Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to tell you something.

I buy Sisley lip balm.

It's £30+ a pot.

It saved my lips one winter and I can't bear to stop using it incase they shrivel up and crack again.

I also bought clarins lip oil (guess who recommend?) And it's nice. A nice lip gloss. Not a lip saviour as SH had suggested.

ETA - it's £40+, just checked. Help me.
I use the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream during the winter, nothing else compared to it, and when I tried to find a replacement, I'd end up buying 5 cheaper hand creams and not be satisfied, so duck it. My hands crack and bleed, I sometimes sleep with gloves on, if someone has a better option (cheaper and CF) I'm open to suggestions, haven't bought a new tube yet, but soon I'll have to.

Reactions: 5
@RayRayJay , no shaming from me, I buy the Omorovicza one. It’s amazing. I have cheaper ones too but they’re not in the same league at all.

Reactions: 1
Should we take this to the Actually honest thread? Anyway, if you are ever in a European country with dm (like your Boots or Superdrug) stores, get the Alverde calendula lip balm, really cheap, maybe a quid or so, but the best balm I've ever tried.

Reactions: 3
I use the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream during the winter, nothing else compared to it, and when I tried to find a replacement, I'd end up buying 5 cheaper hand creams and not be satisfied, so duck it. My hands crack and bleed, I sometimes sleep with gloves on, if someone has a better option (cheaper and CF) I'm open to suggestions, haven't bought a new tube yet, but soon I'll have to.
The Polaar hand cream is similar and cheaper but I agree with the L’Occitane splurge, it’s gorgeous and I must have bought dozens over the years. I buy from QVC which works out cheaper

Should we take this to the Actually honest thread? Anyway, if you are ever in a European country with dm (like your Boots or Superdrug) stores, get the Alverde calendula lip balm, really cheap, maybe a quid or so, but the best balm I've ever tried.
Ooh, thanks for that rec. I just bought three on eBay for $15, free shipping to the US from Germany

Reactions: 2
I still use Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter on my lips after someone recommended it on the SHB forum years ago. It’s lovely stuff x

I still use Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter on my lips after someone recommended it on the SHB forum years ago. It’s lovely stuff x
Speaking of old recommendations, does anybody remember Queen something Mint Julep, which was recommended on GTL time and time again?
Hello from Cheltenham! I was always a lurker on GTL and really enjoyed (from afar) the camaraderie. I would love to have joined in but am much too shy. Still I miss the forum. Not the bitchiness that sometimes made its way into the conversations. I warmed to certain personalities more than others and wonder what happened to Melody Nelson, who I seem to remember, was expecting...? also that really lovely girl with amazing cheekbones who was into make up and taxidermy...Beth something?

I am waiting for someone from here to set up a group similar to GTL, for disenchanted ex-GTLers but sans Sali. Anyone?

If Lauren is a Sali copycat, then Sali is the copycat of Lynne Easton: leopard skin clothes, rescue dogs, vegetarianism, red lip, and more. Sali is not the original maverick she thinks she is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Look out for a massive push on hair products from influencers starting very soon

https://www.glossy.co/beauty/whats-the-solution-for-makeups-slow-down
Haha, they've missed the boat. I could open my own shop with all the hair care products I have - every shelf in my bathroom cabinet is full and I have two carrier bags full of "overflow".

Hey up skiddies

£35 for a lip balm is bloody ridiculous, but someone somewhere will buy it!

Talking of stupidly expensive lip balms, anyone remember when By Terry's Baume de Rose was being shilled everywhere?

I got a sample once and it's lovely but the cost... no way.
I hold my hands up, I do love that stuff. I put a layer on with my skincare and leave it to sink in whilst I put my makeup on. Once everything else is applid I blot any excess with a tissue and then put my lipstick on, it really does make my lips feel plumper.

It's the kind of thing someone with more money than sense would buy, so yes!

I remember her singing the praises of the much more reasonably priced lanolips as well. I wonder if that will be in there?

It's crazy really. I mean you can get great lip balms in tk maxx/superdrug/boots for less than a fiver!
That would be me then! 😂😂😂 Don't worry, I'm not offended, I know I spend obscene amounts of money on beauty products, it's my catnip! 😁😁😁

I honestly can’t bear Hirons. What a nasty piece of work. She needs to go and give her tile grout a good scrub. And her gob whilst she at it.
Her language is disgusting, I think most navvies would be ashamed to speak like she does. It makes her sound very uneducated and lacking in vocabulary. As far as I'm concerned once someone descends into swearing they have automatically lost the argument, it just shows they have no valid way of articulating their views.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Can I ask a really silly question, what is GTL? I've tried Googling it, but the stuff that comes in the search results is clearly not what I'm looking for! Some stuff about correctional facilities (!?!🤣) and some software related stuff.
I was wondering the exact same thing and thank you you have just saved me 20 minutes of manic googling!!

• Haha
I am a hair product junkie as well. I have such fine, thin hair that I will buy anything that promises thickness or volume. No HG as yet , despite decades of searching :(

Speaking of old recommendations, does anybody remember Queen something Mint Julep, which was recommended on GTL time and time again?
Hello from Cheltenham! I was always a lurker on GTL and really enjoyed (from afar) the camaraderie. I would love to have joined in but am much too shy. Still I miss the forum. Not the bitchiness that sometimes made its way into the conversations. I warmed to certain personalities more than others and wonder what happened to Melody Nelson, who I seem to remember, was expecting...? also that really lovely girl with amazing cheekbones who was into make up and taxidermy...Beth something?

I am waiting for someone from here to set up a group similar to GTL, for disenchanted ex-GTLers but sans Sali. Anyone?

If Lauren is a Sali copycat, then Sali is the copycat of Lynne Easton: leopard skin clothes, rescue dogs, vegetarianism, red lip, and more. Sali is not the original maverick she thinks she is.

The mint julep mask was something that 🤮 Katy Lindemann 🤮 kept “wanging on” about. (Remember that expression?!) Not sure what happened to Melody Nelson, except that she had a baby boy. Beth can be found here:

I swear by Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for lips. A tube is £28 but it lasts about two years! It’s the only thing that heals those cracks that sometimes appear in winter at the sides of the lips.

The mint julep mask was something that Katy Lindemann 🤮 kept “wanging on” about. (Remember that expression?!) Not sure what happened to Melody Nelson, except that she had a baby boy. Beth Anderson can be found here:

Mint Julep was like paint stripper...and I have the most oily skin. Horrible stuff...
Beth, what a girl ! I'm so pleased to hear ahe is doing well!

I swear by Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for lips. A tube is £28 but it lasts about two years! It’s the only thing that heals those cracks that sometimes appear in winter at the sides of the lips.
Word.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.