Sarah This Mama Life #5 Robs going away, Granny can’t stay, sausages every day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is probably going to sound really insensitive but did they all need to go to Brize Norton? We’re in a freaking lock down! They live near his base (so she’s implied) couldn’t he have got a lift with a group being deployed together or something? Surely the navy could have organised for him to get there without her having to drive him. The kids are at the very least gonna have to pee once on that journey in a public place. A goodbyes a goodbye even if it was a few hours earlier at home.

Reactions: 6
This is probably going to sound really insensitive but did they all need to go to Brize Norton? We’re in a freaking lock down! They live near his base (so she’s implied) couldn’t he have got a lift with a group being deployed together or something? Surely the navy could have organised for him to get there without her having to drive him. The kids are at the very least gonna have to pee once on that journey in a public place. A goodbyes a goodbye even if it was a few hours earlier at home.
He would be entitled to get a car from the Motor transport section or certainly have a car and driver to take him to the Airport. He would have had other members his ships company on the same flight too so car sharing would have been an option and is actually encouraged by the military.
I know it is down to personal choice but I feel it’s less disruptive for the children to have a farewell at home. We have 5 deployments between us and 3 of those I have been at home with the children.

Reactions: 3
But she needs the pictures for the gram. A picture saying goodbye in the house wouldnt have the same effect for her.

Reactions: 12
But she needs the pictures for the gram. A picture saying goodbye in the house wouldnt have the same effect for her.
Deployments are hard for everyone,The service person, the partner staying behind and children. However, I question her judgement as it is a wholly unnecessary trip as the military are able to provide motor transport as well as the very simple fact WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC and have been advised against all unnecessary travel! In my experience, children adapt well and model the behaviour the witness. He is going away to do his job, one that at times is not with out risk and the whole family are enduring separation but it is a part of the life they lead. I find it uncomfortable that she had manipulated it for ‘content’.

Reactions: 12
Deployments are hard for everyone,The service person, the partner staying behind and children. However, I question her judgement as it is a wholly unnecessary trip as the military are able to provide motor transport as well as the very simple fact WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC and have been advised against all unnecessary travel! In my experience, children adapt well and model the behaviour the witness. He is going away to do his job, one that at times is not with out risk and the whole family are enduring separation but it is a part of the life they lead. I find it uncomfortable that she had manipulated it for ‘content’.
Ofcourse shes manipulated it for content, thats her whole life. She only uses L when she needs content and I also think she thought the kittens would bring her the likes but they went down like a lead balloon.

Reactions: 7
Surely it would have been far nicer for all concerned if they had said goodbye privately at home? No need at all to drive to BN with the kids. Even if we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic, I still don’t think it’s necessary. But yeah, it had to be used as Instagram fodder, of course.

Part of me thinks the reason for her driving up there is so she gets to spend a few hours driving and it's less time at home alone with the kids.

Just watched her IG TV post, she spoke about how it was affecting Isla but not a word of concern for Lachlan. Poor boy , always an afterthought

• Sad
I’m sorry but this is ridiculous

She’s saying goodbye to her husband and she’s there, holding her bloody phone aloft, filming it.

duck off. Put your phone away, stop thinking about bloody Instagram or you tube and live your life in the real world. Not for content or likes.

I actually find it really vulgar how she films and uses everything for Instagram content. It’s a very messed up way of living and it isn’t real life.

Reactions: 20
Absolutely agree. When Rob returned from deployment last time and she had to set the camera up so that she could film it. One with her jumping into his arms, one with the children running to him.

What must those children make of the life their mother is putting on them. Re-filming moments of their lives over again so that she can show the perfect one. It is nuts. Seriously nuts.

Reactions: 9
Absolutely agree. When Rob returned from deployment last time and she had to set the camera up so that she could film it. One with her jumping into his arms, one with the children running to him.

What must those children make of the life their mother is putting on them. Re-filming moments of their lives over again so that she can show the perfect one. It is nuts. Seriously nuts.
Omg I get filming the moment they return but to do it twice???

Reactions: 1
I hate she doesnt think itll affect L. Hes nearly 4, hes a proper little person now with thoughts and feelings!

All that way to say goodbye in a carpark 🙄

Reactions: 3
I grew up with a military father and we went through a fair few deployments. My mum always got photos of us all together when dad returned and I remember the count down and excitement but I really don’t remember much about saying goodbye and there definitely aren’t any sad photos to look back at.
I certainly didn’t have to pose for photos 🙄

Also when Isla was 3 or 4 Sarah was doing everything possible to help her cope but now she’s doing nothing for Lachlan. Poor kid.

Reactions: 10
Its the two grapes and one strawberry that baffle me! You would give a 1 year old more than that!
I honestly think she is OBSESSED with babies and so infantilises everything for a long as possible. I get that it’s hard to see them grow up But it’s strange !

I honestly think she is OBSESSED with babies and so infantilises everything for a long as possible. I get that it’s hard to see them grow up But it’s strange !
She is such a paradox... obsessed with babies. Permanently broody. And yet one of the least maternal women I have ever seen.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.