Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has said she doesn't mind her kids swearing at home. But then I saw or heard her say she'd berrated bad language.

It's the crafted narrative, forged girl gangs and the inconsistencies that are my biggest bugbear.

I too have thought the Sistas circuit is not so unlike jobs for the boys. They just host and interview each other. Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7
How bleeping hypocritical and pure Sali - this is the woman who practically had a meltdown at a journalist who mentioned Madonna's age. I'll also never forget the series of tweets years ago (sadly deleted) slut shaming Rhianna for an outfit she wore at the X factor (I think) whilst saying Madonna can wear what she wants.
I see she and her pals are crawling over themselves to congratulate Lauren L on getting Desert Island Discs permanently since Kirsty retired from it. My heart sank as I think she is awful.
What did SH say about Queen Rihanna?!

Is the tweet still up?

What a nasty twit for that , women supporting women only when it suits , it would seem.
Women supporting women only works for Queen Sali if it supports her, her posse or the celebrities she has decided are worth of praise. She is the one and only arbiter of taste and worth, duh!

Reactions: 3
Laughing my head off at her twitter replies to people about this filming at gigs thing. All her replies to show how edgy she is at how she had been all the best gigs. I could not crop the one where someone mentioned Billie Eilish at Glasto and her reply started with ‘yes I was there’. Don’t worry sali we all know you were at Glasto love.

Also I am not sure if I was her teenager child I would want a picture of my bedroom posted on my mums insta stories. I really don't get how influencers, schillers, showoffs whatever you want to call them think it is OK to display their children lives for all to see. It should be private IMO

Attachments

Last edited:
I took a screenshot last night. Presume the tweet is still there as there's nothing wrong with it apparently.

None of the comments are mine btw but I completely agree with the first one under Sali's in my screenshot. View attachment 27234

Same. Desert island discs ruined for the foreseeable future.
I don’t know. You said it. I’m not sure what you’re problem is but my comment following yours was in agreement and continuing the narrative on how bizarre it is to call a diet camp a writing retreat. A topic that I brought up in the first place.
She’s the only one I heard saying it was a retreat for writers. A lot of journos do go there, but apparently Sali has translated it into a writers’ retreat, and she is humourless. I was not agreeing with her. I’m sure many of the trips there are #gifted, but I’ve not seen anyone declaring that fact yet. It wasn’t apparent to me at first that you agreed with me. I don’t think any of them would agree with the term diet camp. A severe health spa would be a better term.

As always Sali takes something I broadly agree with (filming entire gigs on mobiles) and makes me end up supporting the other view point.
Pious, humourless, snobbish, superior.

Reactions: 4
As always Sali takes something I broadly agree with (filming entire gigs on mobiles) and makes me end up supporting the other view point.
Pious, humourless, snobbish, superior.
I agree completely, she does make you feel like supporting the other side of any argument because of her snotty attitude.

Of course she was at Kate Bush’s show🙄.

Word.

Reactions: 5
According to her Twitter the other day, no one EVER films at Madonna gigs. And Sali would know, of course, being the self-appointed oracle of Madonna “knowledge”. Presumably she’s been to every gig Madonna’s done in the UK to be able to make such a proclamation. She’s such a bullshitter she’ll probably claim she’d been to some of the legendary ones in the ‘80s and early ‘90s - although not sure how she’d have afforded the tickets given that she was apparently either living in “poverty” in Wales, or “homeless” (sofa surfing for a few weeks in London, which is what an awful lot of young people do when they move down there until they get work. Or in her case, when a relative pays her flat deposit). Somehow able to afford to go to Glastonbury as a teen as well, despite being So Working Class. Didn’t go again until 2017 (if she’d ever been at all before that - doubtful) but is also somehow now the oracle on what to think about Glastonbury. That Twitter conversation with “CatMo” (cringe) where she says people criticising her “Wouldn’t last a second where I grew up”, like she’s from South-Central LA rather than a completely ordinary village in Wales with a below-average crime rate. She also completely misses the contradiction of Billie Eilish telling people to “live in the moment” when Eilish is an artist whose entire career is based on social media chatter. Sali seems to think she’s an expert on music as well as everything else. Not an expert on keeping her fabricated life history consistent though. I actually think there’s something wrong with her, she’s a pathological liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Sali is an expert on everything😁.

She’s probably an expert on interior design now <snigger> and knows all the best builders 😉.

Reactions: 1
The “us authors” Judith Kerr story was so embarrassing, as was the diet camp dressed up as a “writer’s retreat”. Total fantasist. Sali’s books probably average 15 words per page, they’re mainly pictures - the one about the queen is just a picture book with a few Hello magazine captions. The main name on the front should be the person in the legal department of the publisher who had to license the photos. Can’t believe she has the brass neck to place herself in the same universe as Judith Kerr, or any other genuine author. She’s one of those rare women who could do with a bit more Imposter Syndrome, because frankly she is one. She’s built a false identity on the rather rickety foundations of some make-up reviews, desperate networking/ arselicking, and a fake back-story (“We were so poor BUT my mum wore Chanel perfume every day and I had a bottle of Dior at age 11”).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That photo she posted of her dad in Africa wearing what looked like a safari suit or similar... Sorry but you don’t need to know much about social history to know that that man wasn’t working class.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It was toe curling wathching Hirons and Crilly at the Celine Dion concert the other night on IG stories acting out the famous Titanic scene.

It was toe curling wathching Hirons and Crilly at the Celine Dion concert the other night on IG stories acting out the famous Titanic scene.
I often wonder why these people feel the need to show us what a wonderful time they’re having 😁 ....and yes it was toe curling 😁.

• Haha
Caught the end of a segment on Broadcasting House this morning. They were talking about Desert Island Discs And the contributor said she really hadn't warmed to the new presenter. Not just us then!

I read in a Sali - penned article once that when she ran away to London she was so poor that she slept in a bath.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.