Sarah Burke #53 Gone from the job, she'll sell us her soul, drive it on Burps, its time for the dole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys completely off topic here. My daughter is getting married in August in Italy. I have a good 5 stone to lose. I’m currently 16 stone. I’m wondering where do I start? What is open to me? I tried WW but they’re gone. I tried SW but there’s no groups left by me. I did well calorie counting with a work group years ago that’s now defunct. I need a weekly weigh in where I’m responsible for my weekly over eating. I would be so grateful for any advice. She’s my only daughter and i would love to do her proud in a nice outfit. Thanks for reading this 🥰
With that starting weight you'd qualify for a prescription for Saxenda. Worth investigating x

Reactions: 5
Guys completely off topic here. My daughter is getting married in August in Italy. I have a good 5 stone to lose. I’m currently 16 stone. I’m wondering where do I start? What is open to me? I tried WW but they’re gone. I tried SW but there’s no groups left by me. I did well calorie counting with a work group years ago that’s now defunct. I need a weekly weigh in where I’m responsible for my weekly over eating. I would be so grateful for any advice. She’s my only daughter and i would love to do her proud in a nice outfit. Thanks for reading this 🥰
You should see your doctor about Saxenda, I would always fail at diets because I would feel so hungry, started the jabs last week and I don’t feel the hunger anymore, I lost 6 and a half pounds on week one no sweet cravings or anything, it’s great. Now it is expensive but it’ll be worth it and it’s not painful to inject yourself the needle is so fine you won’t feel it. Best of luck to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They il be lots of crying and cheering for Sarah the bestest consultant ever. Sure it will be so sad leaving after the (rounded up) six years doing a great job. Supplying the principle people of Cork with advice and great cheese recipes. She leaves with her head high to her other job as a purveyor of the finest Dylan yokes and badly fitting garments that we all so badly need in our lives. Remember Black Friday deals coming up. She has to drive it on and just be.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Awww I wish we could put on local weight loss classes, only women/men from tattle can attend, and we still don’t have to give away our identity. We could all go wearing masks of Sarah’s face, we’d be scared shitless, the weight would fall off! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I could cry. Thank you. I’ve nowhere else to turn. I’m a fat menopausal wreck. I had a full hysterectomy last month. My belly is ginormous. I pant going up the stairs. Today I started calorie counting and I went for a walk. Such a long journey. I’m determined not to be the fat mother while the grooms mother is a size 8 stunner. I’m a good size 18 at the moment. I’m comfort eating to dull the pain
You’ll be beautiful no matter what, don’t be comparing yourself to the grooms mother! My mam won’t at my June wedding! Thing is, make sure you dress for your shape not necessarily your size and make sure you are comfortable and happy! That’s all that matters and all I’m saying to my mam ❤ Whatever she does in meantime is her own business but she’s picked a non traditional mother of bride outfit because she’s comfy and confident in it and her smile is what I care about on day, your daughter will be the same! Best of luck to you both and get well soon with healing from surgery ❤

Locals, is that another pic of graveyard car park with the song blessings to it? 🙄 can’t bring her child to playground but can go early morning to a grave….

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@francydoll be good to yourself you've just had major surgery, also watch out for menopause symptoms. Try and do even 2 ten minute walks a day, then build up to 20 each time. Just watch your portion size and calorie count, don't deny yourself any food. You have got this, your daughter will be so proud to have you there no matter what x

@brandambassador delighted to hear your update, have everything crossed for ye x

Such a fantastic bunch of women here, if Sarah was only half as decent as some of you she'd be doing well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You’ll be beautiful no matter what, don’t be comparing yourself to the grooms mother! My mam won’t at my June wedding! Thing is, make sure you dress for your shape not necessarily your size and make sure you are comfortable and happy! That’s all that matters and all I’m saying to my mam ❤ Whatever she does in meantime is her own business but she’s picked a non traditional mother of bride outfit because she’s comfy and confident in it and her smile is what I care about on day, your daughter will be the same! Best of luck to you both and get well soon with healing from surgery ❤

Locals, is that another pic of graveyard car park with the song blessings to it? 🙄 can’t bring her child to playground but can go early morning to a grave….
I think it's the commons carpark, where her SW classes are

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not an expert to advice in anyway( disclaimer) but I use 'my fitness pal' it's an app you can download on your phone, and it helps you calorie coun. At the start it's a bit time consuming but it tells you how many calories you should be consuming daily to get to your target weight and tallies them up at the end of the day like a diary. I used it after my pregnancies to loose the baby weight and use it now to maintain. I find it very helpful. I lost over 3 stone in total using it. Not trying to be crappy in anyway but the only way to loose weight is to eat a little but less a d move a little bit more consistently all these fad diets warp your relationship with food.

Reactions: 8
Controversial possibly but maybe contact My Best Weight. Its E200 for an appointment virtual or in person. Dr Crotty is very good. Perscribes Ozempic and other medication to help and looks at root cause of obesity. I have lost over 40 lbs this year after years of slow creeping meno weight gain and nothing working. (we must be around the same age). Throwing it out there as I was on verge of booking a gastric byepass. I was an 18/20 and down to a 16 again. Nearly at goal and feel so much better in myself. You have just had a huge op too so go easy on yourself. Did they give you hrt>

Really glad to see others recc Saxenda too. I feel that this medication helped me break the power of food ove rme. I was training, walking miles with dh and tracking but still nothing. Take ozempic once a week and do what I was doing 40 lb plus gone in 7 months. Its E120 - E150 p.m. but I'm worth the investment. I have lost weight over the years doing fad diets from VLC to the clubs but now I don't pay to weigh. I'm accountable to myself and the money I'm spending

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Not an expert to advice in anyway( disclaimer) but I use 'my fitness pal' it's an app you can download on your phone, and it helps you calorie coun. At the start it's a bit time consuming but it tells you how many calories you should be consuming daily to get to your target weight and tallies them up at the end of the day like a diary. I used it after my pregnancies to loose the baby weight and use it now to maintain. I find it very helpful. I lost over 3 stone in total using it. Not trying to be crappy in anyway but the only way to loose weight is to eat a little but less a d move a little bit more consistently all these fad diets warp your relationship with food.
My fitness pal is very inaccurate it gives way too low calories u should calculate them using james smith academy calculator and input your own calorieclimit to mfp.

Oh thanks for the tip!
Honestly didn't mean to come across as know it all there but so many people are under eating hugely when they let mfp calculate their calories, it gives me 1200 when mine should be 1600.no adult should be on 1200 that's a toddlers daily calories!

Honestly didn't mean to come across as know it all there but so many people are under eating hugely when they let mfp calculate their calories, it gives me 1200 when mine should be 1600.no adult should be on 1200 that's a toddlers daily calories!
No, I genuinely appreciate it, being thinking about counting cals for a while now, and didn’t like MFP, so I’m gonna give him a follow! 🥰

Laughing at her bio - Mom to Luke & THE ANGEL BABY OF THE O CONNORS! (Insert date here)

She’s a bleeping desperado! Grow up Sarah, he’s gonna leave ya in a few weeks, with all your carry on 😣

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.