saoirseandmama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately this little child's mother has put her daughter out there for public consumption so this is the inevitable outcome.

Look at the rip notice, imploring people to be respectful, "pay their respects once", respect the families privacy etc. I just hope the funeral doesn't turn into a tit show and Saoirse is laid to rest with the dignity she deserves.
The only people that should going anywhere near their home, church or cemetery are people who know the family personally. The handshake of a stranger will not ease their pain. Strangers should leave their rip.ie condolences, light a candle and keep Saoirse and her family in their thoughts but they have no place being at the funeral. It shouldn't become a circus.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The only people that should going anywhere near their home, church or cemetery are people who know the family personally. The handshake of a stranger will not ease their pain. Strangers should leave their rip.ie condolences, light a candle and keep Saoirse and her family in their thoughts but they have no place being at the funeral. It shouldn't become a circus.
I dont understand why strangers feel the need to leave condolences on RIP.ie, what purpose does a message from a Leitrim mum or dublin parent serve. its not going to ease the pain to see that mary in kildare wrote RIP.

Reactions: 24
So many people were taken with the lovely little girl fighting a horrendous disease with a smile, myself included, if people want to leave condolences they should and I think the kindness of strangers all over Ireland who donated to charity because of her will have made an impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Unfortunately we're hitting new thread territory and I don't know how we can come up with a respectful title at this point. Including Saoirse's name feels wrong now that she's passed away. @Moderator is there any way this one can go way over the 1k posts for now?

I agree with this. No strangers need to go to the house or funeral. You get people who love latching on to things like this in some macabre fashion.
The amount of people posting the video of the 4 of them with the dog with a voice over saying how precious life is etc, I must have seen that this morning on about 20 friends pages. It is so sad, my heart goes out to them. Poor Saoirse, robbed of a future and she had already been through so much. Like someone else said, it's heartbreaking for the family but it's their grief not ours.
Also the commentary on the older sister went on a bit but while R isn't in public domaine rest of family are so it's natural that people will comment to some extent. I have a half sister that my mother won't let me make contact with (even though she requested contact 3 years ago). She is the result of an affair on my Dad's part. I would love to have contact but my Mother making it very difficult. Families are very complicated and this whole thing made me consider if something happened me would she be included at all on an RIP notice....most likely not 😞

Reactions: 11
I don't think strangers should even leave a notice tbh not their place, thinking of saoirse, lighting a candle and donating to a children's cancer charity is more impactful and appropriate personally ❣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And if people do leave a condolence on rip why not leave their name ? All this “ a Dublin mam” shite wrecks my head. You’ll have lots of nosey people with nothing better to do going to the funeral hoping to catch a glimpse of Ryan Tubridy and any other public figures that go

Reactions: 16
The only people who should attend funerals are those that know the family either directly or through another family member. Why anyone would go to the funeral of someone they know from their online presence of have seen on TV is bonkers behaviour.

Reactions: 16
And if people do leave a condolence on rip why not leave their name ? All this “ a Dublin mam” shite wrecks my head. You’ll have lots of nosey people with nothing better to do going to the funeral hoping to catch a glimpse of Ryan Tubridy and any other public figures that go
The fact that there is a shuttle bus going to and from the house will bring all the grief mongers out in their droves. I can think of nothing worse than hoardes of strangers traipsing through the house where my child is laid out, weeping and wailing and making my tragedy all about them. I can't even comprehend it. I'd want to rip their heads off.
As someone said up thread, the handshake of a stranger is not going to ease the familys grief.

And I'm loathe to even say it but how long before the sad face selfies in e.g. the queue to see her in repose start. Because some people are that fucked up and desperate for attention.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My uncle is a well respected priest in west cork and 2 years on I’m still annoyed by the people who showed up at my mum’s funeral ignored her immediate family and rushed over to him. I will never do that to anyone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I don't want to be the one... But if people are going to keep this thread going, it's almost at the 1000 mark, so any title suggestions for the next one?

Reactions: 1
People are crazy a child’s funeral is so heartbreaking why would you even want to be there if you aren’t family?! I remember that guy David Cuddy saying when his dad died people turned up at the wake and wanted pictures with him!! WTF?🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The whole spectacle of a family standing at the top of the church while people queue up to shake their hands gives me the hibbie jeebies. So does this whole bus to the house malarky (which to be fair to the family is a way of them exerting some control over what would become a grief festival if they didn’t). Funerals bring out the worst in people sometimes

I don't want to be the one... But if people are going to keep this thread going, it's almost at the 1000 mark, so any title suggestions for the next one?
Does it need a title, can it be #2, I see Conor McGregor is on #6

Re the thread being shut down... if you put your life (or sick child's life) out there for public discussion then unfortunately you have to take the good with the bad.
I don't agree with how the mother has exploited her child in life, and as i said previously i just hope that in death this little girls funeral doesnt turn into a circus because of her mothers exploitation. I don't consider that bitching.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Re the thread being shut down... if you put your life (or sick child's life) out there for public discussion then unfortunately you have to take the good with the bad.
I don't agree with how the mother has exploited her child in life, and as i said previously i just hope that in death this little girls funeral doesnt turn into a circus because of her mothers exploitation. I don't consider that bitching.
I also hope the mother doesn't cash in on this tragedy but seeing what she has done to date I would not be surprised

• Heart
Maybe the mods could take a look and decide whether closing it for a while would be a good decision given the circumstances

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ashley Cain, Lauren Goodger, Kelsey Parker threads stayed open after losing a child/spouse afaik

Reactions: 5
Absolute shite calling mods in "under the circumstances" - keep scrolling and if you're so offended/disgusted then leave - but maybe think back on why this thread was started in the first place 🤔

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.