Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:D what did Sali say about Lisa's lipsticks? Or do we assume they are flawless as Sali hasn't found a reason to dismiss them

I think it must really stick in her throat that she has been so overtaken by others in popularity, credibility etc.

She pulled her FB group, started a website which floundered and is now trying to force herself back into relevancy by restarting the FB group, doing IGTV etc. I truly think she thought she was above it before, that her inserting herself into a new girl gang would see her through. She is just bobbing around in an online sea filled with edgier, better, more knowledgeable people.

Reactions: 5
:D what did Sali say about Lisa's lipsticks? Or do we assume they are flawless as Sali hasn't found a reason to dismiss them
I don't think Sali has ever breathed a word about them. They aren't #presssamples and she's most likely too cheap to pay for them herself and admit they are flawless (take note, Jaclyn Hill)

I used to think it was a Gleamer thing that Lisa was a forbidden word, but I see Nic or Sam of Pixiwoo are using the lipsticks.

Reactions: 2
I think it must really stick in her throat that she has been so overtaken by others in popularity, credibility etc.

She pulled her FB group, started a website which floundered and is now trying to force herself back into relevancy by restarting the FB group, doing IGTV etc. I truly think she thought she was above it before, that her inserting herself into a new girl gang would see her through. She is just bobbing around in an online sea filled with edgier, better, more knowledgeable people.
Yes I've noticed that (argh doing a 'Sali' myself! 'Yes I spotted that ages ago') but I agree. The FB group restart is wierd. It was a good group in many ways (with a few caveates eg her cronies/minions always muscling in) years ago and I never liked the other forum. Loads and loads of people asked if it was necessary to change but of course SH knew best. So many reasons given why FB was tit but of course as predicted the forum died on it's arse. I do dip into the new group but it seems to be edging back slowly to some of the worse bits of the old group - a few members inserting constantly and calling Sali 'Hughes' like she is some kind of girl boss which makes me dry heave. She seems to be a lot more online these days - appearing on the FB group also responding on Insta. She maybe is looking for the validation and relevancy she failed to get elsewhere.

Yes I've noticed that (argh doing a 'Sali' myself! 'Yes I spotted that ages ago')
Made me laugh.

but of course as predicted the forum died on it's arse.
Do you think that was the intention? She keeps saying it costs her money to run it.

a few members inserting constantly and calling Sali 'Hughes' like she is some kind of girl boss which makes me dry heave.
Ugh. I assume they think she is celeb-adjacent, therefore well worth cosying up to.

I actually got a couple of them. They are just that, flawless and classy.
I've been thinking of buying one or two! Would you say they stay on well, and are they drying on lips at all? Sorry for the slight OT :)
Then again, few things are gonna piss SH off as much as us using HER thread to gush about Lisa ;)

few members inserting constantly and calling Sali 'Hughes' like she is some kind of girl boss which makes me dry heave. She seems to be a lot more online these days - appearing on the FB group also responding on Insta. She maybe is looking for the validation and relevancy she failed to get elsewhere.
It's the same thing Caroline Hirons basically asks of people, by constantly calling herself Lady Hirons, the Hirons, etc etc.

Reactions: 1
I've been thinking of buying one or two! Would you say they stay on well, and are they drying on lips at all? Sorry for the slight OT :)
Then again, few things are gonna piss SH off as much as us using HER thread to gush about Lisa ;)
Proper nice, honestly. Not drying at all, I hate liquid lipsticks and a lot of matt formulas mainly for that reason. Great staying power too.

• Heart

I think it also shows that her timing was way off. The Facebook group - in its heyday- was lively, spirited and she could have continued to grow her on-line following far better than her somewhat flat forum she set up. She totally didn’t see the value in maintaining that group and it was weird timing to bring it back to life. Had she stuck with the group and honed in on what people liked her she would have perhaps kept her momentum going. Instead, she has an insincere message and seems to be jumping on the influencer bandwagon pretty late in the day.

I think it also shows that her timing was way off. The Facebook group - in its heyday- was lively, spirited and she could have continued to grow her on-line following far better than her somewhat flat forum she set up. She totally didn’t see the value in maintaining that group and it was weird timing to bring it back to life. Had she stuck with the group and honed in on what people liked her she would have perhaps kept her momentum going. Instead, she has an insincere message and seems to be jumping on the influencer bandwagon pretty late in the day.
Yes the original FB group was good. I have no idea what possessed her to change things. I remember her saying they could do more on the new forum without FB constraints but on the odd occasion I tried the forum it was so dull and static. She rarely updated it with the new articles she had promised and it was awfully clunky. This Tattle forum is 1000 times better in terms of usability and layout (and content obv).

Yes the original FB group was good. I have no idea what possessed her to change things. I remember her saying they could do more on the new forum without FB constraints but on the odd occasion I tried the forum it was so dull and static. She rarely updated it with the new articles she had promised and it was awfully clunky. This Tattle forum is 1000 times better in terms of usability and layout (and content obv).
As far as I remember it was a pretty bad attempt to monetise the Facebook group by creating a website with an attached forum where she could make money via selling ad space.

As far as I remember it was a pretty bad attempt to monetise the Facebook group by creating a website with an attached forum where she could make money via selling ad space.
That’s exactly what it was. Loads of GTL members told her they didn’t want it to change and she didn’t just ignored them, she called them all rude and went off on one about manners.

Reactions: 1
That’s exactly what it was. Loads of GTL members told her they didn’t want it to change and she didn’t just ignored them, she called them all rude and went off on one about manners.
I remember it well. And the forum was tit. Just showed she fundamentally didn't understand the appeal of the group in the first place

Agree re Sali's makeup being fuddy duddy. In the last video with KJH Sali says she would totally do a look like that herself and is very experimental with her makeup. I've not seen her do anything but brown shadow and/or liner with either a nude or bright lipstick for about five years. Everytime she wears any makeup which deviates from this someone else has done her face. With the makeup she is given you'd think she'd enjoy having a play but every cutting edge formulation, fabulous new colour looks exactly the same on her face. It's dull.
what is this KJH video I've seen referenced a few times? Where is it and who is KJH? Sorry if silly Qs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.