Sam and Nic Chapman - Pixiewoos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s exactly what I think too, you can tell they don’t really give a tit anymore
I just don’t think they can be arsed to fight to keep up. When they started they could just do their thing but there’s so much competition and people doing crazy tit to get noticed now, I think they just feel like they’re over it.
If they kind of bow out gracefully, doing the odd bits here and there I don’t blame them. I’d rather see that than they get involved with the YouTube make-up community drama trying to climb on. But I’d also hope they don’t just sort of hang around, getting free stuff, promoting crap like Jim and Tanya but not actually giving anything to their followers content wise that’s not sponsored.
‘influencers’ that are simply a walking advert are vile and I’d hate to see them become that.

Reactions: 9
Sam has gone out of her way to highlight Vestiare in a couple of her stories yet hasn’t declared #ad or suggested a partnership unless I’ve missed something, smacks of something underhand which I don’t usually associate with Sam.

I wonder if she and Nic are going to develop their own brand of something make up related ?

Reactions: 2
I feel like they won’t do anything now other than ads. They’ve made their money it seems.

Reactions: 3
I wonder what happened to that Gin company they were doing?
Maybe the split with RT was so that they can do something themselves in the make-up tool world but often with stuff like that you can’t do anything for a year or so by which time I think they’ll be irrelevant.

Reactions: 1
I wonder what happened to that Gin company they were doing?
Maybe the split with RT was so that they can do something themselves in the make-up tool world but often with stuff like that you can’t do anything for a year or so by which time I think they’ll be irrelevant.
I thought that too but their mac lipsticks seemed like a bit of a flop

I think with RT, initially they did have a lot of input into the shape of brushes but then RT became so popular and started spewing out so many different shapes and multiple brush sets, that there is no way they had the same input as at the beginning. I had a set of the original ones and still have a couple of brushes, then bought another set and some brushes didn't last as long as the older ones... Also, there was a point later on when their brushes started appearing in Tk Maxx and when that happens, you kinda know the company got carried away and now is looking for ways to get rid of the overproduced stock.

Reactions: 11
When did the split from RT happen?

WOW whilst i can understand their decision they are walking away from a LOT of money!! it's crazy! Even if they did step away from the Youtube/Instagram platforms i'd have thought they'd stay involved with RT as it's such a money maker.

Reactions: 6
Fair play to them, they’ve obviously realised they were never going to keep up with other influencers. Rather than flog tat on Instagram for another few years they’ve decided to bow out now. Respect to them for that! They must have earned enough to be able to do this.

Reactions: 17
You can tell they have been over it for a while. Didn't expect them to walk away from it all though especially the brushes

Reactions: 12
I think they were probably dropped from the make up brushes due to declining sales and the mac lipsticks didn't sell well either. I think they're realising that they're kind of past their peak and its time to bow out.

Reactions: 17
I wonder if they will work are freelance make-up artists? Or as some have said, retire early? Personally speaking I'm over social media as well but I don't use it as a source of income like Sam/Nic do/did.

Reactions: 9
I don't like big and I tolerate Sam, but I weirdly feel a bit sad about this . I did used to like them

Reactions: 8
I can understand sam wanting to bow out as I’ve been picking up a lot lately that she’s got some serious issues going on and seems quite depressed but why does nic have to constantly follow her in everything she does? Is she not her own person? I highly doubt she will stay away from Insta as she like to get on there and post pictures and seems to still enjoy doing makeup tutorials

Reactions: 8
If they think that their is no market for them anymore they are severely mistaken. If anything I feel like people are stepping away from the ‘Instagram’ makeup that’s flooded our screens for years now and people are stepping back in the way of a more casual makeup look

Reactions: 6
It's interesting that Sam thanked Nic for her support but Nic didn't mention Sam in a similar way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.