Sarah This Mama Life #17 Dumped at nursery day and night, free Lachlan the poor wee mite!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a great car traveller and would feel yuk sitting in the back all night trying to sleep so poor kids must be suffering. Hope they don’t get car sick 🤢. Surely today will be a write off so they may as well travel during the day and have a few stop offs for a run around / stretch even if they do it in one day. If you had the choice I don’t know many with children that would choose overnight. Utterly bizarre.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a great car traveller and would feel yuk sitting in the back all night trying to sleep so poor kids must be suffering. Hope they don’t get car sick 🤢. Surely today will be a write off so they may as well travel during the day and have a few stop offs for a run around / stretch even if they do it in one day. If you had the choice I don’t know many with children that would choose overnight. Utterly bizarre.
I don’t understand why, if the insist on driving up, they don’t at least break it up with a day or two stop over somewhere mid way? A night somewhere to at least get a meal/stretch the legs/get a proper sleep and then arrive at her parents mid day or whatever and be fully functional and not turning up in that state

Reactions: 8
I imagine it’s because if poor Sarah is tired from driving all night then her parents will take over parenting as soon as they arrive and set out the pattern for Sarah’s holiday.

Reactions: 9
More so they done it on a Monday you've had two free days straight before can't blame annual leave this time! She does everything arse to elbow honestly why would u put the kids through that???? I avoid night time flights because I think its to much disruption for my 4 year old!

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand why, if the insist on driving up, they don’t at least break it up with a day or two stop over somewhere mid way? A night somewhere to at least get a meal/stretch the legs/get a proper sleep and then arrive at her parents mid day or whatever and be fully functional and not turning up in that state
It is totally bizarre. It is just so weird and rude. I know my parents wouldn’t be able to sleep until we arrived so they would be up all night and then to come clattering in with 2 small tired children?

I just don’t get her. We drive up to Scotland frequently and always have our stops planned out. In fact, they are always planned out for any journey. As for driving out of your way for Leon - just no words for that. Again, so selfish - who cares if it extends the journey and parents have to stay up later. If I was doing that, my siblings would be having a serious word.

Oh - and the stops are to suit the children snd let them have a run around. Not do we can get some tired burger from a motorway franchise 🙈

Reactions: 6
Ugh imagine turning up at nearly 6am ffs. So selfish. I bet she’ll be on her own in 3…2…1…
Another reason it’s incredibly selfish - we all know kids that age don’t do lie ins. Kids don’t understand even if they have a late night they sleep longer. But no doubt she will. So that’ll be lovely for her parents 🙄

And why didn’t they stop at robs?!

Reactions: 7
Frankly it seems a bit cruel. I’d plan for it to be as comfortable as possible. It would be so much kinder for everyone, them both as well if they broke the journey over night at a travel lodge or somewhere.
Children love a hotel trip even if it’s just for the night whilst on the road. It’s not as if she doesn’t like to spend money!

Starting the day after a good sleep in a bed, fresh and after a breakfast.
That way they’d arrive at a civilised hour at her parents.

Will they be driving through the night The day before school starts.

At least L will have some time off from nursery before beginning reception.

Reactions: 5
It is probably a Wilcox family tradition. We know how much Sarah loves her family traditions. Maybe the Wilcox family always picked the most ridiculous time to travel too.

Knowing Sarah, she will probably leave the kids with her parents after ‘her’ holiday finishes then go back up to collect them the day before they go back to school.

So she had a hotel stay when the floors were being laid but not to break up a 10 hour journey?! Insane.

Reactions: 18
Just adding a pointless comment really to express my utter disbelief at this journey. I cannot wrap my head around it all, it cannot be good for children to sleep in the car all night? I think she may actually be unhinged.

Reactions: 12
Frankly it seems a bit cruel. I’d plan for it to be as comfortable as possible. It would be so much kinder for everyone, them both as well if they broke the journey over night at a travel lodge or somewhere.
Children love a hotel trip even if it’s just for the night whilst on the road. It’s not as if she doesn’t like to spend money!

Starting the day after a good sleep in a bed, fresh and after a breakfast.
That way they’d arrive at a civilised hour at her parents.

L will be back at nursery when they return home, even if its for a week.
If he had left then surely we would have had a post on it? Didnt she make a cap for Isla when she left? I suppose though she might not make the effort for L.

They don’t need a hotel, they could stop at Rob’s parents for a night. All so bizarre.

Lunch hour shopping. Into town when her parents are out of town. 🙄

so this woman has no dresses that she could have packed all day yesterday before they set off at bedtime….

She must be on something surely? She never stops to just take in the moment. As soon as she's in Scotland the kids are dumped and shes out shopping. Its crazy behaviour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.