Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not only pro Brexit but extremely right wing generally. Very anti-immigrant (ironic as she is one but she's rich, white and a native English speaker so probably think she's 'the right kind of immigrant.') Saw her on the BBC recently referring to remainers as 'emotionally odd. '
I worked with somebody who knew her through academia and they said she was not a nice person at all.

Reactions: 1
Its possible it was part of the same thing. A woman had written a blog post making certain accusations. Sali came out saying, essentially, what a witch. Turned out he had a massive gambling addiction and was generally an emotionally abusive hole according to his own blog fairly shortly after. As i say, i found it very telling that Sali immediately not only went after the woman but also somehow made it about her. Some good friends of mine were knee deep in Gtl at the time but after that I just couldnt.
From the sound of it very different things and so I think separate occasions and I assume a different friend.
What I saw was a direct conversation with a woman her friend had duped. There wasn't any general tweeting about the situation and no one else was tweeting about it. A French woman had had webcam sex with SH's friend to later find out there would be no further contact and he was settled down with a pregnant gf. Am now curious about your scenario. (I can remember which of SH's friends the one I saw was about and pretty certain not the same person. They don't seem the blogging type and nothing about gambling.)

Something to do with the idea of a child being born evil. An infant behaving deliberately to upset its mother. Or something. I think some child psychologists thought it was potentially damaging/dangerous.

Out of a sort of morbid curiosity I started watching In the Bathroom with Zanna Rassi wotsit. Sali’s furiously pinched face! She doesn’t even try to conceal her contempt! And what was with her outfit? Surely the frumpiest she’s ever worn?

Last edited:
Out of a sort of morbid curiosity I started watching In the Bathroom with Zanna Rassi wotsit. Sali’s furiously pinched face! She doesn’t even try to conceal her contempt! And what was with her outfit? Surely the frumpiest she’s ever worn?
Also clearly picking Zanna's brain in the first part. That was not for the benefit of the audience

Last edited:
Has anyone here ever used milk makeup? What’s with all that plastic??????? Is it recyclable?

I was quite tempted by a few things but the reviews on Cult Beauty were quite lukewarm (and I find the reviews on there are often on the plus side of my opinion) so I decided against.

In short l think Influencer culture is becoming transparently toxic and they need to be much more accountable for their actions in making people feel they need this product/lifestyle/ service to feel better about themselves and their lives.
This could be applied to every Influencer thread 👏

Especially since big companies like Estee Lauder or Shiseido will eventually buy them all.

I used to buy into products when influencers used to feature them at the initial launch. Now I wait a couple of months, and most of the time, they're never mentioned again (and I add the cost of said product to my not-bought spreadsheet)

Reactions: 9
Spoiler. SH is doing a column soon on lip balms. For chapped winter lips I think. What can have been loathed for years about a lip balm? There will be something.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.