saoirseandmama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it need a title, can it be #2, I see Conor McGregor is on #6
Ah in that case, it makes sense so. I don't follow many threads here, but the rest all had new titles so I presumed it was the done thing. #2 makes sense though.

Kinda surprised McGregor hasn't had some interesting titles 😂
---
So does this whole bus to the house malarky (which to be fair to the family is a way of them exerting some control over what would become a grief festival if they didn’t).
It's the done thing in rural areas if there isn't much parking around the house, especially if a big crowd is expected. That, and one way systems in operation. It's to cut down on traffic jams, and people blocking narrow roadways. It's much more efficient, and has majorly improved the way reposing at home has been done in some areas over the past few years.

Reactions: 14
Absolute shite calling mods in "under the circumstances" - keep scrolling and if you're so offended/disgusted then leave - but maybe think back on why this thread was started in the first place 🤔
Maybe it's time people did start talking about the whole issue of using sick children for content. Might put a stop to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe it's time people did start talking about the whole issue of using sick children for content. Might put a stop to it.
Yep the Adam King situation is awful too. I started a thread on the exploitation of this young lad, hasn't been much engagement on it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This thread should be shut down otherwise it’s literally people bitching about a grieving mother
One way to be a part of the change you want to see is to stop participating in the noise
Ah in that case, it makes sense so. I don't follow many threads here, but the rest all had new titles so I presumed it was the done thing. #2 makes sense though.

Kinda surprised McGregor hasn't had some interesting titles 😂
---

It's the done thing in rural areas if there isn't much parking around the house, especially if a big crowd is expected. That, and one way systems in operation. It's to cut down on traffic jams, and people blocking narrow roadways. It's much more efficient, and has majorly improved the way reposing at home has been done in some areas over the past few years.
Apols, I didn’t actually realize this. I was more saying the fact that grieving people have to put up with bus loads of people is terrible. Perhaps it’s a good distraction but the effort of always having to be on show for someone must be draining

Reactions: 4
Apols, I didn’t actually realize this. I was more saying the fact that grieving people have to put up with bus loads of people is terrible. Perhaps it’s a good distraction but the effort of always having to be on show for someone must be draining
Yes, it definitely is draining. I'm not sure how it was in other areas, but around where I am, the houses used to be pretty much open all the time for people to sympathise for the days between the person dying, and the removal taking place in the (for the most part, depending on the circumstances of the death). Neighbours and family members would bring loads of food, and most people would sit for a chat, tea and a sandwich when they'd call. It was more relaxed in one way, but people were calling all throughout the day so it was exhausting, and the family member they wanted to sympathise with may not have been there at the moment they called.

Some things had begun to change anyway as more people had careers and jobs outside the home so they couldn't be there all day for a few days, but Covid definitely changed things too, and they started having set times (a couple hours a day, over two days usually) for when the general public could call (neighbours and close friends could still call outside of those hours). The rest would just walk in, shake hands with the chief mourners, and leave again. As it was much more condensed, queues often formed, and the need for shuttle busses from the local church / pub / GAA carpark became a thing. Removals became a thing of the past in most areas, and it was just the funeral... So I guess the rural areas started doing things more like urban areas, and using funeral homes instead of reposing at home became popular too.

Sorry, that's the end of the rural mourning history lesson, I didn't intend on getting that deep into it. 🙈😂

Reactions: 7
Yes, it definitely is draining. I'm not sure how it was in other areas, but around where I am, the houses used to be pretty much open all the time for people to sympathise for the days between the person dying, and the removal taking place in the (for the most part, depending on the circumstances of the death). Neighbours and family members would bring loads of food, and most people would sit for a chat, tea and a sandwich when they'd call. It was more relaxed in one way, but people were calling all throughout the day so it was exhausting, and the family member they wanted to sympathise with may not have been there at the moment they called.

Some things had begun to change anyway as more people had careers and jobs outside the home so they couldn't be there all day for a few days, but Covid definitely changed things too, and they started having set times (a couple hours a day, over two days usually) for when the general public could call (neighbours and close friends could still call outside of those hours). The rest would just walk in, shake hands with the chief mourners, and leave again. As it was much more condensed, queues often formed, and the need for shuttle busses from the local church / pub / GAA carpark became a thing. Removals became a thing of the past in most areas, and it was just the funeral... So I guess the rural areas started doing things more like urban areas, and using funeral homes instead of reposing at home became popular too.

Sorry, that's the end of the rural mourning history lesson, I didn't intend on getting that deep into it. 🙈😂
Super interesting; thank you for sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't want to be the one... But if people are going to keep this thread going, it's almost at the 1000 mark, so any title suggestions for the next one?
I had posted this a few hours earlier. No response from mods unfortunately.

Unfortunately we're hitting new thread territory and I don't know how we can come up with a respectful title at this point. Including Saoirse's name feels wrong now that she's passed away. @Moderator is there any way this one can go way over the 1k posts for now?

Reactions: 1
I was looking at video where mama spoke at some church.Dada olie had cancer as well before they got married.She never acknowledged he had child it's family of 4.Doesnt matter what circumstances are when you take up with someone who has child you need include them as family number.You can still keep them private but say family of 5.her sisters.

Reactions: 13
I was looking at video where mama spoke at some church.Dada olie had cancer as well before they got married.She never acknowledged he had child it's family of 4.Doesnt matter what circumstances are when you take up with someone who has child you need include them as family number.You can still keep them private but say family of 5.her sisters.
speaking from multiple experiences I don’t agree.
No family dynamic is the same & no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I think the mother’s name surely should just be used for thread two. Especially as she is essentially trying to be an influencer with her BA stuff etc.

I think it be only fair to not comment on the family. They are grieving. It is awful to bury a child.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think it’s fair to comment either anymore out of respect for Saoirse and her two sisters. Let the thread close and reopen under the mams name if she needs a thread in future.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.