share.

She used to have her computer set up in the dining area. That would make much more sense (if she is intending to keep them at home). I strongly suspect she will try and get them into school / nursery or she will go up to Scotland.

Under normal circumstances she is very reliant on outside help with the kids when Rob is away. It must be extremely hard for military families when one of the parents is deployed, especially during these unprecedented times but Sarah spends so little time with her children at the best of times so to suddenly have to spend time actually looking after them herself with no Granny, babysitter, in-laws to offload them onto I don't think she will cope.

Reactions: 7
She used to have her computer set up in the dining area. That would make much more sense (if she is intending to keep them at home). I strongly suspect she will try and get them into school / nursery or she will go up to Scotland.

Under normal circumstances she is very reliant on outside help with the kids when Rob is away. It must be extremely hard for military families when one of the parents is deployed, especially during these unprecedented times but Sarah spends so little time with her children at the best of times so to suddenly have to spend time actually looking after them herself with no Granny, babysitter, in-laws to offload them onto I don't think she will cope.
I can imagine her sending L back to nursery but keeping I at home because "shes old enough to entertain herself"

Reactions: 9
What is she raging for in her latest story?
because the cat pissed on the bed and she had to wash the sheets 🙄 just another reason for us to feel sorry for her.
Also, why does she feel the need to take photos of the kid’s lunch every day? It’s the same each day?

because the cat pissed on the bed and she had to wash the sheets 🙄 just another reason for us to feel sorry for her.
Also, why does she feel the need to take photos of the kid’s lunch every day? It’s the same each day?
Although one had raisens and one didnt 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She should just work downstairs! I'm working from home with the kids and it isn't that bad as long as I'm working somewhere they can see me

Reactions: 9
She should just work downstairs! I'm working from home with the kids and it isn't that bad as long as I'm working somewhere they can see me
Yeah she’s going to need to adapt a bit - work at the kitchen table or something so she can actually watch the kids. Don’t think it’s appropriate that she’s upstairs buried in work and the kids are doing as they please in the garden.

She just needs to get organised. I set up activities the night before. Lay out different books, toys and colouring each day to keep them interested. And use my lunch break to get outside and play with them and then eat my lunch during work hours at my desk.

Honestly it's not hard. Being on the front line is hard.

Reactions: 5
Not appropriate AT ALL to leave 2 children - one that’s 3 years old downstairs/in the garden left to their own devices.
She needs to bring the computer downstairs, so she can oversee/ hear what’s going on.
It’s fair enough nipping upstairs to the toilet or to put washing away or whatever but not sat doing work expecting them to just sit & watch tv whilst she works - an accident WILL happen.

Why does she have to make everything so much more difficult than it needs to be? If she can’t see she needs to adapt the way she works at home then she’s even more crazy than I thought

Reactions: 8
Looks like her girl boss office was a waste of time then.
Ofcourse it was, it always was going to be. She just needed it for her ego.

I didnt watch all of her deployment video but its definitely alot of Isla. Why was Ls birth video in there?

Reactions: 4
Surely her kids should be able to walk sensibly by a Road by now? Especially Isla! Plus, the roads are pretty much empty round here now. How can she find every single thing so stressful?

Surely her kids should be able to walk sensibly by a Road by now? Especially Isla! Plus, the roads are pretty much empty round here now. How can she find every single thing so stressful?
Because shes never had to parent. This isolation has thrown her right into the deep end and I know I for one am enjoying watching her struggle. Shows she shouldnt rely on others to look after her children!

We all have days that are better that others and some days when let’s be honest, we are pleased to see the back of.

Why is she not able to control her children? As a parent who frequently is on her own whilst her partner is away how is she not able to take her children for a walk along a road with confidence in their behaviour? What exactly does she do when she has to go out shopping/errands with the children whilst in her own? Life doesn’t stop!

It’s a bit different at the moment because there is no option but to keep apart from usual support networks but she seems to lack any resilience.

Walking near a road needn’t be stressful. The children will learn how to behave appropriately if taught and given the opportunity to try.

Do they not have to walk to school (normally)? That seems like a perfect chance to practise.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.