Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CH goes in like a bull dog when crosses.
SH throws some ‘boils my piss’ comments in before going all pious and setting her lap dogs on them.

Reactions: 5
CH goes in like a bull dog when crosses.
SH throws some ‘boils my piss’ comments in before going all pious and setting her lap dogs on them.
Isn't that 'boils my piss' irritating? I see her column is not modded today - wonder why not? Someone has already been quite rude about her qualifications or lack of them. I dip in and out of the FB group but I had forgotten what I had disliked about it - she has a group of friends on it (not sure if she knows them personally) who are quite bossy and rude if you don't toe the line. They all call each other by their surnames - Sali is always 'Hughes' and is always looking 'fierce'. And they pretend to be incredibly ballsy & coarse. It is horribly cliquey. I'll try & get a screenshot of her rambling post where she is definitely not using the group for publicity oh no not at all (but not entirely sure how to do it on my phone).

Reactions: 4
They all call each other by their surnames - Sali is always 'Hughes' and is always looking 'fierce'. And they pretend to be incredibly ballsy & coarse.
The surname thing is bizarre. The Gleamers love it. Crilly. Hughes. 'The' Hirons. Do me a favour.

Yep I remember the clique well. If she finds out about this thread we will get an influx of them (y)

So in the past five days:
Mentioned her kids/ showing photos
Influencer style House refurb stories
Influencer style brand tagging photos of clothes
FB group reopening
Casually dropped in that she’s got a book coming out...

Reactions: 1
Argh there is something about her that irritates me so much. On Twitter now she has read a book. She loves the book (Normal People - Sally Rooney). Anybody that thought it wasn't brilliant is wrong and jealous. Jealous? So you can't have any critical faculty and not like something - you have to be jealous. How mature. Tbf that is probably the level she operates on. Don't like something or disagree? - you must be jealous. 'cough' Lisa Aldridge 'cough'. Oh and of course only she can see the merits of this book - odd, quirky Sali.

And breathe. Thank goodness have here to offload this stuff!

Reactions: 6
Yeah once Sali has deemed something good enough everyone else must agree or
Argh there is something about her that irritates me so much. On Twitter now she has read a book. She loves the book (Normal People - Sally Rooney). Anybody that thought it wasn't brilliant is wrong and jealous. Jealous? So you can't have any critical faculty and not like something - you have to be jealous. How mature. Tbf that is probably the level she operates on. Don't like something or disagree? - you must be jealous. 'cough' Lisa Aldridge 'cough'. Oh and of course only she can see the merits of this book - odd, quirky Sali.

And breathe. Thank goodness have here to offload this stuff!
Ah yes, ‘jealous’ is a popular dismissive shut-down for her and her crew.

Sal is the only one with autonomy and everyone else is just wrong.
Or jealous.

Favourite look from the Oscars? bloke in a dress - of course it is Sali, so left field, so quirky.

Reactions: 6
So, I'm kinda new round here and even to a degree, to Sali. I've read her articles that she's written about being divorced (or soon-to-be) around Christmas etc and I know she is remarried but what's the deal? She said her divorce was unwanted on her side, I think? Has she written about what happened? Just being nosy, to be honest.

I dont know or care about her personnel life. I'm only here because so fed up of her hypocrisy and devious selling practices.
I did see her wedding photos and she looked gorgeous and very happy. Was really nice to see photos of such a happy wedding.
Still can't stand her potty mouth and complete inability to debate, she just loses the plot if crossed.
Surprised her boys agree to being used to promote herself as one is a teenager and they hate parents who embarrass them.
If I ever put my slightly older sons on Instagram, they'd kill me.
Would love it of E C reviewed her queeny book online in the same style that Sali trashed a book a few months ago. BOOM!

Reactions: 1
So the way all the beauty bloggers are getting around the crack down on #ad is by using #presstrip. As seen on CH gram today and Sali’s for the salt factory/holiday/whatever. I predict Sali is going to have many more #presstrips

What’s she won the award for? Her column?

Yes press trip or press sample seems to be the go to phrase, Ruth Crilly is particularly fond of it?.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.