Sam and Nic Chapman - Pixiewoos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can understand sam wanting to bow out as I’ve been picking up a lot lately that she’s got some serious issues going on and seems quite depressed but why does nic have to constantly follow her in everything she does? Is she not her own person? I highly doubt she will stay away from Insta as she like to get on there and post pictures and seems to still enjoy doing makeup tutorials
I think Nic will be going on her own path with her home accounts & MS journey rather than the makeup and maybe not monetise it so do it for pleasure.

Reactions: 2
Ah, it's a bit sad. I used to really like them both. Huge respect though, I hope they both find what they need.

Reactions: 7
If they think that their is no market for them anymore they are severely mistaken. If anything I feel like people are stepping away from the ‘Instagram’ makeup that’s flooded our screens for years now and people are stepping back in the way of a more casual makeup look
Yeah. I'd love for them to do an occasional YT video without the pressure to conform to the IG standards. Some of the makeup looks they did in the past were on trend, but some were quite artistic, or edgy, and I would love them to continue doing these :love:

Reactions: 5
I didn’t realise when she meant social media she meant YouTube and RT that is sad tbh I still miss the early days when it was still new and not oversaturated.

good luck to them it’s not gonna be the same.

I think when theses two walked away that the uk YouTube culture especially make up was dead in the water.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone else got a weird niggling feeling about this?

Either they sold their shares in RT and have made a fortune and so have decided to sack everything off and have a quiet life, which I kind of get.

Or something is about to come out about them?Is it not weird that they've binned RT and social media all in one go? And the fact they've done it together at exactly the same time?

Then again, maybe I've had too much coffee today!

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Either they sold their shares in RT and have made a fortune and so have decided to sack everything off and have a quiet life, which I kind of get.

Or something is about to come out about them?Is it not weird that they've binned RT and social media all in one go? And the fact they've done it together at exactly the same time?

Deffo the shares thing!! I can't wait to see their next set of accounts.

• Haha

If anything it’ll be the shares thing. I don’t think they’re important enough anymore for a story to come out about them and not one that would ruin their careers.

It sounds like they’ve been considering this decision for a while and have decided to do it now, ready for a fresh start next year. Good for them. I like that Sam pointed out that it would be easy to sit back and continue to rake in the cash - as so many are still doing that!

Reactions: 8
Yeah, maybe I was looking for a bit of dirt where there isn't one. I definitely think that Sam has been leaning away from everything for a while now and I'm happy that she seems to be in a peaceful place in her life, but I'm just surprised by Nic - she always seemed to enjoy social media to me

Reactions: 8
I get the feeling from their announcements that it’s more Sam who isn’t into it anymore. She sounds more like she’s stepping away properly from social media where as Nic sounds like she’ll continue posting on social media, but both not doing anything work related. Unless I’m just reading too much into it. I read Sam’s first and hers sounded more final where as Nic immediately joked about posting tomorrow.

Reactions: 6
I picked up on it going back months ago , they stopped using RT brushes as much in the tutorials on IG, and was using my kit co brushes. Thought it was odd. Then remember they both started off pages about house interior, and was pushing that.
Though no one was arsed about that , and it didn’t take off.

I wonder if RT have not renewed contract, and they think without that , all the hassle of social media not worth it, and will live off all the money made .

Bet that little smarmy bloke who runs gleam is gutted, he wont have his snout at their trough no more. Taking his cut. While making out he’s your friend

Reactions: 16
They get sent such lovely expensive freebies still bet Nic becomes a full time influencer she can work from home around the family and even go swimming when she wants too.

Reactions: 4
I'm just surprised by Nic - she always seemed to enjoy social media to me
Yeah I agree I think Nic will still post quite a lot. It’ll be interesting to see if she ever does any more sponsored content, though, since she seems to be suggesting she will keep using social media but not making money off it? Time will tell!

Not a whole lot different from what she does now to be fair!
Yeah but she would set up her own business & not 50/50 with Sam. i imagine if she continued from a business perspective Sam would be entitled/liable for 50% of the business. So if they both 'step away' from the Pixiwoo business she can then start fresh on her own at some point.

Reactions: 3
I'm imagining a utopia where we all log into Instagram and see every beauty and fashion influencer announce they're leaving social media 😂
Really respect and admire their decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I might be wrong but I think this is the start of the decline of 'beauty influencing'
I think so too. I respect the likes of Lisa Eldridge and Caroline Barnes who are make-up artists who's make-up styles I like and would be influenced to copy. I didn't really view Sam and Nic like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Very strange!! Maybe they did have shares and sold them, only a month ago Sam was talking about money and still having to be careful with it. I think it was a live in her car when daughters having nails done at a salon. She was just saying people think she can do this and that, buy this and that but it’s not like that.
So they have gotten a windfall somewhere, not being rude but it’s not like their job was the most time consuming or stressful. Earning money by putting a few pictures up on Instagram isn’t taxing. I think in the long run we will hear more, something has happened behind the scenes for both of them to post this way. You just stop posting, to draw such a definite line is strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am sad in a way, they were one of the first YouTube accounts I ever subscribed to. I remember fangirling when they liked one of my makeup Instagram posts recreating one of their looks :LOL:
As annoying as they can be sometimes they are harmless and I wish them the best in the future. I hope there’s nothing more sinister under the surface and that it is just a natural end for their time on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.