Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, these group coaching sessions are not worth it. There’s too many people in a group, and what’s the point of it all if you don’t even get your coach’s full attention and there’s not enough time to create a strategy specifically for your business needs?

I found therapy much more useful for both my personal life and my business, plus you can rest assured the person has all the qualifications required to be helping you figure tit out.

Reactions: 8
No offence meant at all to you personally, we were just trying to understand how the MLM style approach worked. If you are happy with how LD works and it’s beneficial for you that’s brilliant. You were just the only person who we saw get approached by him directly in the event and then ended up working with him. I genuinely do hope he is helping you. I’m not here at all to put anyone down or gossip. I think we are all just trying to figure out what the hell happened. It’s really confusing for a lot of us, we have people telling us we’ve been conned and I still don’t know if it’s true or not. There’s bits from the events that were good like the motivational stuff but then when you loo at all this MLM / NPL stuff and the conman video someone posted it’s hard to ignore the similarities. If you wouldn’t mind sharing and no worries if not, it might help us understand if it was all genuine? Again apologies no offence meant at all to you
No problem. How do you mean I got approached directly and then ended up working with him?
I don't think we were conned, the ones of us who bought SI, paid £199 per month for the first two months anyway - until it started to collapse.
I didn't like the upselling mid-course to people who could not afford it, or the FOMO creation eg with the splitting of the group. Whether that was tactical or not it created divisions which weren't cool and made it seem as though the 25 were somehow 'better' or special which didn't make others feel good about themselves. Same with the creation of the Business Smashing It - people just got so confused as to what was what and which one they should be on and some people even bought both - not a good idea. As I said in an earlier post, I think ti started off well and with the best of intentions, but then greed took a hold x

To be honest, these group coaching sessions are not worth it. There’s too many people in a group, and what’s the point of it all if you don’t even get your coach’s full attention and there’s not enough time to create a strategy specifically for your business needs?

I found therapy much more useful for both my personal life and my business, plus you can rest assured the person has all the qualifications required to be helping you figure tit out.
But Smashing It was not designed to be a business coaching course. Surely no-one will have a coach's full attention for £199 per month?

Reactions: 2
No problem. How do you mean I got approached directly and then ended up working with him?
I don't think we were conned, the ones of us who bought SI, paid £199 per month for the first two months anyway - until it started to collapse.
I didn't like the upselling mid-course to people who could not afford it, or the FOMO creation eg with the splitting of the group. Whether that was tactical or not it created divisions which weren't cool and made it seem as though the 25 were somehow 'better' or special which didn't make others feel good about themselves. Same with the creation of the Business Smashing It - people just got so confused as to what was what and which one they should be on and some people even bought both - not a good idea. As I said in an earlier post, I think ti started off well and with the best of intentions, but then greed took a hold x

But Smashing It was not designed to be a business coaching course. Surely no-one will have a coach's full attention for £199 per month?
Thanks for that, if you don’t mind me asking are you still working with him? And do you find he has helped you?

Thanks for that, if you don’t mind me asking are you still working with him? And do you find he has helped you?
Can we just take a step back, I'm asking you why you have written in this public forum that I am am 'working with' Llewy and where you got this information? :)

I assumed it was the other interior designer tttofficial featured the other day people were speaking of I don’t think they meant you @brooks69

Reactions: 3
To be fair, he seems to work with a few interior designers including andthentheywentwild who has done some tv work

I assumed it was the other interior designer tttofficial featured the other day people were speaking of I don’t think they meant you @brooks69
I assumed it was the personal stylist off the tv! The one who always wears red?

Reactions: 3
Ahhh ok. Yes, Pippa is working with Llewy. As are others. I don't know of any problems with the direct coaching.

Can we just take a step back, I'm asking you why you have written in this public forum that I am am 'working with' Llewy and where you got this information? :)
Ok I could be getting you mixed up with someone else as pointed out below sorry, just going off what I’d seen LD post on his feed, I thought you were the one working with him one on one - I unfollowed him so could be wrong now

I assumed it was the personal stylist off the tv! The one who always wears red?
He coaches several well respected, intelligent women who run their own businesses, from what I can see in the public domain.

Ok I could be getting you mixed up with someone else as pointed out below sorry, just going off what I’d seen LD post on his feed, I thought you were the one working with him one on one - I unfollowed him so could be wrong now
Yep, defo wrong. I'm not working with Llewy 1-2-1.

Sorry if I’ve confused things, I just wondered if anyone here was or had worked one on one with LD and if they had it might help us understand more that’s all

He coaches several well respected, intelligent women who run their own businesses, from what I can see in the public domain.

Yep, defo wrong. I'm not working with Llewy 1-2-1.
Sorry my mistake - yes that’s what I was referring to, lots of well respected clients work with him so I just wonder that he might be genuine and the issue between him and Sarah was something different and it’s all got blow out of proportion

Fair enough I was referring to their group coaching programs, plus the other ‘accelerators’ seem to be sold as a program that will motivate you and help you make money, give you step by step actionable stuff bla bla bla.

I pay £60 per week for a 50 mins 1-1 therapy session and I’ve covered a wide range of subjects, from my past childhood trauma, all the way to what are my current goals, why am I not feeling grateful, Why I feel stuck in my business and figuring out how to move forward, learning how to communicate with people and all types of things. You’d be surprised, but you already have all the answers, you just need guidance to find them ☺

Therapy is amazing for figuring out your why, you won’t get someone to tell you to exercise at 5am, but they will help you realise why it’s important for you to work out at 5am. You might find out you are happier working out at 7pm and if that works for you, that’s amazing!

And if you are gonna invest in a coach, you might as well work with someone who knows what he’s talking about.

A coach should not even be giving you instructions on what to do (exercise at 6am, get rid of the dead wood, no rest until you achieve all your ‘true potential’, post on your Instagram and tag me in it). A coach is supposed to help you identify and clarify YOUR own goals, be it for your personal life or business life. This is not ‘one size fits all’, coaching is first listening to you, your problems and needs, then building a map for success.

From what I’ve seen, all their work is about them talking at you. The intake forms that were completed by the participants were not even read, everyone got the same automatic emails, feedback was not given at all, basically there’s was a huge lack of communication which is ironic since the whole point of these programs is the client communicating 😅😅.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@Brook69 i think your perspective is important as otherwise this thread becomes another eco chamber. What concerns me are the women who couldn’t really afford the courses but were influenced to buy them with the underlying promise that they, too, will make money. The Business Accelerator kind of promises 6 figures in the next 6 months (se the post on the NBBS page). Sounds like you already have a successful business and can afford £200 a month for coaching. I once spent £300 a pop with a coach before - I could afford it and I didn’t feel conned. But a lot of women on these courses were indoctrinated into getting in this magical money mindset - I’m sure it works for some but I’m yet to see the smashing evidence.

Reactions: 7
Fair enough I was referring to their group coaching programs, plus the other ‘accelerators’ seem to be sold as a program that will motivate you and help you make money, give you step by step actionable stuff bla bla bla.

I pay £60 per week for a 50 mins 1-1 therapy session and I’ve covered a wide range of subjects, from my past childhood trauma, all the way to what are my current goals, why am I not feeling grateful, Why I feel stuck in my business and figuring out how to move forward, learning how to communicate with people and all types of things. You’d be surprised, but you already have all the answers, you just need guidance to find them ☺

Therapy is amazing for figuring out your why, you won’t get someone to tell you to exercise at 5am, but they will help you realise why it’s important for you to work out at 5am. You might find out you are happier working out at 7pm and if that works for you, that’s amazing!

And if you are gonna invest in a coach, you might as well work with someone who knows what he’s talking about.

A coach should not even be giving you instructions on what to do (exercise at 6am, get rid of the dead wood, no rest until you achieve all your ‘true potential’, post on your Instagram and tag me in it). A coach is supposed to help you identify and clarify YOUR own goals, be it for your personal life or business life. This is not ‘one size fits all’, coaching is first listening to you, your problems and needs, then building a map for success.

From what I’ve seen, all their work is about them talking at you. The intake forms that were completed by the participants were not even read, everyone got the same automatic emails, feedback was not given at all, basically there’s was a huge lack of communication which is ironic since the whole point of these programs is the client communicating 😅😅.
couldn’t agree more. They’ve tried to promise the world but only wanted to do generic group chats and generic emails.
Also I’ve said this before - it doesn’t matter if part of the course was helpful (although that is subjective anyway). You paid for 3/6/12 months of content and it wasn’t delivered. The product was not what you paid for. You all deserve refunds. If Sarah loses money due to fees and paying other people etc then I’m sorry that’s a hit she has to take as she couldn’t deliver what she promised to deliver.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That’s all it was, really, generic group chats and generic emails with no planning...

Reactions: 4
Because he made it look like you were in his stories... classic MLM trick that he’s doing with the “shadowing” posts with all his current 1-2-1 “clients” assuming you are the 10 years younger lady that is.

This thread is so confusing now! 🤪

Last edited:
  • Heart
I would really love to hear from some of the women that are being coached 1-2-1 with him and whether they think they are getting value for money. It would help me try to get my head straight with all of this-I was SO close to giving away a vast sum to him. I would like to believe that the problem was in the 'too much too soon' nature of everything and that it was the courses/dilution/upselling etc that were the main problem. I think Sarah has said that his mentorship was good, it's just all a bit confusing as him and his brother fit the contrepreneur description to the letter.

@FFS Barbara i don’t doubt his mentorship was good as she made a lot of money. Whether she made it ethically and with integrity is another story

Reactions: 6
Because he made it look like you were in his stories... classic MLM trick that he’s doing with the “shadowing” posts with all his current 1-2-1 “clients”
Yes I thought I saw him definitely say he was working with you on his stories and the reason it stuck in my head was because I thought he must be good if someone with as much credibility as you were working with him. There were a lot of well respected women he was posting about so it gave him credibility. I think that’s where I’ve got confused

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.