David King (adamkingadventures)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread to discuss David King, dad of Adam. Does anyone else find him really odd the way he's cashed in and built a brand around his ill son?

Important to say this thread isn't to have a go at Adam whatsoever, he's not to blame for this.

The IG accounts are adamkingadventures and davidking_irl

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This guy makes me so uncomfortable. He’s quite frankly using his son as a money spinner.

I also don’t know how to say it and I hope that people don’t take this the wrong way but it seems that he posts pictures of poor Adam to emphasise his condition. The clothing range made me very uneasy when Adam was pictured wearing shorts and his chair front and centre when it’s a top/hoodie that’s being flogged. He seems like a lovely kid but he’s been monetised and it’s just wrong.

And don’t get me started on the guy who runs that clothing brand - another absolute grifter

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This guy makes me so uncomfortable. He’s quite frankly using his son as a money spinner.

I also don’t know how to say it and I hope that people don’t take this the wrong way but it seems that he posts pictures of poor Adam to emphasise his condition. The clothing range made me very uneasy when Adam was pictured wearing shorts and his chair front and centre when it’s a top/hoodie that’s being flogged. He seems like a lovely kid but he’s been monetised and it’s just wrong.

And don’t get me started on the guy who runs that clothing brand - another absolute grifter
I agree I feel so uncomfortable about Adam being used to launch books and clothes.

Who runs the clothing brand?

Reactions: 2
I agree I feel so uncomfortable about Adam being used to launch books and clothes.

Who runs the clothing brand?
They’re called Human Collective - seem to want to align themselves to every single cause that they can in an effort to shill their overpriced clothing. They’ve obviously exhausted all charities now as they’ve moved on to a collection with Rosanna Davison - all simply picked out of a catalogue but of course they’re implying that they’re making the items themselves. Complete rip off and then they’re preaching about equality.

The guy who runs it is well connected and has endless media exposure - and a brass neck to boot.
God, I’m very cross on a Friday 😂

Reactions: 1
They’re called Human Collective - seem to want to align themselves to every single cause that they can in an effort to shill their overpriced clothing. They’ve obviously exhausted all charities now as they’ve moved on to a collection with Rosanna Davison - all simply picked out of a catalogue but of course they’re implying that they’re making the items themselves. Complete rip off and then they’re preaching about equality.

The guy who runs it is well connected and has endless media exposure - and a brass neck to boot.
Will have a look. I actually was born in and live in the UK but half Irish and lived there for a little while. So I keep up to date with certain Irish stuff lol

I have always felt uneasy with this family. I didn't follow on SM until today but he seemed be be popping up everywhere....its brilliant to get on the Late Late but just leave it at that. These people trying to make money of their disabled kids is sick and I say that as a mam of a child with a disability.
All this hugs March is ridiculous and cringey. I'm not sure how old Adam is now but I imagine maybe 9 or 10, he's just weird to keep flogging the hug thing...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Using Adam now to flog christmas cards now for Aldi. Flogging toys a few weeks ago. And got a 'pr invite' trip to Winterval in Waterford a few weeks ago.
---
I have always felt uneasy with this family. I didn't follow on SM until today but he seemed be be popping up everywhere....its brilliant to get on the Late Late but just leave it at that. These people trying to make money of their disabled kids is sick and I say that as a mam of a child with a disability.
All this hugs March is ridiculous and cringey. I'm not sure how old Adam is now but I imagine maybe 9 or 10, he's just weird to keep flogging the hug thing...
Good question, when Adam is an adult will they still be living off the hugs thing?

The mother seems a lot less prominent than David does
---

I've just had a look at Human Collective insta. I see what you mean. Playing the race card too it looks like.

This child is just being used as a performing monkey. It's not right at all 😢

Reactions: 2
Using Adam now to flog christmas cards now for Aldi. Flogging toys a few weeks ago. And got a 'pr invite' trip to Winterval in Waterford a few weeks ago.
---

Good question, when Adam is an adult will they still be living off the hugs thing?

The mother seems a lot less prominent than David does
---
Definitely the mother is less prominent. I just have an image of the father sitting at the kitchen table dreaming up the next 'hugs' money spinner. Makes me wonder if he still works.

Adam will need support as an adult and maybe the money is intended for that. But who knows?

Reactions: 1
Dad was a teacher anyway.
Always full of his own notions and I don't think anything changed in that respect

I know a teacher like that. She literally thinks she's a VIP. She's one step off having security staff! Very odd and cringey!