Sali Hughes #7 Yes I threatened and yes I lie, but can I interest you in beauty pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no! She might not realise you can make your IG private! That way only people you have approved can follow you. Not sure if the same function is available on Twitter. Definitely can do that with Facebook.

Oh no! She might not realise you can make your IG private! That way only people you have approved can follow you. Not sure if the same function is available on Twitter. Definitely can do that with Facebook.
Yeah but as an "influencer" it wouldn't be in her interest to have a private IG page

Reactions: 4
If will be The Assistant because Sali is out at an awards dinner.
Just imagine being that assistant who is sitting at home with a ready meal for one blocking people on the internet while your boss enjoys a #gifted evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just imagine being that assistant who is sitting at home with a ready meal for one blocking people on the internet while your boss enjoys a #gifted evening.
I can't imagine that level of subservience. I guess she thinks she's fighting the good fight 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am also not that savvy, but I am certain that can’t be legal! I found this:

It looks v v complicated!
It seems pretty simple, but it requires a person to engage with you before you can find out their IP address. Many of us just follow her and don’t engage with her. So if she is getting IP addresses, she might be getting them from this site.

Let’s do a quick poll:

Hands up if you have been blocked, LaDs.

Haha yea and they've found me and blocked me on twitter. God knows why. I don't give a tit but I'd love to know how all these saddos have the time! Me,I've got a real job 🤣
I think its QUITE illegal to use an IP tracker to find and block people from an site where you are anon, like this.

Reactions: 2
It was in an article about botox so meaning was clear from context. Obviously it wasn't an extensive mention and she should have mentioned clearly on the platforms where she flogs (sorry, influences/writes Pulitzer-worthy journalism) but she hadn't never mentioned it. As I've posted here for the first time this afternoon curious as to whether I've been blocked yet.
It strikes me as noteworthy that in a article about Botox where the word Botox appears everywhere, in the concluding par when talking about herself the wording is ‘injection’. The implication is Botox for sure, and that’s what the casual reader will take away. It reads to me it’s been written that way so it can’t be pull-quoted later. Deniability is the name of the game. Remember we’re talking about an influencer who wilfully interprets “do you dye your hair” as “do you dye your own hair at home with your own hands”.

Reactions: 2
Regarding Madonna, this is what she said in Pretty Honest: "she is also the ultimate embodiment of a woman who was not born conventionally beautiful, but absolutely sees physical beauty as her right. She does the best with what her genes gave her, as we all should"

There are services like IP Logger and Grabify that don't appear to require interaction. It's all so sordid

Regarding Madonna, this is what she said in Pretty Honest: "she is also the ultimate embodiment of a woman who was not born conventionally beautiful, but absolutely sees physical beauty as her right. She does the best with what her genes gave her, as we all should"
Wow, so prescriptive and superficial. Not everyone prioritises physical beauty as she does. Shallow af

I used to just think she was just rude and conceited. Now I think she's vapid and mendacious, a bully, a misogynist and possibly a racist as well 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It seems pretty simple, but it requires a person to engage with you before you can find out their IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) . Many of us just follow her and don’t engage with her. So if she is getting IP addresses, she might be getting them from this site.

Let’s do a quick poll:

Hands up if you have been blocked, LaDs.
Oh so THAT’S why she went mental with me when I was questioning her on a few things, saying I don’t even follow her?? Because she was frustrated she couldn’t find anything out about me- address etc??

• Wow
Reactions: 5
There are services like IP Logger and Grabify that don't appear to require interaction.
The way those sites work DO require interaction of some sort.

How it works is that:

1. I would take a URL or a website address of my choice.
2. I would then get a shortened version of it from IP Logger or Grabify (like a bit.ly link).
3. I would share that link on twitter/IG/FB etc.
4. People will click on link.
5. I will then have IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) details of all the people who click on that link.

It sounds to me like she may have done that AS WELL AS got The Assistant (hi Lauren!!) to do some cross-referencing from posts on here with recently-ish added members/members’ profiles.

I hope you managed to negotiate a good deal for all this online sleuthing, Lauren, and that you’re getting some actual cash for your efforts rather than a pair of boots which Sally probably called in for free. Otherwise, what would be the point??! You’re in your mid-thirties now, dammit. Get some self-respect!

What info does an IP tracker give the person doing the stalking?
IP address. If you’re using residential internet, it will give you details about the internet provider/geographical location/Operating system/time that use clicked on link/type of browser being used. Geographical location can be cross-referenced with a person’s social media profile. Twitter also lets you know what platform a user posted from - iPhone/Android/web/etc. Again, I bet Lauren is building up a profile of people who post here. I actually feel sorry for her. She needs to get out more.

If you are using your mobile data plan, same info would apply but the geographical location and IP address will be much more vague. I just looked up my own IP address online from a generic up tracking site, and apparently I’m in Sheffield. (I’m actually in London...)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Well, that's me proved wrong. I did think that after the Friday video SH would have reflected that she was better off not engaging with Tattle Life. I even thought - Pollyanna that I am - that she would take on board some of the concerns that had been raised here.

I do still think it's a shame that these discussions couldn't have taken place - openly and constructively and without the piss-taking - within SH's social media and in the Guardian comments rather than being blocked/moderated out. They could even have provided material for her writing: what does it mean to be an honest beauty journalist these days? can a journalist also be an influencer? is a beauty influencer entitled to privacy about her own cosmetic procedures?

Reactions: 6
Omg I’ve just thought... what if Lauren is one of us??? What if she’s a tattlelifer???

WHAT IF SHE STARTED THE FIRST THREAD ON SH AND HAS TO KEEP BLOCKING AND DELETING TO MAINTAIN HER COVER?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.