Sarah This Mama Life #16 Neeps & Tatties for tea, I’m so Scottish look at me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly can’t fathom how Rob is so seemingly submissive and just lets her do whatever she wants even when it’s a poor decision or something that’s blatantly a bad idea.

they bought the house and he had never even viewed it! Who does that?! Why? it wasn’t like the actually needed to leave the military rental, they could have waited until Rob was back home and then looked at houses together like any normal couple.

he doesn’t seem to have any input into anything. we can all see the issues with that carpet - it’s a bad idea - you’d think he would see it and say no, let’s look for something more practical.

Rob just seems like an absolute waste of space. I’m not saying that they should have an old fashioned relationship where the man decides everything but Jesus Christ - he’s supposed to be her husband, the man of the house, but he’s just so meek and doesn’t seem to have any authority within their relationship or in any aspect of their lives at all. It’s pathetic.
That’s probably the reason she’s actually with him, she probably realised early on how much of a wet blanket he is, and assumed she’d be able to get her own way. Why else would you marry someone who by your own admission wasn’t supposed to be ‘a long term thing’

Reactions: 13
I honestly can’t fathom how Rob is so seemingly submissive and just lets her do whatever she wants even when it’s a poor decision or something that’s blatantly a bad idea.

they bought the house and he had never even viewed it! Who does that?! Why? it wasn’t like the actually needed to leave the military rental, they could have waited until Rob was back home and then looked at houses together like any normal couple.

he doesn’t seem to have any input into anything. we can all see the issues with that carpet - it’s a bad idea - you’d think he would see it and say no, let’s look for something more practical.

Rob just seems like an absolute waste of space. I’m not saying that they should have an old fashioned relationship where the man decides everything but Jesus Christ - he’s supposed to be her husband, the man of the house, but he’s just so meek and doesn’t seem to have any authority within their relationship or in any aspect of their lives at all. It’s pathetic.
This is common in alot of the Navy relationships I have seen. With the partner generally being at sea 6 to 9 months a year, they allow the home partner to be dominant in the home as they are the ones always there. The other services are different, but Navy as they are at sea alot too tend to have it hung over their heads by their partner like Sarah does. I think Rob will have had more about him before he got into a relationship with Sarah, seen it a thousand times. (Also not saying this is the case with Rob at all, because I don't believe it is, but alot also have relationships at sea too and tend to forget about home life while they are gone for a while, so put up with the hen pecking for 3 months of the year to live their life as they want deployed).

Reactions: 11
Neither there is no option for it lol. The carpets are fugly like you would get in an old persons house. They don’t go with grey, it will look absolutely awful the carpet she has at the moment it far nicer. If she has to go with that looped kind she would be better off getting grey than boring biscuit beige.
2CAE3302-7434-47A5-810A-E7044999A48B.jpeg

Reactions: 5
She's so very excited about getting a carpet fitted that looks the same as the one in my kids classroom 🤦🏼‍♀️ what a sad case, it doesn't match her sofas or other furniture at all!

Reactions: 6
The carpets remind me of what you get in bad rental housing! The cheap and nasty ones that are never replaced. Hope the cats scratch it to bugger and gets eaten by moths anyway for the lols.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wow, Sarah hun, you choosing the top carpet and the poll saying the bottom carpet is not a funny story 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 14
If thats her version of a funny story its no wonder she doesn't have any actual friends!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Adding more boring beige to the mismatched house of zero personality is so so exciting haha funny story. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
OK funny story,, but she has to be trolling us over this carpet...She can't be serious 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No mention of Isla returning to school today, but then again i’m sure she’s not home yet

Reactions: 4
How soon until Sarah is driving all night up to granny’s to drop the kids off or granny is being summoned to look after them, as Sarah is slightly panicking about childcare?

Im sorry but how on earth did he manage to stick a whole ball of wool on his junk modeling and noone said anything? Surely a nursery would of used that opportunity to teach about sharing?

Reactions: 10
Already complaining about childcare and the summer holidays haven’t even started yet. Does that means she so disorganised she hasn’t sorted anything out? Is it going to be granny to the rescue again and a 20 hour round trip to Aberdeen to drop them off whilst she works* for 2 weeks

*gets her nails done, hair done, endless brunches, trips to London to doubt.

Reactions: 12
Oh she can absolutely duck off if she wants to start complaining about childcare when we watch her waste a day off every week for her errand running, Instagram day.
Piss off Sarah. Us real working parents who actually enjoy spending time with our children don't want to hear it. We don't take time off work for last suppers and brunches with Instahuns or spa days. We save our annual leave to be with our children.

Reactions: 17
Are her parents retired? I always find it strange that they never visit her… not even to see their new house. Surely them coming down for a week or two would help with childcare. I wonder if they have issues with Sinbad? Quite bizarre.

Why the panic about childcare? Did she not know the summer break was coming up? Does she think the schools would decide to stay open for her? What the hell does she think other parents do? I’m fairly sure most working parents are organised by now, even with Covid in the mix.
it’s called PLANNING Sarah. You know how you obsess over carpet details, and spend hours sorting that? Maybe spend time sorting sensible childcare plans and making sure your work days are covered and that your kids doing stuff that’s good for them during the holidays (because lord knows you don’t know how to parent so at least send them to childcare that will look after them and stimulate them and entertain them)
I suspect she has no friends locally, to do childcare swaps with. But surely there are day camps and activities locally to her? A local childminder?
The kids will be in Scotland by the weekend til some time in August now, from Friday I bet… at least they’ll get decent food and attention from grandparents.

she pisses me off.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.