Sam and Nic Chapman - Pixiewoos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I first found the Chapman sisters and used RT brushes it was Sam alone as the face on the packaging and the voice selling the goods, Nic joined later after having her second child. Sam seems the more ‘duck it I’ve had enough and I’m off’ personality 👍.

I applaud Sam for stepping back from
SM whether she’s made enough money or not , good luck to her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I’ll say upfront I only have passing knowledge of these two, but I read Sam’s post and while I think that objectively speaking, stepping back from the industry is something more of her peers should do, in my opinion just reading that specific post gave me strong “depression decision” vibes. If you’ve ever been in that place where you just want to throw away some part of your life because (1) your energy just isn’t there and so you attribute it to the ‘thing’ rather than try and get yourself back on track, and (2) you can’t find joy in the day to day things, or much else, and (3) the things you’ve dedicated time and commitment to just suddenly seem stupid and pointless... It comes out as a ‘You won’t see me here/I don’t want any of this’ kind of dejected and annoyed sounding decision, but one that makes a strangely bold statement about giving something up permanently because you have no feelings toward it anymore.

I get that might seem an unfair assessment because stepping away from something CAN be joyful and energetic and forward thinking. But it didn’t have the vibe of someone who is optimistic and has entered a new phase of their life, rather one that sounds sad and irritated and like they want to get rid of the things around them that must make them feel that way. I didn’t get any real sense of emotion, more of a requisite ‘yeah it’s been a while, you must feel something about this so I’ll pretend to’ vibe... Even her replies to her peers who were writing nice things were void of sentiment or attachment.

Idk it’ll be interesting to see where this goes... she’s stated clearly that she’s leaving so it’ll be interesting if she is down and depressed right now and starts to feel better eventually, what will happen.

Reactions: 12
I’ll say upfront I only have passing knowledge of these two, but I read Sam’s post and while I think that objectively speaking, stepping back from the industry is something more of her peers should do, in my opinion just reading that specific post gave me strong “depression decision” vibes. If you’ve ever been in that place where you just want to throw away some part of your life because (1) your energy just isn’t there and so you attribute it to the ‘thing’ rather than try and get yourself back on track, and (2) you can’t find joy in the day to day things, or much else, and (3) the things you’ve dedicated time and commitment to just suddenly seem stupid and pointless... It comes out as a ‘You won’t see me here/I don’t want any of this’ kind of dejected and annoyed sounding decision, but one that makes a strangely bold statement about giving something up permanently because you have no feelings toward it anymore.

I get that might seem an unfair assessment because stepping away from something CAN be joyful and energetic and forward thinking. But it didn’t have the vibe of someone who is optimistic and has entered a new phase of their life, rather one that sounds sad and irritated and like they want to get rid of the things around them that must make them feel that way. I didn’t get any real sense of emotion, more of a requisite ‘yeah it’s been a while, you must feel something about this so I’ll pretend to’ vibe... Even her replies to her peers who were writing nice things were void of sentiment or attachment.

Idk it’ll be interesting to see where this goes... she’s stated clearly that she’s leaving so it’ll be interesting if she is down and depressed right now and starts to feel better eventually, what will happen.
Agreed. Sam has been upfront about her history with depression. I'm sure a job being so public on social media doesn't help, so all the more reason for her to pack it in.

Reactions: 5
Nic has struggled with her ms a bit this year too, I imagine it must be quite a heavy pressure having to post and keep up appearances. If they’re financially stable I can 100% understand why they’ve decided to step back but I give it 6 months before they feel a bit lost without it.

Reactions: 6
I thought Sam’s step back from social media would be more drastic, she’s still posting several stories on her personal Instagram account a day and she’s posted on her home Instagram account more than ever, it seems.

I thought Sam’s step back from social media would be more drastic, she’s still posting several stories on her personal Instagram account a day and she’s posted on her home Instagram account more than ever, it seems.
I thought the same but I suppose it’s a hard habit to break!

Reactions: 1
Didn't she say that she was stopping using social media for work and would try to reduce her personal usage

Reactions: 3
I understand that social
Media can be a hard habit to break but im actually feeling embarrassed for sam. To make such a big deal out of ‘leaving social media’ and then continuing to post just screams of attention seeking to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I understand that social
Media can be a hard habit to break but im actually feeling embarrassed for sam. To make such a big deal out of ‘leaving social media’ and then continuing to post just screams of attention seeking to me.
I came here to say this. Continuing to post on Instagram about how you’ve ‘quit’ pretty much means you haven’t actually quit, Sam!

I think she’s amended her previous post about quitting and has now stated that she won’t be doing anymore work via Instagram but will still be posting. Considering she barely did any ‘work’ on her Instagram anyway and what she did do was always half hearted I still find it odd to make sure a big deal out of ‘quitting’

It must be so hard to quit with a following like that. All she has to do is post a picture of her face and it is an instant 5k likes at least and around 100 comments telling her how lovely she looks. To go cold turkey on that kind of validation must be rough even if you didn't feel a lot of it was genuine. I always assume these people have a private instagram that their real friends and family know because if every picture on my instagram was of my face I think even my own mum would get fed up pretty quickly.

Reactions: 10
I suppose it's sad, but they're not really relevant anymore. And I don't mean that horribly at all as I enjoyed their instas (Sam's especially), but when you've got young people absolutely nailing make up looks at the age of 15 in their rooms with a little ring light and a tiktok, you have to wonder what their place is now.

I turn off to people who are pure influencers and use their social media platforms to flog anything and everything, and I suppose they're bowing out before it gets to that point.

Will miss Sam's lives though!

Reactions: 12
So much for Nic coming off instagram. She's posting about her son using her face halo to wash his willy in the shower now. Not really the thing to be sharing considering his friends' mums must follow her?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.