Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SH so firmly believes in the inherent superiority of blue ticks that she fails to see any wrongdoing on her part. In her mind, there is a social media hierarchy and, having inveigled her way in, she now feels it is her right to punch down. It's truly despicable

Witness the way she says "quite a few female celebrities ..." to both back her behaviour and solidify/boast about her status as of one of them. She totally buys her own bullshit

Reactions: 11
We take the piss and can be harsh(ish) but always remember SALI HUGHES directly caused a woman to lose her job. A job that she wanted herself. How fucked up is that. Not some idle gossip on a trivia site that can be easily ignored. But a sustained campaign that affected someone's actual life and career. Real life. Not gossip. Real life. So fucked up.

• Angry
Reactions: 22
I set up a different twitter account 2 years ago. Thought, let me try something. I never tweet from it & only follow a couple of ppl. I’m blocked! 😂😂😂

I am assuming Sali is hoping she can do the same with all of us. Good luck with that!!
good luck, I’m a self-employed lady of the afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just had a look at the assistant's IG. Single White Female, or what?

• Sad
It's, erm, sweet? Possibly. She's had a lot of nice shoes off SH. Nice one (y)
A quick scroll through brought up a photo of the 'Lipstick. Literature. Liberalism' jumper. I am willing to bet anyone who ever bought that wore it once, tops, before shrivelling a little inside as people looked at them with pity. I mean where do you begin. And btw bleeping lipstick. It just isn't a bleeping powerful feminist tool that men are scared of. Even a bold red lip. It is a pleasant optional adornment. Nothing more and nothing less. It's just meant to be a bit of fun isn't it? But then again I'm a cave dwelling shitmouth (© SH) so trying to apply makeup to my beef face is always going to be a bit of a challenge. The light just isn't that good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Jumping back to previous topic but the example of the Cornish Seasalt product posts is a perfect example of how the Influencer gig works - probably/possibly paid for trip to Cornwall with three friends to visit the factory and have a holiday results in candid recommendations and product placement that suckers like me then fall for.

There are more products l have bought from following SH that l haven’t liked compared to the number l have liked. Top of mind list includes Mary Greenwells perfume which was awful, Sam McKnight hair texturising spray ( really overpriced but admittedly beautiful packaging) there are others but l can’t remember now.

Reactions: 3
In short l think Influencer culture is becoming transparently toxic and they need to be much more accountable for their actions in making people feel they need this product/lifestyle/ service to feel better about themselves and their lives. I also don’t buy the theory that SHs recommendations save you money - because you don’t buy products that aren’t efficacious but spend your money more wisely. In my case atleast that is completely untrue as SH fuelled a desire for products that simply wasn’t there before. At first l didn’t mind it as her recommendations were simply and unchanging eg Estée Lauder ANR and Liz Earle cleanse and polish but then she changed her must have products every week it seemed and it became exhausting and expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jumping back to previous topic but the example of the Cornish Seasalt product posts is a perfect example of how the Influencer gig works - probably/possibly paid for trip to Cornwall with three friends to visit the factory and have a holiday results in candid recommendations and product placement that suckers like me then fall for.

There are more products l have bought from following SH that l haven’t liked compared to the number l have liked. Top of mind list includes Mary Greenwells perfume which was awful, Sam McKnight hair texturising spray ( really overpriced but admittedly beautiful packaging) there are others but l can’t remember now.
Oh so true, I bought some REN under eye stuff she swore blind had transformed her face and it bobbled like buggery. Huge waste of cash, as were so many other recs. I kept hoping, though because I bought the 'honest' diatribe.

Reactions: 8
Oh! Dawn O’Porter is on Lauren Laverne’s show this morning. Awks.
I hope Sali has seen Dawn’s IG stories of her London Book Launch and drunken silliness afterwards with her sister Jane. She looks so happy and fulfilled and, well, everything Sali is seemingly not. Well done Dawn! Revenge and all that

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To coin a word that the youth use, Sali has fast become irrelevant, and is panicking [but it's easier to blame us]

The Graun column is outdated - nowadays, people want to see swatches and more interactive content, not the latest overpriced shite from Queen Charlotte.

Her make up is monotonous, there are lots of IGers who do fresh takes on looks that are user-friendly.

And she's completely charmless for IGTV. Harry Makes It Up, or Katie Jane Hughes have talent and warmth

Reactions: 9
I hope Sali has seen Dawn’s IG stories of her London Book Launch and drunken silliness afterwards with her sister Jane. She looks so happy and fulfilled and, well, everything Sali is seemingly not. Well done Dawn! Revenge and all that
Absolutely, Dawn, and her sister, come across as very nice , funny and genuine.

As you say ; everything that Sali isn’t.

She doesn’t have any talent for IGTV, make up application or a Live chat , imagine that !

KJH and Lisa E have a good vibe running through them which is endearing and they’re extremely clever at their trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I've only recently discovered KJH and then realised that she did a video with SH that people here had mentioned - I could not believe how rude SH was towards her; it was so unprofessional. I think she asked her a question about cleanser or foundation and SH snipped, "Well, I get a lot through my work, don't I?"

It's my pet hate as a response. In my first ever job, one of my bosses didn't show up and I asked a colleague where he was. "He flew to France last night, because his mother died, didn't she." DID SHE? WTF, no I didn't know and when did this become a thing!?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.