Sarah This Mama Life #16 Neeps & Tatties for tea, I’m so Scottish look at me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she does it to justify shipping them off to Scotland. She’s an incredibly selfish person. I use all of my annual leave on covering the school holidays, and so does my husband. We rarely get any days off together all year as we have to split it. As much as that sucks I find the frantic ‘where are the kids going to go’ such an awful pit in my stomach I’d rather just do it this way for a few years. She has issues, she still behaves like a 12 year old in many ways.

Reactions: 15
Did she say she lived in Doha?! I’ve missed some of her stories so didn’t see this great reveal!

Reactions: 1
I’ve missed quite a bit. Can someone explain what she was complaining about regarding childcare over the holidays?

She hates losing days/nights to headaches but is happy to lose her sons baby years to nursery?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I’ve missed quite a bit. Can someone explain what she was complaining about regarding childcare over the holidays?
She hasn’t organised anything and has suddenly realised she’s got to parent her kids for the holidays whilst juggling work, like many working mums do. Or she’s trying to work out how to justify the long drive to Scotland and dumping them on her parents for weeks.
🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
She hasn’t organised anything and has suddenly realised she’s got to parent her kids for the holidays whilst juggling work, like many working mums do. Or she’s trying to work out how to justify the long drive to Scotland and dumping them on her parents for weeks.
🤦‍♀️
Thank you. There is a fantastic week long sports camp which is run over two weeks at the beginning of the holidays, at bases local to her. They are hugely subsidised by one of the military charities and are purely for Naval Service families.

She really has missed a trick if she hasn’t booked I in on one. You have to be 5 so it wouldn’t work for both of her children this year

I simply cannot fathom how she and Rob failed to sort out summer child care plans! I don’t know about you all but I’m certainly thinking about it from after the summer half term.

Reactions: 15
Maybe her parents have woken up to her using her holiday for her own selfish reasons and have said they won’t have the kids for weeks on end. Sarah’s taken them for granted long enough I’d love this to be the year they said “enough”. Maybe her mum’s a secret Tattler

Reactions: 7
Thank you. There is a fantastic week long sports camp which is run over two weeks at the beginning of the holidays, at bases local to her. They are hugely subsidised by one of the military charities and are purely for Naval Service families.

She really has missed a trick if she hasn’t booked I in on one. You have to be 5 so it wouldn’t work for both of her children this year

I simply cannot fathom how she and Rob failed to sort out summer child care plans! I don’t know about you all but I’m certainly thinking about it from after the summer half term.
Ridiculous. I have a spreadsheet for each child which shows where they are each day. Mine can't go to the same clubs like hers. I started sorting mine out as soon as clubs and other provisions were advertised. I've got leave, hubby has leave and my mum is helping us a couple of days. Massively irresponsible not to arrange something for them. Kids need to be kept busy, they're going to be so bored at home with Sarah.

Reactions: 6
Our school email most days about the summer holiday program they have this year and spaces remaining. But Sarah wouldn’t be relatable and on brand if she didn’t moan about absolutely bleeping everything to do with her inconveniences…sorry I mean her children.

Reactions: 9
Control freak Sarah would have set up plans for childcare months ago. She only says that for engagement and to appear like a hardworking mother struggling with sorting out work and arrangements for the kids.

They will be with Grannie and holiday camps because God forbid she takes time off to be with her children.

I can not believe she didn't bother to do anything special with Lachlan one on one before Isla broke up from school. She will never get this time back again but no trip to a theme park or day out somewhere special before everything is busy in the holidays.

Reactions: 16
Surely L will be at nursery until the day before he starts school? Unless of course they arrive back from Scotland at 2 am that morning.

Does the school have weeks of half days as a transition? Surely that will send Sarah over the edge!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I don’t get how she doesn’t realise this is such a big deal for him. She’s going to regret this and bemoan not spending more time with him when she could. We had a nice lunch just with our preschooler for a treat before his big bro breaks up because, even though they won’t realise, it meant something to us.

Just to add - yes it was a cafe but there was chocolate milkshake and toys and it was child friendly not a bloody Costa 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.