Sarah Akwisombe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope no refund yet for business accelerator. Had an email to say it was being refunded but no money yet...

Reactions: 2
Just to say I asked for a refund for Month 3, not 1 & 2 as I felt I had good content ( I know others don't feel the same way) and that was paid out this week, the full £199.
It's really hard to read some of the posts where other women feel they've been conned. It's not something I feel but know that maybe I am more secure in my job / field of expertise. Not that I'm 'privileged' but maybe that I'm more secure in what I do after many years of hard work.
I wasn't looking for a fast way to make a million, or for solid business advice, or even for a blueprint to life, just for a kick up the arse during this very challenging 2020, some motivational content and some "investment in myself" as I'd never ever done anything like this. I guess because I'm older than Sarah and have been in biz a long time, I didn't look up to her so much as be genuinely impressed with her growth and surprised at the speed of how NBS rocketed. I don't have a great relationship with money and was looking to improve that also, hence also doing Jen's course at the moment. Most people are much more open to online courses at the moment from sheer lack of human contact and I can see that those more vunerable than others might be sucked in to keep buying and buying and buying. Which is not good at all. I didn't like that side of SI or how it was developing. As, clearly, neither did Sarah or others.
I'm not angry with either of them as I don't feel conned, but totally respect other people feel this way and that is their prerogative. For me the SI wasn't sold as a business course but a personal development motivator over six months.
Sian

Reactions: 4
My email said money would arrive 5-7 working days after the email (which was on Monday.) Not sure why it takes that long? I haven’t received any money yet.

Reactions: 2
I've been a long time follower of Sarah and have purchased M&M back in 2018 - From then until this last round I have thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was amazing content and well worth the money. Jen is also amazing and I have been on a course of hers also.

I followed intently when Sarah started the link with LD. I will fully admit I was VERY close to signing up why I have no idea.

There were a lot of things that didn't ring true to me which actually had nothing to do with the course or the marketing but more about how full of S**t LD and his brother were/still are. A quick companies house check shows they aren't declaring LEGALLY any where near what they imply. I actually got so sick of Sarah I followed her and turns out I wasn't alone!

The implications of all these "Riches" are so overly exaggerated it's unreal! Everything is clearly on tick, including this manor house with the antique interior.. clearly a rented set to make people fall for their B.S. I remember watching one video where Rhys shared a bottle of Lamborghini Champagne and he said "Only when you have the car are you allowed in the EXCLUSIVE CLUB to buy this" ... 2 mins later I had a £350 bottle myself firmly in the basket ready to buy.. If you are going to lie at least be smart about it. Also... where did the horses go?! They disappeared!

I understand that there are a lot of people who feel they have been scammed, but I actually think Sarah feels exactly like this herself. In terms of refunds you also have to remember that putting on the courses and running her business isn't free. She has a team of people she has working for her. Designers, Assistants, Accountants. She will have also had to cough up transaction fees on all the payment processing both in and out of her account. A decent wack would have gone straight in Tax and National insurance also, i believe shes a honest hard working member of society in that respect.

I am not condoning anything that may/may not have happened in the course it's self I am talking more logistics. Its worth while remembering being in business isn't free for anyone - if you are in it yourself then you will know. She isn't sitting there on a pile of £1 million swimming in the cash. She will have paid out in ways that might not be apparent and your fee will have covered some of these costs.

I really truly hope people come here and read this thread and learn about this new world of MLM "Coaches" Take advice from experts in the field you want to work in with PROVEN results. Many mentors will happily do this for free or a coffee every couple of months.

Reactions: 6
My email said money would arrive 5-7 working days after the email (which was on Monday.) Not sure why it takes that long? I haven’t received any money yet.
Same, was going to wait until tomorrow and chase if it’s not there then. Also going to claim for the workshops via CC as they were dire and didn’t deliver anything of real value

Anyone seen LD’s brother and “business” partners #1 business tip this morning?? SA must have done zero research to let these slippery 🐟 through the net.

He casually drops C bombs, if this is their public “brand” persona imagine what they are like in private?!

So is LD still active in the original group then @marmitesandwichesfortea ?

I’ve lost any remaining respect for SA for allowing that to continue and only taking certain people with her.

So much for lifting all women up, what a load of BS

Have you emailed direct Marmitecumpet?
No I got the email last weekend to say it was cancelled and would be refunded in 5-7 days

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It is quite ironic that insta feminist visionary businesswoman Sarah persuaded women to throw their money away...to a man. I guess it’s ok for women to be fucked over and manipulated where there’s cash to be made.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
He’s a charmer isn’t he?

I’ve totally lost respect for SA. Any trust I had in her values have gone. I really hope she sorts herself out.

It’s interesting reading her blog on patriarchy in business. Such a walking contradiction.

Hello another SI mug here! I see she’s fully refunded some and partially refunded others. I was actually feeling quite sorry for Sarah however reading this thread I feel she needs to refund all to everyone! Without having to send e mails she needs to take the hit. The things is most of the people will reinvest in her if she does this as judging by her new page she has an army of supporters waiting to sign up to her next course!
the more I think and read about it all the more I’m livid about how stupidly naive I’ve been!

Reactions: 7
I've been a long time follower of Sarah and have purchased M&M back in 2018 - From then until this last round I have thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was amazing content and well worth the money. Jen is also amazing and I have been on a course of hers also.

I followed intently when Sarah started the link with LD. I will fully admit I was VERY close to signing up why I have no idea.

There were a lot of things that didn't ring true to me which actually had nothing to do with the course or the marketing but more about how full of S**t LD and his brother were/still are. A quick companies house check shows they aren't declaring LEGALLY any where near what they imply. I actually got so sick of Sarah I followed her and turns out I wasn't alone!

The implications of all these "Riches" are so overly exaggerated it's unreal! Everything is clearly on tick, including this manor house with the antique interior.. clearly a rented set to make people fall for their B.S. I remember watching one video where Rhys shared a bottle of Lamborghini Champagne and he said "Only when you have the car are you allowed in the EXCLUSIVE CLUB to buy this" ... 2 mins later I had a £350 bottle myself firmly in the basket ready to buy.. If you are going to lie at least be smart about it. Also... where did the horses go?! They disappeared!

I understand that there are a lot of people who feel they have been scammed, but I actually think Sarah feels exactly like this herself. In terms of refunds you also have to remember that putting on the courses and running her business isn't free. She has a team of people she has working for her. Designers, Assistants, Accountants. She will have also had to cough up transaction fees on all the payment processing both in and out of her account. A decent wack would have gone straight in Tax and National insurance also, i believe shes a honest hard working member of society in that respect.

I am not condoning anything that may/may not have happened in the course it's self I am talking more logistics. Its worth while remembering being in business isn't free for anyone - if you are in it yourself then you will know. She isn't sitting there on a pile of £1 million swimming in the cash. She will have paid out in ways that might not be apparent and your fee will have covered some of these costs.

I really truly hope people come here and read this thread and learn about this new world of MLM "Coaches" Take advice from experts in the field you want to work in with PROVEN results. Many mentors will happily do this for free or a coffee every couple of months.
I get it, I run a business and know the costs.

She used to operate with a value set and chucked it all out the window the hunt for a quick buck when she signed up with LD as she got impatient and wanted to prove a point.

I see none of the no BS keep it simple and honest values coming through in how she’s shown up the past 2 weeks. She has failed to live the messages she preaches in a big way, and doesn’t have the humility or respect for her customers to own it.

All it would have taken was a couple of emails direct to her paying customers to update on what was happening and a plan going forward and a whole load of people would have felt a lot calmer about this.

All the fees are the price she pays for ignoring her own advice and getting greedy, a brutal lesson to learn for sure but a necessary one.

She dug her own hole here, I don’t feel sorry for her at all. She even said she knew what she was doing and she was complicit in the teary video last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I never thought anything bad about her until all the money bragging , I couldnt work out why someone so feminist with good values was taking this route , something about going on about how much money you have is just awful to watch . If she had just kept doing her No bull school and kept it on the lowdown about her money people would be none the wiser . I genuinely thought she had a great career before .
Very interesting Brooks what you say about people being more susceptible to online coaching etc because of lack of human contact .

I also found the money bragging during lockdown uncomfortable and tasteless, but her credo is that women should brag about their success and money to be role models to other women. I found it tacky. Really successful CEOs simply don’t do that kind of tit, whether men or women. I also want to see more women in power btw. And I’m definitely not jealous, I’d never want randoms to know where I live, the layout of my house, how my kids are called and how they look like, when their birthdays are, the car I drive and how much money I earn.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree woman making a success out of business is brilliant , I’d never want anyone to know what money I had or where my kids lived either some absolutely awful people out there .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Actually I remember that’s how he hooked the TV stylist lady in, she was singled out for advice and feedback from him
You do know I'm here right Lemonhead123? Just to clarify I wasn't hooked, and do not feel hooked. Not cool to discuss specific people and describe their experiences as fact when you don't know that person x

You do know I'm here right Lemonhead123? Just to clarify I wasn't hooked, and do not feel hooked. Not cool to discuss specific people and describe their experiences as fact when you don't know that person x
No offence meant at all to you personally, we were just trying to understand how the MLM style approach worked. If you are happy with how LD works and it’s beneficial for you that’s brilliant. You were just the only person who we saw get approached by him directly in the event and then ended up working with him. I genuinely do hope he is helping you. I’m not here at all to put anyone down or gossip. I think we are all just trying to figure out what the hell happened. It’s really confusing for a lot of us, we have people telling us we’ve been conned and I still don’t know if it’s true or not. There’s bits from the events that were good like the motivational stuff but then when you loo at all this MLM / NPL stuff and the conman video someone posted it’s hard to ignore the similarities. If you wouldn’t mind sharing and no worries if not, it might help us understand if it was all genuine? Again apologies no offence meant at all to you

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.