Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That wouldn’t have been much use, in another post she made a point about how the coffees were left untouched

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I listened to a few minutes of her latest my trolling hell radio segment. What I found interesting is that she said ‘Becky’ was all matey and tried to hug her when they greeted. But in previous accounts of this story Becky was meek, timid, shamefaced and couldn’t stop apologising for the crime of posting here. At least keep your fictional character stories straight
And she was magnanimous to Becky in this telling. She actually admired her bravery in coming forward. Whereas at the time she was just bitchy about her. And I'm sure there was a discussion with John Niven on Twitter laughing at 'Becky' and Sali saying 'wait til we meet up and I play you the full recording'.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
What date was Freaky Friday?
Friday September 27th 2019
IMG_6652.jpeg
The day Sali Hughes, Patron Saint of Tattle commenced advertising for new members in the world’s most successful censorship campaign since Barb Streisand tried to stop people looking at a photo of Californian coastal erosion.

🙌 as Pats might say 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 29
View attachment 2836172The day Sali Hughes, Patron Saint of Tattle commenced advertising for new members in the world’s most successful censorship campaign since Barb Streisand tried to stop people looking at a photo of Californian coastal erosion.

🙌 as Pats might say 🙌
I joined around then, because of her. I’d looked at the posts up til then and honestly couldn’t see what she was talking about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She’d been annoying me for ages with her meanness on Twitter to other celebs (mostly women) & how she cost another woman her job (and was proud about it). Then Freaky Friday happened & it’s been all go ever since. Never a dull moment as she morphed from ‘pretty honest’ journalist to influencer, making bank with her impartial recommendations (whilst moaning furiously about advertising guidelines).

• Angry
Reactions: 21
I was looking up when she did Freaky Friday and re read an article from The Guardian she wrote.
In it was this comment which I thought was strange tbh. People here didn't troll her enough.

Screenshot_20240325_181326.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I was looking up when she did Freaky Friday and re read an article from The Guardian she wrote.
In it was this comment which I thought was strange tbh. People here didn't troll her enough.

View attachment 2836707
What? She wanted people to directly attack her instead of talk about her in a place where she’d have to go looking for it? Ludicrous. I bet she has excellent imaginary arguments with us in her head.

• Haha

View attachment 2836707
She knows perfectly well that doing this in her WhatsApp WOULD be trolling, stalking even.
Here? It's gossip, just like in her beloved mags.
You'd think that all the praise she gets on Insta would be enough for her ego.

What? She wanted people to directly attack her instead of talk about her in a place where she’d have to go looking for it? Ludicrous. I bet she has excellent imaginary arguments with us in her head.
Her and Monroe both just give off vibes of…
IMG_6662.jpeg
IMG_6666.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2836172The day Sali Hughes, Patron Saint of Tattle commenced advertising for new members in the world’s most successful censorship campaign since Barb Streisand tried to stop people looking at a photo of Californian coastal erosion.

🙌 as Pats might say 🙌
It should be commemorated every year by everyone donating to Hygiene Banks.

• Haha
She knows perfectly well that doing this in her WhatsApp WOULD be trolling, stalking even.
Here? It's gossip, just like in her beloved mags.
You'd think that all the praise she gets on Insta would be enough for her ego.
I'm not sure that she means her WhatsApp. I think she means a private WhatsApp group chat.

Reactions: 10
That old thread was a step back in time, some usernames I’ve not seen in a while.

I cannot stress enough how much ‘WTAF’ i was thinking after I watched freaky Friday and then came here for a good old nosy - expecting to read horrifying and nasty comments which is not what I found at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think I googled something like 'Sali Hughes annoying and preachy' as that is how I'd started to find her columns. I obviously do not object to sustainability or cruelty-free beauty; these are self-evidently good things. It's just the tone of her Guardian columns had become so joyless and holier than thou. I *then* started to think back to her absolutist pronouncements and the cult-like feeling of the SHB forum and had the epiphany ... bit of a twit!
Anyway, that Googling led me here and to the Freaky Friday clip. There was no going back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm not sure that she means her WhatsApp. I think she means a private WhatsApp group chat.
Yeah this, she wishes any negative opinions about her were kept to private.

But if you are a public instagram influencer then you'd be crazy to insist on all opinions to be kept in private, but we are where we are. I was going to say you live by the sword but knowing Sali she'd turn that phrase about karma into a death threat like she was with someone's joke that she'd sell her children for a lipstick. "¡They said I'd sell my children!"

It's particularly funny for her to insist on this with all the records of her using her social media for posts that are far worse than the most of tattle. She's deleted loads of tweets that would get her instantly banned by the BBC, but the receipts still exist on tattle.

Online commentary is the closest thing to regulation that influencers have.
---
Not going to lie, have played that shimmering with self righteousness indignant vid more than once when having a bad day at work and it never fails to cheer me.
It's a video version of a work email you draft when you're annoyed. Most people would know to never hit send. Yet here she is probably spent a long time writing it and then turning it into a video, watching back said video and then clicking post. 😬 awks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.